View Single Post
Old 05 Aug 2018, 13:46   #135
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
Weird HOW this project is getting off the ground, IF it is getting off the ground at all, that is.
They have every intention of getting it off the ground. What has I think hurt them and sent out such confusing messages are the leaks .. mainly caused by one press article, based on someone described as "someone close to the band" and with a slack mouth, which was then taken up and embellished by other media. All has been further confounded by an understandable curiosity on the part of fans and their ferreting about, and a website that has perhaps less understandably so frequently added information but not kept it locked down in the development stage. Nor has the UK promoter helped imo by hopping into a couple of FB groups to comment, and making promises of dates for information to be released for a UK tour leg, and then nothing happens as he said. Nor is it helpful for odd listings to pop up on TM which conflict with what was suggested for the UK by this guy.

Add to this the perhaps predictable issues over deciding on a name that dealt with any legal/copyright points, and that Meat is to some extent still hors de combat as he recovers from massive surgery, and is still in considerable pain much of the time, while Paul is haring around managing what he's doing as an artist plus setting up and planning this new venture and trying to hold it all together .. I don't envy him one bit!

The recent announcement posted above shouldn't have been unlocked and available to public view (I think it's down now), nor should the changes in name, nor the information posted on the management agency. Paul is still working on fine tuning the wording of the announcement with Meat .. and I think Meat has needed some recovery time after his foray to London last week, and a pretty uncomfortable journey back to Austin.

But it IS happening .. it's just a shame that they haven't been able to get everything nailed down tight and then launched it with less confusion and a confident fanfare.

Last edited by CarylB; 05 Aug 2018 at 13:52.
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.

Page generated in 0.03291 seconds with 14 queries.