View Single Post
Old 24 Aug 2013, 01:14   #59
mickp
Loafer

As far as I see it, the NLE is a key part of the Meat Loaf experience and always has been, but I've seen lots of different faces over the years and recognise people move on for lots of reasons. I could go on saying bring back Paul Jacobs and Steve Buslowe etc as they are particular personal favourites from my earlier concert memories, but recognise things have to move on. Some replacements have been better than others but in general the quality is always pretty good. There may have been an eye on the upcoming Vegas shows for the two singers replacing Patti, Lyssa has an established background there, but I think they both look great and from what I have seen (dodgy bootlegs) they did a fine job at Newmarket. I like Wario's Goffs 2.0 analogy if only because i see it as a different direction. As far as the dodgy videos of Newmarket, I thought Meat did a great show on those occasions and thats how I've always viewed it - a show not a note perfect recital of the album. I even liked the 81/82 shows - it was rock and roll after all. As far as 'bootlegs' - iphone concert clips are a fact of life now, artist just have to get use to it The things that interest me are the stuff from earlier years where Meat released little live video. 1978 rockpalast was a start. I'd like to see a remaster and complete 82 wembley show and the 85 bad attitude one then some sort of compilation DVD (like Ramones live 74-96) raiding Meat's vault of pro shot concerts - the 1988 lost boys tour being top of my list. That would keep the bootleggers quiet.
mickp is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.

Page generated in 0.04295 seconds with 13 queries.