mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Messages (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Bat Out Of Hell The Musical (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19973)

PanicLord 15 Jun 2016 20:03

Bat Out Of Hell The Musical

http://media.mlxxfc.net/FB_IMG_1465881625643.jpg

This is going to be an amazing year for Steinman and Meat fans 😀

rockfenris2005 15 Jun 2016 20:10

Heaven knows we've waited patiently enough.

Danny L 15 Jun 2016 20:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanicLord (Post 613340)
http://media.mlxxfc.net/FB_IMG_1465881625643.jpg

This is going to be an amazing year for Steinman and Meat fans ��

Sounds like a Christmas opening with a world tour (inc West End stop)?!

timedd well to coincide with the launch of the album which surely can't hurt for a bit of cross-promotion

PanicLord 15 Jun 2016 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockfenris2005 (Post 613344)
Heaven knows we've waited patiently enough.

Pah. Heaven can wait.

PanicLord 15 Jun 2016 20:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny L (Post 613345)
Sounds like a Christmas opening with a world tour (inc West End stop)?!

Yeah West End. Wanna book now!

Danny L 15 Jun 2016 20:32

Me too!!!! By hook or by crook I WILL BE THERE.

Or I will cry.

ThatWriterGuy 15 Jun 2016 22:31

Some of the arrangements - the one's I've heard, at least - are sounding INCREDIBLE. Like NOTHING you've heard before (not literally, obviously, otherwise that'd be a whole OTHER musical).

PanicLord 15 Jun 2016 22:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatWriterGuy (Post 613366)
Some of the arrangements - the one's I've heard, at least - are sounding INCREDIBLE. Like NOTHING you've heard before (not literally, obviously, otherwise that'd be a whole OTHER musical).

How exciting... how have you heard some?

Danny L 15 Jun 2016 22:36

The musical show has the potential to become Meat & Jim's legacy through ongoing productions, local theatre shows etc (weatered down from the million dollar premiere of course!!)

ThatWriterGuy 15 Jun 2016 22:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanicLord (Post 613368)
How exciting... how have you heard some?

Well, as some of you know, I've been in the extremely fortunate position to have worked on several aspects of the musical with Jim. I've been doing it - on the basis of 'whenever Jim asks me to' - for almost two years now.

nikox1 15 Jun 2016 22:47

It's long overdue, great news!!

Danny L 15 Jun 2016 23:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatWriterGuy (Post 613370)
Well, as some of you know, I've been in the extremely fortunate position to have worked on several aspects of the musical with Jim. I've been doing it - on the basis of 'whenever Jim asks me to' - for almost two years now.

There's so much I could ask you but your lips are probably sealed!!

ThatWriterGuy 15 Jun 2016 23:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny L (Post 613375)
There's so much I could ask you but your lips are probably sealed!!

You're damn right :!:

I'll speak a bit more about my involvement closer to the time, subject to Jim's approval. I'll leave you with this: BAT OUT OF HELL is NOT going to be 'just a typical musical'. It ISN'T We Will Rock You, that's for sure. It's both GENRE and FORMAT breaking. The script is tight, and they're doing things that have never been done in musical theater before. And beyond that -- you'll have to wait and see.

nikox1 15 Jun 2016 23:50

Well I hope yourself and everybody involved the best of luck

Danny L 15 Jun 2016 23:52

People will think BOOH is a jukebox musical when it's not - these songs were all written for this story from the word go.

I'm not sure if that will do damage or work to the show's advantage?

nikox1 15 Jun 2016 23:59

The musical will be a success or a flop.
I don't see any middle grouned with this.
And I'm sure all involved feel the same, people will either get it or they won't. I guess just like the album all those years ago hey?? Lol,
Fingers crossed

Danny L 16 Jun 2016 00:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatWriterGuy (Post 613376)
You're damn right :!:

I'll speak a bit more about my involvement closer to the time, subject to Jim's approval. I'll leave you with this: BAT OUT OF HELL is NOT going to be 'just a typical musical'. It ISN'T We Will Rock You, that's for sure. It's both GENRE and FORMAT breaking. The script is tight, and they're doing things that have never been done in musical theater before. And beyond that -- you'll have to wait and see.

