mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lost Boys and Golden Girls (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   News from Kasim (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14130)

AndyK 20 Feb 2010 14:52

News from Kasim

Reported here

Quote:

Originally Posted by kasiminfo
08.15 - Last night at his gig in Philadelphia, PA, Kasim Sulton announced on stage that he was no longer a member of Meat Loaf's band.

Kasim joined the band in 1993 and became his Musical Director in 1998. Prior to that Kasim played on Bat Out Of Hell and is the only artist other than Meat Loaf who appears on each of the tracks of the Bat Out Of Hell trilogy of albums.

Kasim said last night that he is on some of the tracks of Meat Loaf's new album which is released later this year (and which Kasim thinks is a great album) and that he wished Meat Loaf all the best for his career.

Steve6 20 Feb 2010 14:59

Sad to here. Who will be bass on Meat's next tour? I hope he brings back Steve Buslowe

ChrisBelfast 20 Feb 2010 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve6 (Post 479323)
Sad to here. Who will be bass on Meat's next tour? I hope he brings back Steve Buslowe

My thought exactly, how good would that be :D

L96 20 Feb 2010 15:02

Ah, no.... WHAT?

Evil One 20 Feb 2010 15:02

Extremely.

S. 20 Feb 2010 15:08

Kas was good But Please bring back Steve:-)

Steve6 20 Feb 2010 15:10

Who else? Buslowe rocks on bass guitar. Listen to his playing on live tracks done with Meat Loaf... he just nails it. He has to be first choice to replace Kasim, and he knows all the songs better than anyone too. The only thing is Buslowe is not a musical director.

WhenItComes2LovingU 20 Feb 2010 15:26

Meat sounded better under Buslowe than he has for several years under Kasim. No knock at Mr. Utopia, but Buslowe arranged the music better to cover Meat's few weaker moments. My best to Kasim on his solo career, and I hope he isn't just holding a grudge because his song was rejected for HCTB. And here's my sincere vote for Buslowe coming back to the band!

AndrewG 20 Feb 2010 15:29

Sorry to see Kas go but I'll get over it, I wish him the best for his own career and bands etc. Only ever saw Steve Buslowe once with Meat and he was good. Doubt the replacement will be him (isn't he retired from music and found other line of work?) but you never know I guess. Plenty of talented bass players out there. I am more concerned with the music directing, but actually think Meat has a lot of that in hand himself anyway. We'll see what happens in the summer.

Sarahdk23 20 Feb 2010 15:45

I cant believe it! I am soooo sad!! It is the worst news I have gotten in a very long time!

Steve6 20 Feb 2010 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarahdk23 (Post 479346)
I cant believe it! I am soooo sad!! It is the worst news I have gotten in a very long time!

I wouldn't get too sad Sarah, he could be back just as quickly as he left. *Cough* Patti :D

RadioMaster 20 Feb 2010 15:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve6 (Post 479323)

speaking of Patti, do we have any idea if she is gonna be on the album/on tour with Meat again??

Sarahdk23 20 Feb 2010 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve6 (Post 479349)
I wouldn't get too sad Sarah, he could be back just as quickly as he left. *Cough* Patti :D

Thanks, Steve and you are right :-) Im just a big Kasim fan, and it wont be the same without him!

suzieq 20 Feb 2010 16:14

I'm sad to see Kaz go. But I know that whoever Meat gets will be awesome, Meat's standards are soaring high. We've grown so accustomed to Kaz's stage sound when Meat performs. As well as, their friendship and comraderie after so many years is not replaceable.

Next chapter, Hang Cool Teddy Bear. Although sad in one respect, I'm looking forward to all the changes Meat has made. The bass player will be another change to the set. Re-inventing his wheels, sometimes willingly and sometimes unexpectedly as is this case.

Suzieq

Vickip 20 Feb 2010 16:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzieq (Post 479354)
I'm sad to see Kaz go. But I know that whoever Meat gets will be awesome, Meat's standards are soaring high. We've grown so accustomed to Kaz's stage sound when Meat performs. As well as, their friendship and comraderie after so many years is not replaceable.

Next chapter, Hang Cool Teddy Bear. Although sad in one respect, I'm looking forward to all the changes Meat has made. The bass player will be another change to the set. Re-inventing his wheels, sometimes willingly and sometimes unexpectedly as is this case.

Suzieq

I couldn't have said it better :-)

madagascar 20 Feb 2010 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadioMaster (Post 479350)
speaking of Patti, do we have any idea if she is gonna be on the album/on tour with Meat again??

Of course she'll be on the album, wasn't there a tweet where Meat was talking about a duett with Patti?

wolfy35 20 Feb 2010 17:30

Kasim leaving is sad news indeed.

