View Single Post
Old 12 Oct 2011, 13:00   #10
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moderngirl64 View Post
Guys, its a talent show the guy did his best, why critiscise him? Arent we all upset with what critiscism has done to Meat over the past few weeks. ?

Can't we learn tolerance and at least that everyone is human and has feelings?
Apparently not. And I agree with you. I don't like or watch X-Factor, but this lad doesn't strike me as being better or worse than most, and he wasn't trying to copy Meat, or give a ML inspired interpretation. He simply sang a song that was written by Jim Steinman. I guess some might be offended at a pop interpretation of a Steinman song, but as far as I'm aware these kids have limited input into the songs chosen and how they're to be performed.

He didn't attempt to perform a "track" .. he performed a song composed by Steinman. It wasn't great .. but it wasn't the worst thing ever done to Steinman in history. I shudder much more at really bad Meat tributes .. lol And I always think when someone sings a song Meat's recorded .. it may remind someone to dig out their CD and listen to it performed by a master :)

Oh, and welcome :) I had a moment's concern when I read the post you're referring to, then checked again and saw exactly what you'd posted and understood your intentions :)

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04490 seconds with 14 queries.