mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lost Boys and Golden Girls (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Why did Mark leave in 1998? (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17387)

Wario 21 Sep 2011 09:35

Why did Mark leave in 1998?

Is there a definitive answer to this?

CarylB 21 Sep 2011 10:32

Probably as many as the people you ask. I really don't see why we need to bring this up again. It just invites speculation and leads to negativity imo. He left.

And now we have a great new pianist playing with a great band and a revitalised Meat who's on a roll.

Caryl

Nici 21 Sep 2011 10:45

Asking is not a Crime and still being curious is not a crime!!!!! I understand his question, I am still wondering too. It doesn't have to be negative!!! It is people who turn it into a negative thing!

Wario 21 Sep 2011 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarylB (Post 551941)
Probably as many as the people you ask. I really don't see why we need to bring this up again. It just invites speculation and leads to negativity imo. He left.

And now we have a great new pianist playing with a great band and a revitalised Meat who's on a roll.

Caryl

Im talking about his absence from the storytellers tour. Please.

AndyK 21 Sep 2011 10:51

To defend Wario (I'm quick enough to jump on him when he steps out of line, so it's only fair he gets the other side of the coin too) the question is why did Mark take a hiatus from the band in 1998, returning in later years. It's not dragging up the "other" question.

From memory I think he had other commitments, but I can't be 100% sure. Like many others he had/has a life out side ot Meat Loaf, so I don't think it's a big deal really.

CarylB 21 Sep 2011 11:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nici (Post 551943)
Asking is not a Crime and still being curious is not a crime!!!!! I understand his question, I am still wondering too. It doesn't have to be negative!!! It is people who turn it into a negative thing!

I don't think I suggested it was "a crime!!!!!". I thought (as perhaps you may have done too), that Warrio was referring to Mark's final departure, and I know it's people who make things negative, which was my point really.

Quote:

Im talking about his absence from the storytellers tour. Please
Mea culpa and many apologies Warrio, I didn't register the date, but would think, like Andy, that Mark had other commitments. Only person who could give you a definitive answer on that one is probably Mark.

Caryl

duke knooby 21 Sep 2011 11:50

the highly accurate/ballocks* wikipedia states "In 1997, Mark joined Joe Cocker's band on the Across From Midnight tour as the pianist and accordionist, and played acoustic guitar during an extended unplugged set. A live DVD of the tour was recorded in Berlin, Germany. Late in 1998, Mark joined Enrique Iglesias' band as chief synthesist/programmer/keyboardist, touring extensively for 2 years [3]"

* delete as applicable

but as has been said by Caryl, probably the only person that knows definitively is Mark

Nici 21 Sep 2011 15:43

@ CarylB: Your reaction was just a little to soon. Maybe you had your opinion ready because it was Wario!!! But good that you apologized, I think that is really brave.

CarylB 21 Sep 2011 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nici (Post 551964)
@ CarylB: Your reaction was just a little to soon. Maybe you had your opinion ready because it was Wario!!! But good that you apologized, I think that is really brave.

Not at all. I did not have any opnion ready "because it was Warrio!!!". I don't hunt the boards waiting to pounce on Chris.; very rarely take any issue with him in fact. I simply misread the date.

I merely responded as I would have done to anyone. I always apologise if I have made a mistake; it's not brave, just the polite and reasonable thing to do surely.

Caryl

Ankie 21 Sep 2011 16:29

Back on topic, please.

Sue K 21 Sep 2011 16:37

Maybe if asked Mark, would answer on his FB page or twitter account. I thought that was a pretty curious group of musicians who made up The NLE on the Storytellers VH1 show/ tour.

S ... xo

Evil One 21 Sep 2011 18:25

I thought Tom Brislin was very good, but I can't say the same for Damon La Scot. :twisted:

glamourgirl 21 Sep 2011 19:11

The new guys on the VBO/Storytellers tours weren't necessarily "showmen" but they were really talented, imo.

Nici 21 Sep 2011 19:35

@caryl: Wow, just wanted to give you à compliment GIRLFRIEND!!!

Sue K 21 Sep 2011 21:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue K (Post 551972)
Maybe if asked Mark, would answer on his FB page or twitter account. I thought that was a pretty curious group of musicians who made up The NLE on the Storytellers VH1 show/ tour.

S ... xo

I didn't mean to take away anything from anyone's talents. I guess what I mean is, I'm kind of old school so when you change up members of a band on me, it shakes me up ... lol ... Like, what happened to Pat and Steve ?? ... :shock: ... lol ... I'm used to "groups" remaining groups, I guess... ie... John, Paul, George and Barney... lol ... errr... I mean RINGO... and then there was Davy, Micky, Peter and Joe... errr... I mean Mike ! I know... y'all are now saying either "who?" or "geez, you're olllllllllllld" ... lol ...

S ... xo

suzieq 22 Sep 2011 03:33

I'm just going to plain speculate.....I think Mark has a teenage boy now...and if I can approximate my math, maybe he was being close to home during that time period. Just speculating though.

AndrewG 27 Sep 2011 17:12

Who cares? I think we should leave old shoes where they are/want to be.