I would like either Buslowe to return or if that isnt possible it has to be someone who is at least a match for Kas & Buslowe. Someone like Stu Hamm for example

Whoever it is Meat's standards are so good that it will be someone worthy of joining the NLE

madagascar 20 Feb 2010 17:30

What about Chris Chaney, he appeared in some tweets, he's one hell of a bass guitar player.:-):-)

Steve6 20 Feb 2010 17:40

We could be in for a massive suprise and get a completely unknown bass player. I mean not many people would have of known of Paul Crook or Randy Flowers before they joined the band...and they blew us away with their guitar playing and talent.

Actually if he got in an unknown young bass player, it could also work out great ....But he'd have to be good. Meat has very very high standards. I'm sure we can all agree on that. :cool:

meatrocks1 20 Feb 2010 17:41

Orianthi Panagaris would be awesome......she rocks hard like Paul:lol:

howlerformeatloaf 20 Feb 2010 17:43

Its a shame Kasim wont be there anymore. I wonder if the rest of the band will be the same. :(

meatrocks1 20 Feb 2010 17:55

will CC be there????

lisa01 20 Feb 2010 18:02

News from kasim

Wow that was a big shock to me i will miss kasim but i wish him all the best of luck with everything he dose in the futre

Evil One 20 Feb 2010 18:06

Another question is, with Kasim gone will one of the other band members be stepping up as musical director? If so, which one?

meatrocks1 20 Feb 2010 18:10

My money is on Patti :lol:

RadioMaster 20 Feb 2010 18:10

that's what i was wondering as well... does this mean a change in the sound of the NLE??

Vickip 20 Feb 2010 18:12

I'm thinking Randy or Paul

ROSIE 20 Feb 2010 18:12

Sad to hear Kas has left NE but wish him all the best for the future

R:lol:sie

xxxx

RSG 20 Feb 2010 18:19

Rock on, Kasim! Wish you the very best!

PattiRocks 20 Feb 2010 18:21

Im sad to see Kasim go it wont be the same without him but the show must go on!

PanicLord 20 Feb 2010 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vickip (Post 479355)
I couldn't have said it better :-)

Oh, ok then, you forced me into this...

You took the words right out of my mouth.

:LOL:

Anyhow, sad to hear Kasim is off. All the best Kasim.

Would be great if Meat could clear up why he's off.

Looking forward to finding out who's replacing him!

Steve6 20 Feb 2010 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadioMaster (Post 479384)
that's what i was wondering as well... does this mean a change in the sound of the NLE??

That's an interesting point.

But as regards the musical director position; I think that will be done by Meat Loaf with the NLE contributing of course.

Now I know Kasim was credited as the musical director and all, but Meat Loaf did contribute vast amounts to the direction of every show he did, much more than he credits himself for. So I personally don't think the musical director position is anything to be worried about.

As regards the sound of the NLE. I can't see it changing in anyway unless Meat wants it to. He could do one thing today and change it completely the next. So expect the unexpected as regards the sound of the NLE goes.

RadioMaster 20 Feb 2010 19:35

just what exactly does a musical director do anyway?

Evil One 20 Feb 2010 19:41

Directs musicals? :whistle:

Steve6 20 Feb 2010 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadioMaster (Post 479412)

He conducts the musical ensemble being used for any particular concert or show; making sure the musicians are prepared for their performances and for making any changes in the score that he deems fit.

suzieq 20 Feb 2010 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadioMaster (Post 479412)

In Kasim's position, he has been known as the 'Derek Jeter' of the NLE. As Meat and Kasim have worked so closely over the years, Kaz had a handle on Meat's ad libs on stage, when and where to start the band back up based on Meat's cues, Etc. Meat is the primary visionary as to how the scripts roll during the show, but the timing of the band with Meat's vision must be in check and that assist had to go to his short stop, Kasim.

I'm sure the kinks we speak of will be all sorted come tour time. For me it's going to be just another element for me to be excited about...to see what Meat does with his creativity.

Suzieq

Sarahdk23 20 Feb 2010 20:59

What I will miss the most is definitely his background vocals! Im still sad...I think it will take me some time to be okay with him leaving!

AndyK 20 Feb 2010 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzieq (Post 479430)
In Kasim's position, he has been known as the 'Derek Jeter' of the NLE. As Meat and Kasim have worked so closely over the years, Kaz had a handle on Meat's ad libs on stage, when and where to start the band back up based on Meat's cues, Etc. Meat is the primary visionary as to how the scripts roll during the show, but the timing of the band with Meat's vision must be in check and that assist had to go to his short stop, Kasim.

Exactly. In the NLE, Kasim was far far more than bass player on stage. I think his contributions have been underrated by us all over the years.

The Flying Mouse 20 Feb 2010 21:12

:twisted: Sad news indeed :sad:

daveake 20 Feb 2010 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 479434)
Exactly. In the NLE, Kasim was far far more than bass player on stage. I think his contributions have been underrated by us all over the years.

Very much agree.

Vickip 20 Feb 2010 21:15

Quote:

Definitely.

