mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lost Boys and Golden Girls (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Game show w/ Meat, Patti, & Pearl (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12308)

Steingirl 11 Sep 2008 18:11

Game show w/ Meat, Patti, & Pearl

My cousin in California was recently at a taping of a game show called "Don't Forget the Lyrics" and she was so shocked that the contestant on the show was... Meat Loaf and he brought Patti and Pearl along with him. This is a show in which contestants are given different catagories of music to choose from and then they must sing the exact lyrics to the chosen song. They can bring along 2 friends to help them (Patti and Pearl). Regular contestants get to keep their earnings, but the musicians who compete on the show always play for charity. The show airs in the U.S. on Friday nights, but she doesn't know the exact date that Meat's episode will air.

LucyK! 11 Sep 2008 18:13

This sounds really good, Patti and Pearl have mentioned it in blogs but their contracts apparently stop them saying when it'll be aired, so you guys over there will have to keep your eyes peeled!

~Helen~ 11 Sep 2008 18:23

wow! would love to see that!

djfierce 11 Sep 2008 20:04

Their contracts dont stop them saying, they both say they wont know till nearer the time when exactly it will be aired. Sounds good fun though, we get the regular show on sky one so hopefully we will get the celeb edition too.

Siobhan 11 Sep 2008 20:06

Is it Sky 1 you get it on? - I haven't watched it before

Monstro 11 Sep 2008 20:36

Sky are already showing the American version, we'll just have to keep our eyes peeled for this one

djfierce 11 Sep 2008 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOC2292 (Post 437005)
Is it Sky 1 you get it on? - I haven't watched it before

Cant say i'm crazy about the show so i dont watch it but yeah its sky 1, as m says the US version is being shown right now, just got an idea that it may be shown at the end of the series maybe as thats when they usually show celeb versions right?? Or xmas?? We're not THAT far away now ;)

Wario 11 Sep 2008 20:58

Since Meat was on Don't Forget The Lyrics i sincerely pray that Blind as a Bat wasn't one of the songs......

cause I want meat to win :D

mszee 11 Sep 2008 21:15

Apparently, you can watch full episodes of this show online...didn't find anything about Meat and I don't really watch the show...

http://www.fox.com/dontforget/

allrevvedup 11 Sep 2008 21:15

i think it'd be better if it wasn't any of his songs...just some good old style rhythm and blues and rock standards

djfierce 11 Sep 2008 22:28

i doubt it would be any of his songs, that would just be stupid.

Wario 11 Sep 2008 22:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by djfierce (Post 437022)
i doubt it would be any of his songs, that would just be stupid.

Unless its Blind as a Bat

djfierce 11 Sep 2008 23:05

I have no idea what you're on about but i'm sure someone somewhere does :roll:

Battybarb 11 Sep 2008 23:06

Sounds like it could be good to see

Wario 11 Sep 2008 23:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by djfierce (Post 437024)
I have no idea what you're on about but i'm sure someone somewhere does :roll:

dang my jokes go nowhere fast........

Okay my explanation:

I don't think Meast ever 100% got the BAAB lyrics correct at any gig. There's always a top-of-the-head verse (like on 3 Bats Live) from the stuff I've seen and heard.\

Get it? it's not funny anymore cause i had to explain it..... lol

I'm a looser :kickass:

djfierce 11 Sep 2008 23:27

actually its not funny cos you're wrong ;) he has had the words (maybe not the tune always lol) right at every gig i've seen him at after RAH.
You sure you dont mean Bad for good, cos i'll give you that ;)

Not sure you can comment anyway if you havent seen any or all of his gigs anyway :p

Wario 11 Sep 2008 23:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by djfierce (Post 437030)
actually its not funny cos you're wrong ;) he has had the words (maybe not the tune always lol) right at every gig i've seen him at after RAH.
You sure you dont mean Bad for good, cos i'll give you that ;)

Not sure you can comment anyway if you havent seen any or all of his gigs anyway :p

True, I have seen every gig in PA since '05 though.

Oh well, any-way gonna check this out. Must be full of funny moments

meatloaf-unofficial 12 Sep 2008 00:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 437006)
Sky are already showing the American version, we'll just have to keep our eyes peeled for this one

thats great.... i'll have to start watchin it. Didn't they have a UK one not so long ago with shane richie presenting it??

mszee 12 Sep 2008 00:40

Like I said...apparently you can watch full episodes online if you don't have that channel...

djfierce 12 Sep 2008 00:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by meatloaf-unofficial (Post 437046)
thats great.... i'll have to start watchin it. Didn't they have a UK one not so long ago with shane richie presenting it??

yep, the US version started straight after uk one ended i think, i remember groaning when i saw it was continuing lol i'm not really a fan of it but i bet Meat will liven it up ;)

djfierce 12 Sep 2008 00:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 437047)
Like I said...apparently you can watch full episodes online if you don't have that channel...

Thanks Zina, it's nice to know its there if we miss the airing too, i wouldve thought it would get shown in the U.S before it hits our sky boxes anyway.

djfierce 12 Sep 2008 00:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarioLoaf (Post 437039)
True, I have seen every gig in PA since '05 though.

right lol

mszee 12 Sep 2008 00:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by djfierce (Post 437050)
Thanks Zina, it's nice to know its there if we miss the airing too, i wouldve thought it would get shown in the U.S before it hits our sky boxes anyway.

I tried to find out anything...nothing...usually FOX is way too happy to promote any kind of celebrity that will venture their way...I would have thought it would be all over the place...but I've posted the link up there to the web page (that's where it actually says that you can watch the entire show online)...I've looked up and down that page and it doesn't even say when (which day of the week) they are airing that show??? LOL....

I saw it once and that was enough...depending on day I can be on a look out for it...but I don't know which day...:lol:

mszee 12 Sep 2008 01:02

Alright...after many trials and tribulations I finally found on another website that in the States it's on Friday at 9 pm...so yeah, I can do that from time to time - not always home on Friday nights...

MeatGrl1 12 Sep 2008 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by meatloaf-unofficial (Post 437046)

Yep and was annoyed because I really like him and I can't get sky :bicker: !!!!!!!!!!!!!