mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lost Boys and Golden Girls (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   News from Kasim (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14130)

AndyK 20 Feb 2010 14:52

News from Kasim

Reported here

Quote:

Originally Posted by kasiminfo
08.15 - Last night at his gig in Philadelphia, PA, Kasim Sulton announced on stage that he was no longer a member of Meat Loaf's band.

Kasim joined the band in 1993 and became his Musical Director in 1998. Prior to that Kasim played on Bat Out Of Hell and is the only artist other than Meat Loaf who appears on each of the tracks of the Bat Out Of Hell trilogy of albums.

Kasim said last night that he is on some of the tracks of Meat Loaf's new album which is released later this year (and which Kasim thinks is a great album) and that he wished Meat Loaf all the best for his career.

Steve6 20 Feb 2010 14:59

Sad to here. Who will be bass on Meat's next tour? I hope he brings back Steve Buslowe

ChrisBelfast 20 Feb 2010 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve6 (Post 479323)
Sad to here. Who will be bass on Meat's next tour? I hope he brings back Steve Buslowe

My thought exactly, how good would that be :D

L96 20 Feb 2010 15:02

Ah, no.... WHAT?

Evil One 20 Feb 2010 15:02

Extremely.

S. 20 Feb 2010 15:08

Kas was good But Please bring back Steve:-)

Steve6 20 Feb 2010 15:10

Who else? Buslowe rocks on bass guitar. Listen to his playing on live tracks done with Meat Loaf... he just nails it. He has to be first choice to replace Kasim, and he knows all the songs better than anyone too. The only thing is Buslowe is not a musical director.

WhenItComes2LovingU 20 Feb 2010 15:26

Meat sounded better under Buslowe than he has for several years under Kasim. No knock at Mr. Utopia, but Buslowe arranged the music better to cover Meat's few weaker moments. My best to Kasim on his solo career, and I hope he isn't just holding a grudge because his song was rejected for HCTB. And here's my sincere vote for Buslowe coming back to the band!

AndrewG 20 Feb 2010 15:29

Sorry to see Kas go but I'll get over it, I wish him the best for his own career and bands etc. Only ever saw Steve Buslowe once with Meat and he was good. Doubt the replacement will be him (isn't he retired from music and found other line of work?) but you never know I guess. Plenty of talented bass players out there. I am more concerned with the music directing, but actually think Meat has a lot of that in hand himself anyway. We'll see what happens in the summer.

Sarahdk23 20 Feb 2010 15:45

I cant believe it! I am soooo sad!! It is the worst news I have gotten in a very long time!

Steve6 20 Feb 2010 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarahdk23 (Post 479346)
I cant believe it! I am soooo sad!! It is the worst news I have gotten in a very long time!

I wouldn't get too sad Sarah, he could be back just as quickly as he left. *Cough* Patti :D

RadioMaster 20 Feb 2010 15:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve6 (Post 479323)

speaking of Patti, do we have any idea if she is gonna be on the album/on tour with Meat again??

Sarahdk23 20 Feb 2010 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve6 (Post 479349)
I wouldn't get too sad Sarah, he could be back just as quickly as he left. *Cough* Patti :D

Thanks, Steve and you are right :-) Im just a big Kasim fan, and it wont be the same without him!

suzieq 20 Feb 2010 16:14

I'm sad to see Kaz go. But I know that whoever Meat gets will be awesome, Meat's standards are soaring high. We've grown so accustomed to Kaz's stage sound when Meat performs. As well as, their friendship and comraderie after so many years is not replaceable.

Next chapter, Hang Cool Teddy Bear. Although sad in one respect, I'm looking forward to all the changes Meat has made. The bass player will be another change to the set. Re-inventing his wheels, sometimes willingly and sometimes unexpectedly as is this case.

Suzieq

Vickip 20 Feb 2010 16:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzieq (Post 479354)
I'm sad to see Kaz go. But I know that whoever Meat gets will be awesome, Meat's standards are soaring high. We've grown so accustomed to Kaz's stage sound when Meat performs. As well as, their friendship and comraderie after so many years is not replaceable.

Next chapter, Hang Cool Teddy Bear. Although sad in one respect, I'm looking forward to all the changes Meat has made. The bass player will be another change to the set. Re-inventing his wheels, sometimes willingly and sometimes unexpectedly as is this case.

Suzieq

I couldn't have said it better :-)

madagascar 20 Feb 2010 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadioMaster (Post 479350)
speaking of Patti, do we have any idea if she is gonna be on the album/on tour with Meat again??

Of course she'll be on the album, wasn't there a tweet where Meat was talking about a duett with Patti?

wolfy35 20 Feb 2010 17:30

Kasim leaving is sad news indeed.

I would like either Buslowe to return or if that isnt possible it has to be someone who is at least a match for Kas & Buslowe. Someone like Stu Hamm for example

Whoever it is Meat's standards are so good that it will be someone worthy of joining the NLE

madagascar 20 Feb 2010 17:30

What about Chris Chaney, he appeared in some tweets, he's one hell of a bass guitar player.:-):-)

Steve6 20 Feb 2010 17:40

We could be in for a massive suprise and get a completely unknown bass player. I mean not many people would have of known of Paul Crook or Randy Flowers before they joined the band...and they blew us away with their guitar playing and talent.

Actually if he got in an unknown young bass player, it could also work out great ....But he'd have to be good. Meat has very very high standards. I'm sure we can all agree on that. :cool:

meatrocks1 20 Feb 2010 17:41

Orianthi Panagaris would be awesome......she rocks hard like Paul:lol:

howlerformeatloaf 20 Feb 2010 17:43

Its a shame Kasim wont be there anymore. I wonder if the rest of the band will be the same. :(

meatrocks1 20 Feb 2010 17:55

will CC be there????

lisa01 20 Feb 2010 18:02

News from kasim

Wow that was a big shock to me i will miss kasim but i wish him all the best of luck with everything he dose in the futre

Evil One 20 Feb 2010 18:06

Another question is, with Kasim gone will one of the other band members be stepping up as musical director? If so, which one?

meatrocks1 20 Feb 2010 18:10

My money is on Patti :lol: