View Single Post
Old 08 Nov 2017, 13:00   #6
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick View Post
I remember the days that kind of info was only privy to the lucky forum members, but now the common Facebook folk get first dibs. Where's our preferential treatment dammit!? Lol.

...I jest
Those days are clearly over.

[Rant time]
Forums used to be the best way to communicate about things but now Facebook and Twitter have clearly taken over.
I preferred forums. I visited this place a lot and then there are one or two music making forums I frequent. And I still go back to some of those but I clearly am talking amongst an older generation, usually on average older than me. Picking their brains on how to entertain myself with music or how to entertain others etc. You can still find forums about lots of things but the userbase are definitely dwindling.

I feel social media however is a different matter. People clearly are trying to voice their opinions mostly on tons of different matters and most of that actually seems a waste of time. It's a bit like the old saying "Jack of all trades, master of none." I reckon.

The amount of bullcrap people spout on Twitter especially is absolutely incredible. I've seen a multitude of profiles (celebs, so called "journalists" or just random people) with a history of 100K tweets. They see the likes / retweets number of tweets as a game score for sure. Many are in an echo chamber whilst not realising and when they step out of that echo chamber many fail to communicate on a normal level to the point it's all about how much you can insult or troll someone the most.
So that means their tweet count equates to in the region of 40 tweets AVERAGE per day. How does anyone get any work done with that amount of commenting on random matters? How can you have time to learn a new skill, learn to play an instrument, learn another language, enjoy nature, enjoy spending time with children, loved ones or pets?
When people close to me told me Twitter is no good, it took me a while to be convinced but I'm glad I left that s(h)ite. One of the best decisions I ever made. In that light Mlukfc never impacted my life to anywhere near the extent that Twitter did at times. I guess because here we (mostly) talk about the same subject it is simply not fruitful to be argumentative about everything...

Spending the time I was reading and writing tweets doing something more meaningful I think is a much more rewarding lifestyle than the Twitter addiction.
[/end random rant]

As for Meat doing a storytellers style show, I'd definitely go to see what it's about. That the old days are over I pretty much understood about a year ago.

Hope whatever he does he is happy. And I hope he doesn't get worked up about what people write on the internet about him or others or things. Life is simply too short for that.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.

Page generated in 0.02567 seconds with 14 queries.