Thread: The Boss???
View Single Post
Old 03 Jul 2013, 10:42   #6
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie in the rv mirror View Post
That's OK, Wario, you're entitled to your opinion. Too bad, though- just think of all the bootlegs you're missing! We're a bunch of setlist geeks too- endless discussions. Oh well!
The problem perhaps is if Wario were to do a Wario Springsteen YouTube channel and really get in to him he would need about 10 lifetimes to be able to listen and post all the amazing bootlegs of Springsteen onto YouTube.

How I got into Springsteen (true story):
In 1998 I started University in Glasgow and was sharing a student flat with a student from Norway.
I was messing about with some music ideas on the synthesizer and computer and put a song together called "Time after Time". Perhaps influenced by "out of the Frying Pan" I thought. The flatmate from Norway commented saying "Man that sounds like a Springsteen song." Interesting how influences worked in reverse there.
This in turn led me to look into Bruce's music and got all the albums. Over the next 5 years I collected tons of Bootlegs, even set up my own trading website and culminated in May 2003 with seeing Bruce for the first time 3 times in a row. Great times.
Springsteen is the most prolific song writer (after Bob Dylan - though I feel many of his songs don't make as much sense to me) and most consistent entertainer I know of. The fact no shows are ever the same with regards to setlist is rather special in my opinion, plus the 3-4 hour show lengths. I think he has definitely made the most out of what he can do.

Sure you can not like him or his music but to slate him on effort or anything is a bit like saying Einstein was a terrible scientist in my opinion.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.

Page generated in 0.02434 seconds with 14 queries.