I can't wait to see which songs make it and how they make up the story!

ThatWriterGuy 16 Jun 2016 10:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny L (Post 613391)
I can't wait to see which songs make it and how they make up the story!

Well, I can exclusively reveal that 'Bat Out of Hell' is 'in' ;)

rockfenris2005 16 Jun 2016 11:41

It will in some form be Jim's Neverland project, which he's been developing since like 1974 or something, and even before that when it was "The Dream Engine", some of which will be heard in some form on Meat's new album. Jim thinks that Peter Pan is the ultimate basis for a rock and roll musical and for many years it's been in the worx either as a film or a theatre piece. I just hope he and everyone's OK with it though. It seems to be my thought at this point that people will want a "Bat" show and it'll get the interest either way, because hello "Bat out of Hell: The Musical" on the West End. I have always thought done right it was the big blockbuster musical that never was, on the basis of the first two albums, with a few other new songs from Bat 3 & What would be THE FINAL FLIGHT or Conclusions & Climaxes as it's been called. "THE FINAL FLIGHT" I think was a way of making "FINAL AT BAT" sound more formal?

I'm babbling on here, I'm sorry....... But I do believe that "Neverland", I'm sorry BOOH haha, will in SOME form be the realization of that concept. Now whether or not I personally am blown away by it, remains to be seen, but I would hope so, that I would at least be happy with it.

With Jim and that style of music, there's a lot of passion. And I think the REAL and WORST kind of failure with Jim is feeling INDIFFERENT.

Danny L 16 Jun 2016 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockfenris2005 (Post 613459)
It will in some form be Jim's Neverland project, which he's been developing since like 1974 or something, and even before that when it was "The Dream Engine", some of which will be heard in some form on Meat's new album. Jim thinks that Peter Pan is the ultimate basis for a rock and roll musical and for many years it's been in the worx either as a film or a theatre piece. I just hope he and everyone's OK with it though. It seems to be my thought at this point that people will want a "Bat" show and it'll get the interest either way, because hello "Bat out of Hell: The Musical" on the West End. I have always thought done right it was the big blockbuster musical that never was, on the basis of the first two albums, with a few other new songs from Bat 3 & What would be THE FINAL FLIGHT or Conclusions & Climaxes as it's been called. "THE FINAL FLIGHT" I think was a way of making "FINAL AT BAT" sound more formal?

I'm babbling on here, I'm sorry....... But I do believe that "Neverland", I'm sorry BOOH haha, will in SOME form be the realization of that concept. Now whether or not I personally am blown away by it, remains to be seen, but I would hope so, that I would at least be happy with it.

With Jim and that style of music, there's a lot of passion. And I think the REAL and WORST kind of failure with Jim is feeling INDIFFERENT.

I truly hope to G*d this is a great success. I had assumed BTWA would have included the songs planned for BAT OUT OF HELL III: THE FINAL AT BAT or whatever it would have been called (What Part of My Body, Still The Children, Paradise Found etc) but it seems the team have taken a very different creative route. Not that I'm complaining as I know the album is still a revisitation into the extraordinary world.

No doubt BOOH:TM will have a soundtrack album at least, if not a concept album with the new songs on it. As much as I love Meat and the albums this show is the culmination of why they exist.

Bat Out of Hell is a strong enough brand to pull people in, it seems although the names have changed the 'Neverland' idea is still very much a part of it. Whixh is great considering this idea has been in the works for nearly half a century! (The Dream Engine was 1969 for Pete's sake!)

Also if it's opening late 2016 somewhere in the world have they left it a bit late to officially announce opening or is this normal? There's 6 months...

ThatWriterGuy 16 Jun 2016 13:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockfenris2005 (Post 613459)
It will in some form be Jim's Neverland project

Correct!

Well, kinda...

Danny L 16 Jun 2016 13:37

Tease... this is going to be different.

Is it just songs from the BAT albums or are new songs like What Part of My Body/Still THe Children in there?

Wario 16 Jun 2016 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny L (Post 613474)
Tease... this is going to be different.

Is it just songs from the BAT albums or are new songs like What Part of My Body/Still THe Children in there?

BODY better be in it

It's cause if this that its not on BTWA

Danny L 16 Jun 2016 14:00

I wonder if they're using Jim's script or 'the other one' (hopefully the former)

ThatWriterGuy 16 Jun 2016 14:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny L (Post 613474)

You'll have to wait and see ... (but you won't be disappointed).

ThatWriterGuy 16 Jun 2016 14:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny L (Post 613476)
I wonder if they're using Jim's script or 'the other one' (hopefully the former)

Neither of these statements are 'quite' correct. But that's all I can give up at the minute.

Wario 16 Jun 2016 14:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatWriterGuy (Post 613480)
Neither of these statements are 'quite' correct. But that's all I can give up at the minute.

I seriously doubt you know anything.

Jim is already being helped by a very good guy named The Doode.

Unless I'm missing something

ThatWriterGuy 16 Jun 2016 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wario (Post 613490)
I seriously doubt you know anything.

Jim is already being helped by a very good guy named The Doode.

Unless I'm missing something

:lol: how do I reply to this, exactly? Anyone? Anyone at all?
Sorry, but that REALLY did make me giggle, so points for that one, Chris.

The Doode/ThatWriterGuy/Whatever

Wario 16 Jun 2016 15:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatWriterGuy (Post 613492)
:lol: how do I reply to this, exactly? Anyone? Anyone at all?
Sorry, but that REALLY did make me giggle, so points for that one, Chris.

The Doode/ThatWriterGuy/Whatever

HOLY CRAP ITS YOU. Well I make everyone go crazy with my outlandish opinions.

Glad you experienced my brashness

Totally gonna happen again tbh

ThatWriterGuy 16 Jun 2016 15:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wario (Post 613494)

Glad you experienced my brashness

Totally gonna happen again tbh

Never a problem Chris - honestly, it really did give me a grin today.
P.S. I'm going to ask Jim if/what/when I can post some more details about what I've been doing only. I'll let you know if/as/when/etc.

CarylB 16 Jun 2016 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wario (Post 613494)

I guess if you lived on and operated from the same planet as the rest of us, we wouldn't get some of the bizarre polls and thread titles we do :lol: Not that this would necessarily be a bad thing of course dear .. ;):lol:

stretch37 16 Jun 2016 20:50

Well that was adorable

Wario 16 Jun 2016 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by stretch37 (Post 613531)
Well that was adorable

Sometimes I feel like a dumbass

stretch37 16 Jun 2016 23:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wario (Post 613536)
Sometimes I feel like a dumbass

That's ok, that makes two of us :P

Danny L 16 Jun 2016 23:39

I'm just so excited right now by this and Braver Than We Are!

Danny L 19 Jun 2016 21:14

From Rockman Record:

Quote:

Coool news direct from Jim (on FB):

'Next spring, my musical BOOH debuts at the ROYAL OPERA HOUSE, COVENT GARDEN IN LONDON, where it belongs, with Wagner, Verdi, and Puccini!! I'm very grateful for that!!!!!!!! SEE IT--IF WE DON'T F--- UP, YOU'LL LOVE IT!!!!!!
Good. I love Covent Garden it's my favourite area of London! Now where can we buy tickets?!

Wario 19 Jun 2016 21:45

Can someone screenshot the facebook post???

Wtf neither of the two pages have anything like this posted

And I am friends with both do not see any of this

anotherday 19 Jun 2016 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wario (Post 613976)
Can someone screenshot the facebook post??? Wtf neither of the two pages have anything like this posted And I am friends with both do not see any of this

it's in comments not a post

Wario 19 Jun 2016 21:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by anotherday (Post 613977)
it's in comments not a post

Ah I see

Gulenkov 19 Jun 2016 22:37

Could anyone please post a link to Jim's post? I still can't find it. Thanks a lot.

proctorloaf 20 Jun 2016 00:47

I've emailed the Royal Opera House. More info when I get it Ax

GenoJLaw 20 Jun 2016 01:24

Is there or will there be a Twitter/Facebook page directly for the BOOH Musical? So people can get updates.

