View Single Post
Old 22 Jun 2018, 10:54   #33
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adje View Post
To me it's too much like watching Picasso, watching some painter, using Picasso's tools to paint one of Picasso's paintings...

You can use the master's tools, you can copy the master's paintings, but it will never be a real Picasso

In other words, a waste of time and money.
It's a tricky one. I can see this from both points of view.

It's a bit like Queen, well just Brian May and Roger Taylor now, who continued on with the name with different singers.
I had a ticket to go to one of the Wembley shows some years back but actually didn't go in the end as towards the concert date I was quite "meh" about it.

A large part of me wishes Brian May had continued on his own. I saw him live 20 years ago and he was excellent on his own with his own songs, own band and some Queen stuff thrown in. He disappeared for a while and then pretty much only has done stuff for the continued Queen saga and some badger culling awareness malarky from what I've seen. Pretty much never consistently trying to be his own artist which I think he was and could have been/stayed. Even some of Roger Taylor post 1991 solo stuff was decent I thought. Terrible singer but still decent music. I also always think the singing doesn't necessarily matter too much as long as you bring something original and from your own soul. Like Dire Straits or Bob Dylan, again terrible singers mostly but they draw/drew crowds of worshippers because they consistently churned out great music and songs.

But I get there is a demand to continue in the same spirit with Queen or Meat Loaf for that matter, even if that spirit is never going to be the real genuine thing.

No idea if this is a good idea or whether they should just let sleeping dogs lie or what.

AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.02973 seconds with 13 queries.