Quote:
Originally Posted by proctorloaf View Post
Hey - I also work in show business
Congratulations!

Quote:
Alfie Bow had the best selling UK album (with Micheal Ball) in 2016
Idina Menzel sang on the biggest selling Disney Movie of all time - Frozen
Lin-Manuel Miranda - wrote Hamilton which has been sold out in the US for 3+ years and sold out in 2 weeks when put on sale in the UK a year ahead of opening.

There might be call for a Take That or the like in my list.

Ramin is my only indulgence, but only because he's one of the top 5 best male vocalists in the world right now.
All of which are relevant - to your choices. Implying that they wouldn't be mine shouldn't draw such umbrage. (You'd also be surprised where we agree; you choosing Lin-Manuel inspired me to choose him for my list, but for a different track. While he's a competent singer in my opinion, I think he really excels at spoken word, which might be giving too much away, but I'm gearing up to post my list shortly anyway, so it's not a big reveal.)

Quote:
Musical Theatre stars have a place in this album's story. Bat out of Hell is the most successful Musical Theatre soundtrack album of all time. It's 6 songs from a Musical and 1 filler (Two out of 3). Lucky for us Steinman doesn't write fillers because he's a genius.
I agree, which is why I didn't say none; I said I personally would use less, taking nothing away from what anyone else would choose. (Also, personally speaking, whatever "Two Out of Three Ain't," it also ain't filler, to me anyway.)

Quote:
I tried to mix contemporary and legacy artists in disc 2. Trying by best to keep Beiber and Sheeran out of it.
Apparently Harry Styles is okay though. (Kidding - I actually quite like the direction he's taking, now that it's not One. See what I did there?)

Quote:
ps - my idea for this album is a reaction to the Musical which was in Manchester and London and has just opened in Toronto.
Agreed, as is mine.
letsgotoofar is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.

Page generated in 0.04545 seconds with 14 queries.