Wario 20 Jun 2016 01:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenoJLaw (Post 613983)
Is there or will there be a Twitter/Facebook page directly for the BOOH Musical? So people can get updates.

Jim likes his personal Facebook just fine I think

eltmatt 20 Jun 2016 13:03

He's posted a lot in the comments, he called Bat 3 a damnable shitfest and questioned some edits of his songs.

Gulenkov 20 Jun 2016 13:35

Don't like to be annoying, but please anyone: could you please post a screenshot/give a link to Jim's comments? I'm not a friend with his both pages on Facebook and I see no comments related to Braver Than We Are. Help sombody ;)

Danny L 20 Jun 2016 13:47

My source was The Rockman Record - there are two 'Jim's' on Facebook, I've added them both and can't see the comment

samurai7 20 Jun 2016 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny L (Post 614003)
My source was The Rockman Record - there are two 'Jim's' on Facebook, I've added them both and can't see the comment

It's under a status asking about Barry's version of Read 'em & Weep ;)

Gulenkov 20 Jun 2016 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by samurai7 (Post 614011)
It's under a status asking about Barry's version of Read 'em & Weep ;)

The only thing about Read 'em And Weep on his Facebook is this https://www.facebook.com/jim.steinma...09?pnref=story but it's not what we are looking for :) I might seem dumb but as a non-Facebook user I'm quite lost there. Would be grateful for a link if it's possible.

Wario 20 Jun 2016 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gulenkov (Post 614014)
The only thing about Read 'em And Weep on his Facebook is this https://www.facebook.com/jim.steinma...09?pnref=story but it's not what we are looking for :) I might seem dumb but as a non-Facebook user I'm quite lost there. Would be grateful for a link if it's possible.

Cannot view u less you add him

And please don't link to a facebook profile here. It's his personal favebook not a page thus his friends list is public with all of us in it.

Last time people I didn't know found my Facebook I was overtaken by requests for live recordings, b sides, rare stuff. Sometimes I hate the thing. Daily requests. Still get them.

Thank god for the other inbox. My PmS here always fill as well

You're not missing much

#facebookproblems

ThatWriterGuy 01 Jul 2016 08:34

TICKETS are on SALE right NOW, folks. Initial run and premier is at the Manchester Opera House, before moving over to Covent Garden.

ashkent7 01 Jul 2016 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatWriterGuy (Post 614664)
TICKETS are on SALE right NOW, folks. Initial run and premier is at the Manchester Opera House, before moving over to Covent Garden.

From what I can see the website is down and I don't see tickets coming up elsewhere.

Then again, I'm on a computer at work where their filters even block you going on ebay so it might just be me.

AndyK 01 Jul 2016 09:48

Getting the same, via three different routes.

AndyK 01 Jul 2016 10:19

Urls in the press stories are wrong...

Try www.batoutofhellmusical.com

ThatWriterGuy 01 Jul 2016 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 614670)
Urls in the press stories are wrong...

Try www.batoutofhellmusical.com

Ah, you beat me to it.

GenoJLaw 01 Jul 2016 11:11

Will this becoming to the US at all?:pray:

ThatWriterGuy 01 Jul 2016 11:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenoJLaw (Post 614673)
Will this becoming to the US at all?:pray:

YES!

Danny L 01 Jul 2016 11:39

I've been waiting 12 years for this musical!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

ashkent7 01 Jul 2016 11:52

That's my Dad's Christmas present sorted, and a day shopping in Manchester for my mam and wife. My life is complete and easy from here on in. :lol:

Danny L 01 Jul 2016 13:58

oooh Dead Ringer's in there too!

eltmatt 01 Jul 2016 13:59

:D Im going to go for my birthday in March!

Lee B 01 Jul 2016 14:14

Tickets bought for 11th March. Super excited.:D

ashkent7 01 Jul 2016 14:15

Apparently - although I haven't been able to get on to check (damn work security filter) - on Facebook, Jim has comment on his page that he is "not involved" in the London show. Not sure if he means in the whole thing or just the London presentation of it.

