View Single Post
Old 15 Jan 2011, 17:27   #5570
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil One View Post
Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom. I realise it wasn't a particularly good film when it first came out, but it has aged poorly compared to Raiders Of The Lost Ark. This is the first time I've watched it in HD and the special effects are bad. Even the mine cart chase isn't as good as I remember it. I know it got hacked to pieces in this country to get a PG certificate, but even so it is a disjointed mess. The worse part though has to be Mrs Spielberg. All she does is scream through out, although given all that happens to her character perhaps that is understandable. In all a
Yeah Spielberg recognised quickly what he had done with her character was all wrong in Indiana. The Laura Dern character in Jurassic Park was his response to that he said in an interview. The good thing about the quality of the visual effects in JP and other such nineties films is I doubt the movies will as a result age less quickly as for example the original Indiana trilogy seems to have. Some bits still look good but there are indeed some horrendous scenes, ie the mine cart as you say and also the blimp scene in Indy 3 looks awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil One View Post
Next up on my list of shitty films: Die Another Day.
Lol. Didn't think it was bad. I prefer that one instead of the new James Bond shit.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04324 seconds with 13 queries.