View Single Post
Old 15 Apr 2012, 08:43   #48
kkzag
Senior Loafer

Angry

I watched that Tavis interview when it aired, and again on this thread. When Meat brought up the topic of the prayer banner being taken down I remembered seeing that on the news, and the empty wall of a banner that hung for so many years.

That being said, I thought Meat was using that recent story (because it was recent to the time of the interview) as an example of how these people are focusing their time and energy to have it removed...rather than utilizing precious time in some other manner to promote peace. We have all this hatred going on...our country has been, and continues to be...attacked. Soldiers are dying...still. People are starving, homeless, jobless...I could go on and on. I see suffering on a daily basis as I work in a field of "compassion" as a Registered Nurse.

It seemed to me the example Meat referred to was not religious or politically intended. Perhaps a thought of a news story that came to mind as an example of THIS is what people are spending TIME on...losing focus on the HUGE problems the world and our country are facing every day.

Hence, the world has gone to "Hell in a Handbasket".

Coming into an artist's FAN site, twisting his statements, insulting his latest and brilliant album makes you a contributing person to the TITLE of the album ITSELF. Who does that? WHY? What purpose does it serve?

The screen name you chose is INDEED appropriate.

For what it's worth Meat...HIAHB has changed MY LIFE, my views, "the truth has set ME free"...and I felt as though Another Day was written FOR me. I do remember when my life was "simple".

I am trying harder to be the person God wants me to be, to enjoy each day as I open my eyes, to cherish every moment I spend with my children, to stop and smell the roses, enjoy LIFE...because you "cannot turn back the hands of time"...unfortunately...sad but TRUE.

"Give up or give it everything inside"...I'm giving it EVERYTHING inside.

I intend to THANK Meat, when I see him in July... for some extremely powerful lyrics, incredible music and an amazing album that truly has turned MY life around 180 degrees for the BETTER. I tried to do it in a PM, unfortunately it was never read.

Does being "Evil" feel good???

Being kind and compassionate feels EVEN BETTER! You should try it sometime.

Please stick around Meat!

Kar
kkzag is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.

Page generated in 0.05283 seconds with 14 queries.