mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lost Boys and Golden Girls (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Patti Russo's new #1 single (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19832)

Smithie 09 Sep 2015 19:20

Patti Russo's new #1 single

Congratulations to Patti for debuting at #1 on the charts in Belgium with her new single "When It Comes to Love". Great dance song!

http://www.ultratop.be/nl/ultratip

AndrewG 09 Sep 2015 20:04

Was wondering when someone / if someone would mention the song on here.
I believe that is not the actual current singles chart but a list of singles which will be a hit soon (a list of single tips based on airplay). It is possible it will shoot to number 1 in the singles chart however.

The guy she teamed up with is from Milk inc. fame I believe.

The video is here:
YouTube Video

You can listen to a live-ish version and see Patti sing it here:
YouTube Video

Not too sure what to make of it. Her vocals are great as I would expect and she sings the song with a lot of conviction. But to me the song isn't the best of that type of thing (dance/trance whatever the category is these days). Compare for example something like "We could be Heroes" from Alesso or "Take me Home" from Cash Cash.
Certainly a totally different direction and most likely one of the few directions she could go into that would actually allow you to chart! I definitely think this is a better option than most of the depressing ballads she had been doing in the last few years.
Still I think there is room to update her more recent fun fast paced songs she did on the tour last year and make them sound current rather going into the total DJ route which I think would be a bit limited with regards to creativity and song opportunities.

Good luck to her regardless and hopefully it will be number 1 as it would give her some exposure in Belgium and beyond.

I'd be interested to hear what her fans on here think about it.

evil nickname 09 Sep 2015 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 610705)
I believe that is not the actual current singles chart but a list of singles which will be a hit soon (a list of single tips based on airplay).

Correct: the Ultratip is a list that that factors in sales and airplay, while the Ultratop list is based on sales alone. (Wikipedia)

The track is currently ranked 31st in the airplay charts.

I thought I read somewhere that Patti will be performing the track at Regi's show in Antwerp on October 30th, but I can't find a confirmation of that at the moment.

By the way: I quite like the track.

Wario 09 Sep 2015 22:42

I actually really like the song but.... Come on put patti in her own debut video! She's just as beautiful than that blonde!

Monstro 10 Sep 2015 23:35

Didn't make it through the official video, really found the track quite repetitive/boring. Made it through the second video, Patti's performance brought something else to it if you know what I mean. If I'm honest it's not a track I'd buy, really not my taste so suppose because it's not my music genre I couldn't say if it's any good or not.

Wario 11 Sep 2015 00:10

Make a rock mix of bible and a beer and release it that's hit material

Adje 11 Sep 2015 00:36

I Love Patti. She has always made a difference at any Meat Loaf concert I visited.

But this track... Bleh.

Elijah's way 11 Sep 2015 00:44

Sounds to me like a Cher reject. Sorry.

Guy 12 Sep 2015 00:08

Maybe she is 'exploring new avenues'
Still a talented lady. Good on you Patti.

anotherday 12 Sep 2015 00:31

The song itself is just okay I M O but Patti can still sing wonderfully.

stretch37 12 Sep 2015 00:37

She does it live perfectly. She is such a professional. Good song I hope gets played at clubs and stuff, but I hope she gets some better material that is a little more mainstream. The song does a good job of showcasing her voice though on the plus side

Breeze 13 Sep 2015 02:57

Thanks for putting the video up.
That is a GREAT song and the video is excellent.
I almost hear a 007 Bond movie . It's that good.

Guy 27 Oct 2015 18:19

Maybe this will make up part of her upcoming shows.

florence75015 15 Nov 2015 00:21

Thanks for sharing these videos, I didn't know that Patti had released a new single. The song makes me think of Cher by moments...

Smithie 03 Dec 2015 18:53

I really like this Bond version of the song. Is anyone going to see Patti on tour this December?

YouTube Video

emma811981 04 Dec 2015 00:17

Yep seeing her in buxton cant wait 😊

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Fire Ball 25 Mar 2016 06:01

I really hope she does well , I do love her very much . M

greg 25 Mar 2016 11:38

patti was great on her last tour in the uk meat

anotherday 25 Mar 2016 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Ball (Post 612531)
I really hope she does well , I do love her very much . M

We LOVE her too, Meat. Miss her and you together but you KNOW what they say about "all good things..."

Fire Ball 11 Jun 2016 07:16

I wish Patti nothing but the best I hope she does have a #1 hit she has worked very hard for the moment !! , But Cian is amazing !! Is learning every show . I had no plans to come back to the UK , but thousands of people have written on Face book , Please come back !! So I gave in and Yes !! M

BATOUTOFHEAVEN 17 Jun 2016 03:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Ball (Post 613188)
I wish Patti nothing but the best I hope she does have a #1 hit she has worked very hard for the moment !! , But Cian is amazing !! Is learning every show . I had no plans to come back to the UK , but thousands of people have written on Face book , Please come back !! So I gave in and Yes !! M

I can't thank you enough for coming back to the UK, I can't speak for everyone but from me it's massively appreciated. Your music has helped me through so much and I've always wanted to see you live.

A relative was supposed to be taking me to one of your tour dates on the Hang Cool tour but it was a false promise unfortunately and I remember being so sad as I believed it was my last chance to see you. I was only 15 then so I had no way of getting to a show on my own.

I definitely won't be missing out on a ticket this time and I absolutely can't wait, it will be a dream come true for me and a night I will never forget.

Thank you for making a lifelong fan very happy and I can't wait for the new album! :D

Jake

LisaT 20 Jun 2016 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 610725)
Didn't make it through the official video, really found the track quite repetitive/boring. Made it through the second video, Patti's performance brought something else to it if you know what I mean. If I'm honest it's not a track I'd buy, really not my taste so suppose because it's not my music genre I couldn't say if it's any good or not.

Not for me either, I'm afraid.