View Single Post
Old 28 Nov 2016, 20:18   #309
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgotoofar View Post
Normally I would understand, TWG, especially knowing each other as we do, but I must say, while I disagree with his tone (which, in spite of his explanation, can seem off at times) and his misgivings about the show (though I admit I am not the most confident about its prospects myself), Adje's got a point, in that:

There are many sections of MLUKFC that are off-limits to unregistered guests, but this forum and this thread are not one of them. Anybody -- be they Meat fans, Jim fans, fans of both, or people who wandered in because they wanted to know more about Fred -- can come here, read it, and post it in other places, and they don't even necessarily have to be members of the forum (which is why advising people who are members of MLUKFC not to share information in other places, at least in this particular instance, is kind of a waste of breath). (To my knowledge, the person who posted the information is not a regular poster here, or at least not that I'm aware of. I did comment on it when they shared the info, if that may be the source of confusion.)

If you want to keep information from leaking, then the best way to do that is to do just that -- say nothing, or at least say nothing publicly. (Which is something I have learned at my peril, even though the entertainment industry is full of announcements about projects, or aspects thereof, that never came to be; witness tons of stuff in Jim's career as an example.) But if your enthusiasm is going to outweigh your ability to do that, then you have to accept the fact that if you post this information in an area of the forum that anyone can access, anyone can (and will) share the information elsewhere. (Hell, people are just as casual about stuff in members-only sections of the forum as we learned recently with Meat's post a while back in the Braver forum, so this shouldn't be that surprising.)

While I wish you wouldn't go, if you understand all this and still wish not to post, I do understand.
Honestly, those that have been here for awhile probably feel like this place is a tad more than "Just another place on the Internet". Fact is, much of what used to be said here would stay here. Meat would even come here and tell us things that he didn't want others to know yet.

If TWG is willing to share something, it means this place is somewhat special to him. I wouldn't take offense to that. Either agree to honor the ethical rule he's politely asking you to follow, or say you're unwilling. Everybody deserves to have healthy boundaries, we're all adults here and we can all decide what we're willing to do to compromise. Sorry if that sounds a bit cold to Adje - After all, we all find certain websites with up-to-date Meat Loaf information quite useful and exciting - but it wasn't meant that way. Perhaps some sort of a delay before reporting, agreed upon with TWG?
stretch37 is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.

Page generated in 0.02587 seconds with 14 queries.