Danny L 01 Jul 2016 14:26

http://www.uktw.co.uk/Tour/Musical/B...l/T0566930504/

Playing London Coliseum in May

With this and Braver I CANNOT TELL YOU how much I am bursting with excitement right now!!

ThatWriterGuy 01 Jul 2016 15:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashkent7 (Post 614681)
Apparently - although I haven't been able to get on to check (damn work security filter) - on Facebook, Jim has comment on his page that he is "not involved" in the London show. Not sure if he means in the whole thing or just the London presentation of it.

Nope, Jim is 100% INVOLVED (in EVERY aspect of EVERYTHING) in ALL BAT shows.

proctorloaf 01 Jul 2016 16:08

Got my ticket for opening night and will go to London too! EXCITED!

So now we have Braver than we Are, Hero and BOOT the Musical to look forward to. How lucky are we?!

Danny L 01 Jul 2016 16:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by proctorloaf (Post 614684)
Got my ticket for opening night and will go to London too! EXCITED!

So now we have Braver than we Are, Hero and BOOT the Musical to look forward to. How lucky are we?!

Hero?

samurai7 01 Jul 2016 16:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny L (Post 614685)
Hero?

Tyce Green/Pat Cerasaro thing

samurai7 01 Jul 2016 16:37

I will be there on opening night in Manchester 👍🏻

ashkent7 01 Jul 2016 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatWriterGuy (Post 614683)
Nope, Jim is 100% INVOLVED (in EVERY aspect of EVERYTHING) in ALL BAT shows.

Which is what I thought with this being Jim's baby. Just seen on Rockman, it was actually he was trying to say he was not involved in Manchester being the premier location over London (being down to promoters and availability) but then he deleted the comment accidentally while trying to edit it. He has some fun with facebook! :lol:

Danny L 01 Jul 2016 18:01

I've had some fun watching my Grandma use facebook :)

Hoping to book with a bunch of mates for the Saturday, 18th Feb!

eddy<meat-loaf>rocky 01 Jul 2016 21:31

bat out of hell musical

i was gona book for the first night as well but haveing been to every manchester gets it first shows like sister act ghost and 9 to 5 and my best mate used to work at the opera house manchester as well so i have it on good authority the first 2 performances friday and saturday are classed as previews then on the monday or a day during the 1st week they have a gala night thats what normally happens i have booked for the the first afternoon show as i need to think about transport getting home i cant wait

Danny L 01 Jul 2016 22:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddy<meat-loaf>rocky (Post 614695)
i was gona book for the first night as well but haveing been to every manchester gets it first shows like sister act ghost and 9 to 5 and my best mate used to work at the opera house manchester as well so i have it on good authority the first 2 performances friday and saturday are classed as previews then on the monday or a day during the 1st week they have a gala night thats what normally happens i have booked for the the first afternoon show as i need to think about transport getting home i cant wait

I'm trying for the Saturday so not the first but the second :) still will be there towards the beginning fof the musical's EVER existance though :)

And I'll spend way to much on books/CDs in the merch store no doubt...

GenoJLaw 01 Jul 2016 23:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatWriterGuy (Post 614674)
YES!

YES! Can't wait.

Without getting myself too excited, Do we know when?

ThatWriterGuy 01 Jul 2016 23:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenoJLaw (Post 614697)
YES! Can't wait.

Without getting myself too excited, Do we know when?

'watch this space'!

GenoJLaw 01 Jul 2016 23:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatWriterGuy (Post 614698)
'watch this space'!

Thanks

Wario 02 Jul 2016 01:51

set list for the musical?

