View Single Post
Old 05 Jul 2016, 00:08   #123
Danny L
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by proctorloaf View Post
calm down Danny. This is a soft launch. Manchester is like an off broadway try out where they'll test the show and make sure that all is good. Then the major press will happen in London.

The press is just to say that tickets are on sale. ATG (who run the Opera House in Manchester) are the biggest theatre company in Europe. They aren't going to let the show down with publicity. Although they might be a bit too commercial for Steinman. Time will tell.
We shall see and yes I went ott. It will be interesting to go to Mancs then go to another performance/watch/hear recordings and see what if anything has changed; nevertheless it is exciting to see the very beginning of the journey - the great thing about musicals is if they're succesful they become 'legacy pieces - Queen's music will be performed over and over around the world probably forever as part of We Will Rock You, for example. It was WWRY which made me go buy Queen CDs!

That happens a lot on Broadway - Spamalot had a couple of months in Chicago and Disney have opened shows in Seattle. Things change - Spamalot had a sequence and lovely little song (by Eric Idle's standards anyway!!) 'We have found a witch, may we burn her?' 'She turned me into a newt... I got better' etc (if you know the film). but they decided it was inappropiate to burn a young woman as a witch on stage every night. Apparantly. So if a similar thing happens with BAT Manchester audiences may get to see 'deleted scenes!!'
Danny L is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.

Page generated in 0.05244 seconds with 14 queries.