View Single Post
Old 14 Jun 2015, 00:34   #6214
PanicLord
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanicLord View Post
Talk about sweeping generalisations! There have been some superb films out at the cinemas over the last few years.

I do agree that well rounded characters with intelligent plot lines and solid acting help any film. It was much dumber than I believed possible.

I do however think the team genuinely wanted to make a good follow up film.

Having said that I don't think any of that will affect my enjoyment of this film. I'm expecting the big dumb corporation to make some stupid decisions that lead to Dino chaos. If it delivers that and is tons of fun that's 4 stars in my book. If it is surprisingly well scripted and acted that gets the full 5 :)
Okay so having seen it I agree with your rating and would give it a 3 out of 5. It's better than JP3 and was fun in a very dumb kind of way.

I think what disappointed me the most was the lack of intelligence applied to the script. Given that they've had 13 or so years since the last one I really thought they would have had the time to create something more intelligent. It was so much dumber than I allowed for.

And unfortunately as you say each character has such a disposable and generic back story and character arc that you don't really care about them.

I can't list my specific issues without spoiling it for people.

So just sit back, marvel at the amazing park and animals, and enjoy the ride and the carnage. Then watch the original to see how it should be done.
PanicLord is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.

Page generated in 0.02599 seconds with 14 queries.