mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lost Boys and Golden Girls (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Metal Loaf - Paul Crook (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3169)

badger 25 Jan 2004 21:07

Metal Loaf - Paul Crook

Hi all.

After seeing Meat again at Wembley I have to say yet again I was blown away by Paul Crook. He adds such a new edge to the music (being a big Metal fan I personally prefer this heavier live style). His solos are awsome, and his energy really seems to liven up the stage even more.

Anyway, I just wanted to mention this and see what other people think.

Rock on Metal Loaf!

DIZZY DRUMMER 25 Jan 2004 21:17

Badger wrote:

Quote:

After seeing Meat again at Wembley I have to say yet again I was blown away by Paul Crook. He adds such a new edge to the music (being a big Metal fan I personally prefer this heavier live style). His solos are awsome, and his energy really seems to liven up the stage even more.

Anyway, I just wanted to mention this and see what other people think.

Rock on Metal Loaf!
I agree Paul is a brilliant guitarist, I love the solos - could listen to him all nite - can he do his own concerts :devil: after Meat's tour

Mike Piercy 25 Jan 2004 21:18

Couldn't agree more Badger, shouldn't you give us your favourite "sett" list?

Seriously though...........don't you think the combination of Paul and Randy with there different styles is a masterstroke?

Wonder who thought of that?

The guitar work has been excellent this tour. Anyone like to name their best Meat guitar player(s) of all time?

Mike

badger 25 Jan 2004 21:23

i thought the two guitars working against each other were brilliant, especially when they lined up the front of the stage and did some almost question aswer stuf.

And the sustain Paul got at one point, working the note up and down was simply breathtaking. I love how much he gives to the performances, not just musically but his energy and movement.

best guitarist? Difficult. i would go with Todd Rundgren (is that allowed? never seen him live!) just for creating the original motocyle guitar and being an all round legend, and Paul as I think he has done an amazing job - not many people could take something that is already this good and make it even better!

Deb 25 Jan 2004 21:24

I think Pauls great as well. He is so full of life and a pleasure to watch, plus a great person :)

I think Randy and Paul are a great combo as well Mike. Just surprised a lot of the younger fans aren't posting how much they fancy either of them lol.

Deb

AndyK 25 Jan 2004 21:31

Paul and Randy are the best two guitarists I've seen with Meat ever!

The difference in their styles and approaches really works well, Randy is so laid back he's almost horizontal and Paul is a bundle of eneergy just waiting to explode.... he was just as manic last night after teh show as he was on stage!

Pauls style is out and out ROCk whereas Randys style has more of a Blues feel to it, but they compliment each other perfectly, at times they remind me of Ronnie Wood and Keith Richards from the Stones, both pairs of guitarists blending their parts together so well that you can't tell who is playing what, yet it still sounds crystal clear!

That "note" that Paul held on the whammy bar during Frying Pan last night is still ringing in my ears today!!

AndyK

Sapphire Lady 25 Jan 2004 21:53

Paul is a brilliant guitarist. And he's a bit of a babe. :mrgreen:

He looks gorgeous on stage and off - I was lucky enough to get to speak to him backstage at Glasgow. :bunny:

White of High 25 Jan 2004 23:56

Ted Nugent! :lol:

No concert together??? Ehhh! Doesn't matter!

Vickip 26 Jan 2004 00:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by sultonfan
I think Pauls great as well. He is so full of life and a pleasure to watch, plus a great person :)

I think Randy and Paul are a great combo as well Mike. Just surprised a lot of the younger fans aren't posting how much they fancy either of them lol.

Deb

I Couldn't Have Said That Better Myself Deb :))

Randy's a great person too ... I'll never forget him smiling at me from the stage at the Borgata in Atlantic City .. and then recognizing me after the show how because he saw me in the front row !!

And I'll never forget meeting Paul after the show at the Mohegan Sun .. he was so nice and down to earth, just like Meat and the rest of the NLE.

Paul and Randy are both great guitar players, babes and all around great guys .. true assets to the NLE.

Vicki

sherrie87 26 Jan 2004 01:11

Sapphire Lady said:
Quote:

Paul is a brilliant guitarist. And he's a bit of a babe
True, he ain't a bit hard on the eyes! Between Paul, Kasim and John it's a wonder that I can keep my eyes solidly glued on Meat! :wink:

Sherrie

Vickip 26 Jan 2004 01:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherrie87
Sapphire Lady said:
Quote:

True, he ain't a bit hard on the eyes! Between Paul, Kasim and John it's a wonder that I can keep my eyes solidly glued on Meat! :wink:

Sherrie

Absolutely Sherrie :wink:
Vicki

Deb 26 Jan 2004 02:00

Quote:

Sapphire Lady said:
Quote:

Sherrie

What about Randy? he's gorgeous as well. John is more than most, in a teddy bear sort of way, if you know waht i mean :oops: But them cymbals keep him hidden!!!

Vickip 26 Jan 2004 02:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by sultonfan
Quote:

Sapphire Lady said:
Quote:

Sherrie

What about Randy? he's gorgeous as well. John is more than most, in a teddy bear sort of way, if you know waht i mean :oops: But them cymbals keep him hidden!!!

Definitely .... how could we forget about Randy :))
Where does Meat keep finding all these great looking guys anyway :wink:

Vicki

sherrie87 26 Jan 2004 02:43

Sultonfan said:
Quote:

. John is more than most, in a teddy bear sort of way, if you know waht i mean
John Micelli is completely my "kind of man", in every way. I prefer Meat because he has a very intense sex appeal to me, but John is the kind of man I am attracted to in "real life". In fact, my husband (also named John) looks very much like John Micelli, right down to height, weight, hair and eye color- scary!

Sherrie

Mike Piercy 26 Jan 2004 11:05

To all you ladies this is supposed to be about guitar players and their playing not how good looking they are.

The subtle sustains, the extreme power chords, the slide guitar, the strings bending................

Please stick to the point about playing styles and the sounds of rock guitars.

Anyway if we are talking babes you couldn't see two finer than Patti or CC
now you are talking!!!!!!!

Mike

Sapphire Lady 26 Jan 2004 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Piercy
To all you ladies this is supposed to be about guitar players and their playing not how good looking they are

Sorry, I think it was me who started that 8O :oops:

Deb 26 Jan 2004 14:32

Quote:

To all you ladies this is supposed to be about guitar players and their playing not how good looking they are.

The subtle sustains, the extreme power chords, the slide guitar, the strings bending................

Please stick to the point about playing styles and the sounds of rock guitars.

Anyway if we are talking babes you couldn't see two finer than Patti or CC
now you are talking!!!!!!!

Mike

Here ya go Mike, a pic to show pauls extreme power chords! The slide guitar! The strings bending!! ... hehehee

I'm sure some will see it different though lol.

http://www.pumpkinpie.coldpizza.co.u...20paul%202.jpg

Deb

ROSIE 26 Jan 2004 14:38

I see what you mean Mike :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul looks technically perfect to me look at those chords ring girls :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rosie :lol: :lol:

Mike Piercy 26 Jan 2004 14:43

Yes a classic rock guitar player stance.

CC plays guitar you know, Patti has in the past, any pictures of either of them girls or do you only photograph the guys?

Mike

ROSIE 26 Jan 2004 14:44

What do you think :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rosie :lol: :lol:

Mike Piercy 26 Jan 2004 14:47

Help me out guys, I don't think I can keep this on topic.

Now I must go and ring that neck. Where's the Fender?

Mike

Renegade Angel 26 Jan 2004 14:50

Paul is by far the best guitarists that Meat has worked with - im not just saying that cos he's with him now but I just think that paul has added that extra bit of edge to the sound - more heavier and rockier!!!!

Bob Kulick used to be my favourite, I used to love his solo in Two Out Of Three Ain't bad and I liked how he always seemed to be in Meats band through the years no matter how many other members came and went.

Also used to like Pat Thrall, especially on the Bat 2 tour.

Damon La Scott was good but I never thought he seemed like he was enjoying himself much, always had a miserable face.

Alan Merrell was pretty good, had a good voice too during the Lost Boys tour 1988.

I was very impressed with Randy aswell - great blues solo before Testify.

Deb 26 Jan 2004 14:50

Lol Rosie

Tut tut Mike, look at my website and you'll see I dont favour anyone in pix :D Plenty of CC playing guitar. Andy K would shoot me otherwise!!

Heres one so you can compare Randy's Meats and pauls techique.

http://www.pumpkinpie.coldpizza.co.u...eatpaul%20.jpg

Randy gets my vote here :P

Deb

Deb 26 Jan 2004 14:52

Quote:

Help me out guys, I don't think I can keep this on topic.

Now I must go and ring that neck. Where's the Fender?

Mike

Since when was Patti and CC on topic!!! 8O lololol

SW31 26 Jan 2004 14:59

yes paul is excelent on his riffs but after 25 years loving the meats music i most enjoyed bob kulick riffs 8) :roll: