mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lost Boys and Golden Girls (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Bonnie Tyler supporting Status Quo (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18328)

chairboys 10 Jul 2012 13:37

Bonnie Tyler supporting Status Quo

For those Bonnie fans, just to let you know she is part of Quofest this December.
I have just booked my tickets for Birmingham.
Really really excited!!

samurai7 10 Jul 2012 15:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by chairboys (Post 573729)
For those Bonnie fans, just to let you know she is part of Quofest this December.
Really really excited!!

We're gonna try for the Cardiff one. Quo are always great value live, and now with Bonnie it's unmissable :-)

chairboys 10 Jul 2012 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by samurai7 (Post 573739)
We're gonna try for the Cardiff one. Quo are always great value live, and now with Bonnie it's unmissable :-)

definitely

The Flying Mouse 10 Jul 2012 19:16

Quote:

Really really excited!!

:twisted: We need a "I like it I like it I like it I like it I li li like it li li like it" button :bleh:

Guy 10 Jul 2012 23:38

Fantastic stuff! I will be there. Never seen BT.

Batwings 06 Dec 2012 02:24

Quo r awesome live

Anubis 06 Dec 2012 05:27

Quote:

Really really excited!!

Im off there too, I go every year.

chairboys 06 Dec 2012 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anubis (Post 581749)
Im off there too, I go every year.

I have seen the Quo only once before at Wembley. Can't remember the year but T'Pau were the support band.

Anubis 31 Dec 2012 14:51

As usarall Quo where brillent, and bonnie tyler has still got the voise she was mavalus, a very entertaining and fun night out.

samurai7 31 Dec 2012 15:03

I went to the Cardiff show on the 14th of December and it was fantastic.
This is a copy/paste of a review I posted elsewhere:

Quote:

Just got in from an incredible night. The first act was Eddie & The Hot Rods, a late-'70s pub-rock act that had a hit with Do Anything You Wanna Do. Great to see these guys again, last time I saw them was on my 18th birthday, back in '96, so a few good memories. They finished on a pretty cool cover of the Van Morrison (or The Doors if you like) song GLORIA. Great stuff.

Bonnie was up next, and my GOD she was phenomenal. I thought she sounded in exceptional form, and looked great. The sound in the arena was perfect. Unfortunately, as a support act she only got about 50 minutes, but it was a hit-packed, perfectly pitched set.
Opener It's a Heartache (with wonderful harmony guitars) and Bee Gees cover To Love Somebody had the crowd singing along, and Have You Ever Seen The Rain got them rocking out; there was even a rush of people down to the front of the stage to dance. Hearing the "Ooh la la" chorus of Lost in France being sung by the whole arena was spine-tingling.
Before singing The Best she mentioned that although the song is mainly associated with Tina Turner, she recorded it two years before. A great rendition of Turtle Blues, replete with anecdote about recording her version in the same studio as Janis Joplin's original followed.
Just before starting Total Eclipse she mentioned that in 1983 she was very fortunate to work with "The GENIUS Jim Steinman", which got a respectable cheer from pockets of the enthusiastic Welsh crowd.
We also got Faster Than The Speed of Night and Holding Out For a Hero to round off a trifecta of Steinsongs, and Bonnie's set.

The full setlist was as follows:

It's a Heartache
To Love Somebody
Have You Ever Seen the Rain
Lost in France
The Best
Turtle Blues
Total Eclipse
(Band intros)
Faster Than The Speed of Night
Holding Out For a Hero

After this it was headliners Status Quo's turn, and as expected they delivered the goods, even closing the evening with a medley of Festive hits, after a set literally laden with the numerous boogie-shuffle-blues-rock anthems they've made their trademark. Always incredible value live, it was a pleasure to see them again. Rick and Francis really are not only fantastic musicians, but very skilled entertainers too, with a catalogue of classics.

I can honestly say it was one of the best shows I've seen in a long time, and I consider myself nigh-on a professional concert-goer ;-)
Highly recommended. UK people, if this show is coming to a venue near you then please try to go along. I honestly cannot rate it highly enough.

S.

wolfy35 31 Dec 2012 15:29

If you get the right dates for the 2013 leg of this tour not only will you see Bonnie Tyler as the support act but you will also see the original line up of Quo playing live together for the first time in just over 30 years.

Unfortunately if you dont already have a ticket unless you are willing to pay through the nose for a VIP + M&G ticket through Ticketmaster ( £206 per ticket, sold in pairs only ) you have missed the boat for that because all other tickets sold out to fanclub members at presale ( Yes presale was reserved for fanclub members only and was not available any other way ).

Wario 01 Jan 2013 23:43

Why is bonnie now a support act??

renegadeangel 02 Jan 2013 04:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wario (Post 582999)
Why is bonnie now a support act??

because she doesn't have as many Steinman songs as Meat has to draw on...

melon 02 Jan 2013 04:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by renegadeangel (Post 583006)

because she doesn't have as many Steinman songs as Meat has to draw on...

I don't think that's got anything to do with it.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Forum Runner

renegadeangel 02 Jan 2013 13:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by melon (Post 583008)
I don't think that's got anything to do with it.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Forum Runner

That was just my opinion. But at the same time I don't she's done all that well without Jim's help

wolfy35 02 Jan 2013 16:28

Think it's more to do with the way the music industry in general works these days.

If you are a long established star like Meat, Stones, Who, Springsteen etc to a certain extent you get to do whatever you want because of a large loyal fanbase.

Anyone else & record & promotions companies can make more money from here today gone tomorrow acts like the ones that we get from X factor, Teen acts like Bieber etc so unless you are willing to dance by their no matter how good you are tune they don't want to know you.

Bonnie is talented & has a loyal fan base but unfortunately its not big enough for the record companies to take enough notice to promote her and that my friends is a sad indictment of the modern music industry, a fast £ before talent.

Vickip 02 Jan 2013 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfy35 (Post 583024)
Think it's more to do with the way the music industry in general works these days.

If you are a long established star like Meat, Stones, Who, Springsteen etc to a certain extent you get to do whatever you want because of a large loyal fanbase.

Anyone else & record & promotions companies can make more money from here today gone tomorrow acts like the ones that we get from X factor, Teen acts like Bieber etc so unless you are willing to dance by their no matter how good you are tune they don't want to know you.

Bonnie is talented & has a loyal fan base but unfortunately its not big enough for the record companies to take enough notice to promote her and that my friends is a sad indictment of the modern music industry, a fast £ before talent.

Exactly.

renegadeangel 02 Jan 2013 22:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfy35 (Post 583024)

So if she had more Steinman songs, say something new along the lines of total eclipse of the Heart, that wouldn't drive up her fan base?
I do agree with you about the record companies and promotion, but in the end its the songs that sell the seats.

Monstro 02 Jan 2013 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by renegadeangel (Post 583030)
I do agree with you about the record companies and promotion, but in the end its the songs that sell the seats.

Looking forward to a sold out Bieber sings BOOH tour

Paul Richardson 02 Jan 2013 22:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 583031)
Looking forward to a sold out Bieber sings BOOH tour

He could do worse ...

The Flying Mouse 02 Jan 2013 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Richardson (Post 583033)
He could do worse ...

:twisted: He does, he does :yep:

Vickip 03 Jan 2013 00:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse (Post 583036)

:yep:

wolfy35 03 Jan 2013 01:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse (Post 583036)

Ill take your word on that one. So far I have never had the misfortune to hear that one singing, although Weird Al Yankovic does a parody of one of his songs.