View Single Post
Old 31 Jul 2018, 09:54   #5
jmfreeman
Senior Loafer

I'm sure Caryl won't mind me riding her thread rather than start a new one for Comic Con. Forgive the rambling and disjointed post to follow, but I'm just going to type down some thoughts from the Sunady... Meat was in great form. He was a true professional - running to time on every event (apart from his talk, which started late because of the previous one over-running, but he remained on stage for as long as he was scheduled to, and then some!). During the photoshoots he was so gentle and caring, putting everyone at their ease - looking at them, speaking to them, shaking their hands and keeping hold of them for the duration. During my picture I changed hands with him after shaking in order to throw my arm around him for the picture, which he loved. The camera caught his laugh at that, and made a lovely picture. His signing sessions were popular, but again he made sure to connect with everyone. I also got to have a great talk with his wife Deborah, who I hadn't met before, but got along really well with. She certainly seems a good one, and Meat didn't hesitate in singing her praises. As for his talk - it had all the passion and energy of any of his shows. His stories were wonderful, long and rambling (in the way that we know and love) but he always came back to the point... eventually! It was here that you could see the flame is well and truly still alive in him. By the end he was on his feet, punching the air, throwing his love and thanks to us all, and you could tell the man missed being on stage. It was pretty emotional, and he was in tears by the end as he told us how much we meant to him and how much we had given to him over the years. He also mentioned the '100 Moments' book, and said he's at work on that. let's hope so. It'd be great to see that. During the talk he also sang at a few points, and from those brief moments his voice certainly seemed to be in good shape. He's down to 188lbs, and though he clearly has a lot of difficulty moving about, he looks (and sounds) better than he has done in the past couple of years. I can't think there was anyone he didn't win over. He did himself proud at the event, and it was fantastic to spend some time with him. Let's hope we get chance to again before long. Thanks, Meat!
jmfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
8 Users Like This Post.

Page generated in 0.02660 seconds with 13 queries.