View Single Post
Old 20 Jan 2011, 13:26   #146
allrevvedup
"Most things that i worry about, never happen anyway"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
Shine A Light also features Buddy Guy, Jack White is a musician who apparently is influenced by "old" music (see the documentary It Might Get Loud) and I doubt that a duet with Christina Aguilera during a live show really makes a big difference with regard to album sales. I don't think that the Stones depend on younger artists to "remain hip". They might not be as popular and influential as they were in the 1960s and 1970s but they've never had problems to attract an audience, people come to their shows in spite of high ticket prices and I think at this point in time they don't have to bother about being "hip". Meat's duet with Marion Raven appeared more as a deperate attempt to gain attention to me (regardless of who was responsible for that) than Mick Jagger singing with Christina Aguilera.

I still think it comes down to getting new money. I mean the reissues, the remixes of Sympathy for the devil etc (which i thought was horrible by the way) is their way of trying to stay in the minds of younger audiences. Not saying it's a bad thing at all (again apart from those remixes!) but it just shows you what a group like the stones have to do. I suppose the beatles and itunes is further proof of that.

Quote:
I rather listen to songs like Rag Doll than to I Don't Want To Miss A Thing and the like. (Isn't that a Diane Warren song, by the way? )
and yet I don't want to miss a thing was their biggest single in their entire 40 year career. Believe me I'd rather listen to Honkin on bobo or their early blues rock albums but they know what sells.

Quote:
I hope that won't happen to Meat. I'd rather see him in another great movie like Fight Club or a mean little flick like Pelts than on Celebrity Apprentice. A world in which artists gain recognition rather via such TV shows than because of their actual talents is a sad one, in my opinion.
Tis all about the money, Sarge. I'm not sure if artistic integrity is in existence as much anymore.
allrevvedup is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.02499 seconds with 14 queries.