View Single Post
Old 12 Sep 2010, 19:36   #69
Steve6
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
I'm getting the impression Jim is being "pushed" MUCH more now then he was in those days
The Steincamp have him locked in his mansion these days. They won't let him blog anymore, they won't let him share any info on what he's doing, they didn't want him to share his music even though HE wanted to. They didn't tell the fans when he was sick. He was bullied out of his own musical DOTV and god knows what else that we don't know about. Jim has ALWAYS been pushed around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
I also don't hear the lack of perfection that you are on about. I think the BFG production is superb and only lacked Meat on vocals but it was interesting hearing some Steinman vocals too, I don't think he is such a terrible singer as many here seem to think. Dance in my pants was too childish imo and Stark Raving love was about nothing really, but at least we got a great guitar duel. Other than that it's a great collection of songs and the production on Left in the Dark / Surf's Up and Bad for Good is pretty much perfect I'd say, though the Brian May intro on Meat's version on BFG was a lovely touch. Rory singing on most of the difficult songs ("Surf's Up" in G!!!) is a bit of a farce though. Can't believe they got away with doing that.
Theres no perfection on BFG. Listen to BOOH which was made with little money then listen to BFG which I'm sure had more money, and which do you think is better in terms of quality and production? BFG sounds like it was recorded in a garage with thrash cans for drums. Well you are at it listen to the Original Sin album by Pandoras Box. That's Steinman perfection. BFG lacked everything that you'd associate with Jim's production work. Having Rory doing some of the vocals shows you are unsure about things to... which is something you wouldn't associate with a Steinman production.

Page generated in 0.03752 seconds with 14 queries.