Bat Out Of Hell
Total eclispe of the heart
The Leader of the Pack / All Revved Up
Renegade
Objects in the Rear View Mirror
Hercules of Gods
What Part of My body hurts The most?
Dead Ringer For Love
Id do anything For love / its all coming back medley
Revved up (reprise)
Dance in my Pants

Taking on Jesus, Getting off God [the erotic ballad of the Lost Boy]
God has left the building
North by Northwest
Original Sin / Bad For Good
Skull of Out Country
Heaven Can Wait
Back into Hell / Braver than we Are (instrumental)
Two out of three aint bad
Paradise by the Dashboard Light
For Crying Out Loud
Out of the Frying pan (and into the Fire)
Light My fire (doors instrumental / bows)

Sebastian. 02 Jul 2016 11:10

Will be there opening night, hopefully with the best company :).

ThatWriterGuy 02 Jul 2016 11:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wario (Post 614702)

Bat Out Of Hell
Renegade
Hercules of Gods
Dead Ringer For Love
Revved up (reprise)
Dance in my Pants

North by Northwest
Skull of Out Country
Heaven Can Wait
For Crying Out Loud

Amusing, but utterly wrong!! ... Except for the obvious. You got BAT right, though.

Danny L 02 Jul 2016 12:16

Yea people forget this isn't a Meat Loaf show; I saw Steve Steinman's The Meat Loaf Story AND Vampires Rock; It's all Jimmy's vision, though confirmed on the website:

Quote:

I’D DO ANYTHING FOR LOVE (BUT I WON’T DO THAT)
YOU TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH (HOT SUMMER NIGHT)
DEAD RINGER FOR LOVE - not expected but it is a favourite
IT’S ALL COMING BACK TO ME NOW
TWO OUT OF THREE AIN’T BAD
BAT OUT OF HELL
Some of over TWENTY songs so hurrah - plenty to look forward to, I hope this makes it:

[SPOILER]PIG is used prominently in the live show during a "feverish"factory scene, where the oppressed workers (are there any other kind?) sing LIFE IS A LEMON and, high above them, the POWERS THAT BE sing "IN THE LAND OF THE PIG, THE BUTCHER IS KING.[/SPOILER]

Teased in Jim's blog back in 2006!! :O

This will be a bombastic, thrilling, rocking, dramatic perhaps even funny show. Waiting impatiently to get paid so I can buy tickets........

ThatWriterGuy 02 Jul 2016 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny L (Post 614714)
Yea people forget this isn't a Meat Loaf show; I saw Steve Steinman's The Meat Loaf Story AND Vampires Rock; It's all Jimmy's vision, though confirmed on the website:

Some of over TWENTY songs so hurrah - plenty to look forward to, I hope this makes it:

[SPOILER]PIG is used prominently in the live show during a "feverish"factory scene, where the oppressed workers (are there any other kind?) sing LIFE IS A LEMON and, high above them, the POWERS THAT BE sing "IN THE LAND OF THE PIG, THE BUTCHER IS KING.[/SPOILER]

Teased in Jim's blog back in 2006!! :O

This will be a bombastic, thrilling, rocking, dramatic perhaps even funny show. Waiting impatiently to get paid so I can buy tickets........

The script has been rewritten many, many times since 2006 -- but that is an incredibly cool scene.

Danny L 02 Jul 2016 13:25

I completely anticipate much greatness :D 2006 was a decade ago now jeez!!

lorenzoduke 02 Jul 2016 13:33

I have to admit I was on the fence about seeing this. I'm a bit closed-minded when it comes to Jim Steinman songs. There are two people I'm happy to see singing them: Meat, and myself. ;)

That said, I'll be there for it. Manchester is close enough and it'll be fascinating at very least.

roomster 02 Jul 2016 14:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wario (Post 614702)

Bat Out Of Hell
Renegade
Hercules of Gods
Dead Ringer For Love
Revved up (reprise)
Dance in my Pants

North by Northwest
Skull of Out Country
Heaven Can Wait
For Crying Out Loud

I hope Wario are right about What Part of My body hurts The most...

Some small hints ThatWriterGuy? ;)

Evil One 02 Jul 2016 14:45

No Took The Words? This set list is bollocks.

ThatWriterGuy 02 Jul 2016 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by roomster (Post 614718)

You'll gEt Squat out of me ;)

chansadres 02 Jul 2016 15:41

Quote:

I thought Meat couldn't use that song on the new album because it will be used in the musical. So yes ;)

Too bad I can't make it to the musical next year. My holidays are fully booked with the inlaws moving to another country. I read somewhere that the musical will do an european tour. So I hope they will perform it in Holland, Belgium or western Germany.

roomster 02 Jul 2016 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by chansadres (Post 614723)
I read somewhere that the musical will do an european tour. So I hope they will perform it in Holland, Belgium or western Germany.

Someone who knows more about this?

Wario 02 Jul 2016 17:14

Quote:

meat even said he is most likely recording it for the cast album

Danny L 02 Jul 2016 17:15

Meat also said he is hoping to take a role in the show!

I'd be very surprised if he isn't on the red carpet press night. Yes this is Jimmy's show but 'BAT OUT OF HELL' as a name is connected to Meat & Jim.

Booked for Sat 18th February 2017. 5 of us going!!

RadioMaster 02 Jul 2016 17:58

I shall be there on opening night ... second row.

Danny L 02 Jul 2016 19:02

I'm only at the second because it's a Saturday, that was voted for over Friday

ThatWriterGuy 02 Jul 2016 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny L (Post 614727)
Meat also said he is hoping to take a role in the show!

That's news to me - where did you hear that?

Danny L 02 Jul 2016 19:37

Meat said on fb he loved Jim's script, nothing can beat it and he wants to be in it

CarylB 02 Jul 2016 19:59

I think he said he WOULD like to be in it, because he genuinely loves the script .. but has also said he couldn't manage the demands of theatre productions now; so many shows a week would not give him the time he needs to rest his voice between performances.

proctorloaf 03 Jul 2016 08:47

I think that producers would stay away from any melodies that have made it into Tanz so Objects and Total Eclipse are probably out in their full form. Although 'bright eyes' and lyrics from Objects probably will pop up. Loving the idea of a female performer leading Heaven Can Wait (Bette Midler's demo is beautiful)

I think that one of Jim's best melodies is Milady (or Fur Sarah in Tanz) such a shame that this won't feature.

Still trying to find a cast recording of Garbo the musical!

Meat recording 'Body' for the cast album would be the coup of the century! It might possibility be his last hit single a la 'hurt' by Jonny Cash.

eddy<meat-loaf>rocky 03 Jul 2016 14:33

who do we think would be cast in the show im hopping the amazing patti russo could be cast i would love to see her on stage in a theater production i was hoping she would be cast in the uk tour of we will rock you i am keeping my fingers crossed for her to be cast in this and also tony vincent too maybe lorraine crosby ?

ThatWriterGuy 03 Jul 2016 14:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by proctorloaf (Post 614736)
I think that producers would stay away from any melodies that have made it into Tanz so Objects and Total Eclipse are probably out in their full form.

An interesting theory ... but completely wrong. Don't take that as confirmation, either way, though!

I'm thinking about asking Jim if I can make a series of posts and just talk a bit about what I've been doing and how involved I've been ... but I'm on the fence about it. I don't know -- does that sound like a good idea? There's every chance Jim might say 'no', or he'll want me to hold off until closer to the time, but in theory, if it happens, who would be interested?

Sebastian. 03 Jul 2016 14:44

Anyone else up for getting on the Jager train afterwards?

rockfenris2005 03 Jul 2016 15:15

I think if "Objects" IS in the show, then they should take exception, as that was Bat 2 first, and one of the singles too. It would be awkward for me to ignore that. Besides, I like the idea of having the two different versions. I wouldn't want to see "Total eclipse" though, as that wasn't a Bat track either. So why?

ThatWriterGuy 03 Jul 2016 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockfenris2005 (Post 614748)
I think if "Objects" IS in the show, then they should take exception, as that was Bat 2 first, and one of the singles too. It would be awkward for me to ignore that. Besides, I like the idea of having the two different versions. I wouldn't want to see "Total eclipse" though, as that wasn't a Bat track either. So why?

Just because this is BAT OUT OF HELL: THE MUSICAL, it doesn't mean that those songs are exclusively LIMITED to BAT OUT OF HELL. Anything in Jim's oeuvre is on the cards. It's his musical, after all :cool: