View Single Post
Old 09 Apr 2012, 03:38   #52
allrevvedup
"Most things that i worry about, never happen anyway"

This'll be the last thing I do before going to sleep while listening to the guide tracks for my new album(yeah, yeah, I know the obvious joke is my music makes people unconcious!)

Anyway I've read through this thread and to more specific read through Monstro's post and some nerves were hit.

I've been here for basically 9 years and I can safely say that it really took me three years to start properly posting here (It's all Zina's fault!)

I remember the chat room, getting to know people that i'm close, and in some cases incredibly close, to today. I also remember the fact that it took me 4 years to finally meet up with you mad lot only to pick a show that was cancelled !

When it comes to posting, i hope that i'm considered to be reasonably level headed. I believe R, Andy and the rest of the mods think so or I wouldn't have been asked to moderate in the first place.

With that moderation comes the really tough task, staying somewhere in the middle. I understand how frustrating it is when you read some posts you disagree because believe me us mods are no different.

We all have differing opinions and we all have ways of expressing them. I'll get just as frustrated at someone who borders on, or actually reaches, the level of insulting posts as well as posts that are so sugar coated that it'd stop a diabetic in their tracks.

So from those that want to make themselves known by bucking the trend and going out of their way to say an average performance was the worst thing to have ever been produced to those that take that same average performance was the best thing since sliced bread, it can be hard to digest.

I don't want there to be 'camps' as such, I'd rather have respect for opinion because, as much of a shock as it might be, performances, albums, singles, dvds etc are not always going to be at the highest level. That doesn't mean that it has to be anyone's fault, it's just life. You try and make the next day better than this one.

I suppose what i'm searching for is some common ground. Sometimes you say something is brilliant and sometimes it's crap. Mouse has said that some people post not thinking that members of the NLE or Meat himself will read it, but the way i'd look at it is that what you post will be seen by people be it fans or the artist themselves. So be true to yourself in your posts, but be respectful as there is nothing worse than being stomped on. I include artists and fans in that last statement.

I've seen other forums where worthy opinions were attacked because they weren't 100% in praise of the artist and it felt like vultures were circling. I don't want to have to moderate in a place like that.

When you read a post and are considering a reply, mentally take a step back, re-read it and see if you still feel the same way.

i bid you all a goodnight...
allrevvedup is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04572 seconds with 13 queries.