mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lost Boys and Golden Girls (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Kasim working with Jim (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16532)

AndyK 02 Feb 2011 14:40

Kasim working with Jim

According to the message posted by Kasim yesterday on the KasimInfo.com site, he's (in his own words) "just got back from a recording session for a secret project with Jim Steinman".

No further info than that, but enough to start the speculation no doubt ...

Evil One 02 Feb 2011 14:48

Past experience leads me to believe absolutely nothing will come of it. :roll:

daveake 02 Feb 2011 14:56

The speculation usually lasts for much longer than the project :-(

Fingers crossed though ...

Wario 02 Feb 2011 14:58

Cant say im too excited. Id like to see Jim concentrating solely on the bat musical.

daveake 02 Feb 2011 15:28

Perhaps these things are related?

LucyK! 02 Feb 2011 15:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarioLoaf (Post 537732)
Cant say im too excited. Id like to see Jim concentrating solely on the bat musical.

I would imagine that that's exactly what he is doing, with Kasim's views on being true to the original Bat arrangements I'd imagine he'd be perfect to have on board.

daveake 02 Feb 2011 16:11

Exactly.

Evil One 02 Feb 2011 16:13

As far as being a secret project though I think it's failed! :lol:

Monstro 02 Feb 2011 16:21

<<Finds himself agreeing with Smoggy..........needs a lie down now

Wario 02 Feb 2011 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 537739)

Smoggy?

allrevvedup 02 Feb 2011 17:31

if it helps to actually produce something in the form of the Bat musical then it has to be a good thing.

LucyK! 02 Feb 2011 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 537739)

It had to happen :))

Wario 02 Feb 2011 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucy! (Post 537743)
It had to happen :))

ah. your smoggy

madagascar 02 Feb 2011 19:52

It's remarkable that they consider the bat musical a secret projetct. ;)

Sarge 03 Feb 2011 16:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by allrevvedup (Post 537783)
Kasim working with Jim Steinman can only be a positive.

It would be great to see some "new" Steinman stuff soon. His work pace seems to be rather slow but maybe collaborating with a qualified partner will accelerate it and lead to interesting results? It's good that Steinman is obviously working on something and I hope it's a project that will actually see the light of day.

Julie in the rv mirror 03 Feb 2011 18:19

I like Kasim. And I like the idea that he has been working on something with Jim. I can't imagine it's connected with the Bat musical, because I don't think that's really a secret. Like others said, I do hope we get to hear it (and soon).

Pudding 03 Feb 2011 20:08

I'd like to hear Roy Bittan is working with Jim, some of Jims most epic songs are with him at the piano.

LucyK! 03 Feb 2011 20:35

I cannot imagine any musician I would be more pleased to see working on this than Roy Bittan :up: (I'll leave it at that because if I start on how immense Roy is I'll still be sitting here when the musical comes out!)

The Flying Mouse 03 Feb 2011 20:53

:twisted: It would be nice to see Max Weinberg's name pop up :metal:

LucyK! 03 Feb 2011 20:54

Roy AND Max...I would combust!

daveake 03 Feb 2011 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julie in the rv mirror (Post 537805)
I can't imagine it's connected with the Bat musical

I think it probably is. Kasim has said elsewhere that he's working on "projects" with Jim:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasim
Jim's brilliant,he's a brilliant songwriter and I don't know that many people can match him lyrically. He knows what he wants,Jim and I are very close friends working on projects that will come to see the light of day next year.

My guess is that it will be the musical and a CD timed to come out around the same time.

Monstro 04 Feb 2011 09:00

This thread has been cleaned up after having to be locked.

Please note that this thread will be locked again permanently and infraction points issued if it goes the same way as yesterday, keep the discussion to the topic in hand which is Kasim working with Jim and what that may produce and NOT what may or may not have happened between Meat and Kasim.

renegadeangel 06 Feb 2011 11:52

One thing that does kind of surprise me is that Meat and Jim both seem to work within the same small circle of musicians. So Kasim is working with Jim and Mark Alexander has been asked to work on the musical. Its interesting that after all the musicians that Jim has worked with, he has gone back to the beginning with Kasim.

nikox1 06 Feb 2011 20:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by renegadeangel (Post 537982)
One thing that does kind of surprise me is that Meat and Jim both seem to work within the same small circle of musicians. So Kasim is working with Jim and Mark Alexander has been asked to work on the musical. Its interesting that after all the musicians that Jim has worked with, he has gone back to the beginning with Kasim.

its strange to be honest, but then the more i think about it and what has happened it tends to make sense:shock:

daveake 06 Feb 2011 20:23

Not strange at all. He prefers to work with people he's familiar with.