View Single Post
Old 09 May 2013, 08:51   #18
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie in the rv mirror View Post

To say you think they don't sound alike is one thing (for the record, I don't think they do that much, either), but to use terms such as "so inferior" and "degrading" is another. Apparently, Jim was so underwhelmed by the "tinny" sound that he got the same recording engineer.

The reason "Took the Words" sounds Bruce-ish is because it sounds "Spector-ish".

And "Prize Fight Lover" sounds like "My Lucky Day", a song off an album which many Springsteen fans consider to be his worst ever, so there you go.

Oh, I did step away- I went for a nice long car ride with Bruce blasting. I feel much better now.

And I did get angry- he "dismissed" the most important album of Bruce's career, his masterpiece, which he slaved over for over a year. An album that means a lot to me personally.

I don't think you are, either.

You've said on other occasions that you like Springsteen at least a little, and now suddenly you don't? Seems odd to me.

I better stop now before I get worked up again.
Ya my opinion of Bruce has changed a lot since then.

Wrecking ball is decent and I do like that record so I guess that's what u were referring to. But BTR not so much aha
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04188 seconds with 14 queries.