Steve6 20 Feb 2010 21:36

He was more than a bass player alright. He could sing, play all guitars, keyboards, a songwriter and director, drummer..what couldn't he do?

But I'm upbeat while everyone else is sad, because I know he'll be back again in the near future.

Elijah's way 20 Feb 2010 22:17

I'll probably be attacked for this but Im sort of glad he is gone because he's EGO is extremely LARGE!!! Sorry if this offends anyone.

carole 20 Feb 2010 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzieq (Post 479354)

Suzieq

Very well said Suzie, it will be sad to see Kasim go, but I'm sure whoever Meat replaces him with will be outstanding. As we all know Meat's standards are high. And I look forward to the next chapter with the new album and any changes Meat makes for the next tour. I wish Kasim all the best .

Carole

carole 20 Feb 2010 22:25

Quote:

I agree, I'm sure he's done more than what we all realise.

Carole

Sarahdk23 20 Feb 2010 23:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by RHStoned (Post 479449)
I'll probably be attacked for this but Im sort of glad he is gone because he's EGO is extremely LARGE!!! Sorry if this offends anyone.

Really? Why do you think that? Just curious :-)

eddy<meat-loaf>rocky 21 Feb 2010 00:28

i am in shock can some one get the brandy kasim with out meat it like fish with out the chips beans whith out the toast tom with out jerry :( :( :( i wish kasim the all best

Steve6 21 Feb 2010 01:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddy<meat-loaf>rocky (Post 479463)
i am in shock can some one get the brandy kasim with out meat it like fish with out the chips beans whith out the toast tom with out jerry :( :( :( i wish kasim the all best

To Kasim :beer:

Kathy 21 Feb 2010 01:59

I think it's a measure of how closely Meat and his whole band connect with us from the stage, that we hate to see any of them go. And we see them up there, interacting with each other, helping each other, working hard together to give us a good show. I do remember the first time I saw the NLE, the only person I could "see" was Meat. Since then I've expanded my peripheral vision a little ;) and have come to hold them all in very high regard. Which is, I think, exactly what Meat hopes we will do. Kasim is not only talented but a great guy; I love him and I will miss him on the Meat Loaf stage. The show will go on, though, and I plan to open my mind and heart to the new bass player, whoever he or she may be.

Best wishes, Kasim!
Kathy

MeatGrl1 21 Feb 2010 03:11

This is such sad news, every concert I have been too, Kasim has been there in Orlando he caught my attention because he saw me trying to get one of Meat's guitar picks and failing and he caught my eye and threw me one of his which I still have that was back in 2007, he will be missed and there will no doubt be a void now but I wish him luck in the future and whatever projects he does from now on.

MeatLoafFanRay 21 Feb 2010 03:12

It's a real shame I enjoyed Kasim's musical talents and they complimented the songs perfectly he'll be very hard to replace, but I trust Meat will choose somebody really good as a replacement. Imo this could be another factor that makes the next tour one not to miss.

Robertb 21 Feb 2010 03:38

Do you think that the news of Kasim leaving the NLE could be an explination of why we haven't heard of any tour news on the back of the new album?

No matter what anyone says, whoever takes over from Kasim as the role as musical director will be a tough one. I hope Steve Buslowe makes a return his stage energy is awsome.

stretch37 21 Feb 2010 08:30

Ever since I became a Meat fan Kasim has been a part of the band. It feels like a part of the family is leaving. I'm sure Meat will find someone as many of you have pointed out, but I just don't seen why Kasim would choose to leave now with this spectcular album in the works. Not that its any of my business :? I'd love to see what he can do as a solo artist though.

RadioMaster 21 Feb 2010 09:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robertb (Post 479506)
Do you think that the news of Kasim leaving the NLE could be an explination of why we haven't heard of any tour news on the back of the new album?

actually there have been statements about a tour. Just recently Meat said in a german radio interview that he's gonna tour Germany and one of the stations will be cologne.

carole 21 Feb 2010 10:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathy (Post 479478)
I think it's a measure of how closely Meat and his whole band connect with us from the stage, that we hate to see any of them go. And we see them up there, interacting with each other, helping each other, working hard together to give us a good show. I do remember the first time I saw the NLE, the only person I could "see" was Meat. Since then I've expanded my peripheral vision a little ;) and have come to hold them all in very high regard. Which is, I think, exactly what Meat hopes we will do. Kasim is not only talented but a great guy; I love him and I will miss him on the Meat Loaf stage. The show will go on, though, and I plan to open my mind and heart to the new bass player, whoever he or she may be.

Best wishes, Kasim!
Kathy

That's very true Kathy, it does seem like we're losing someone from our 'Meat family', but the show will go on in spectacular style, how could it not, with Meat at the helm. Kasim will be missed, but we will make the new person welcome.

Carole

Sarahdk23 21 Feb 2010 10:28

Kasim just posted this on his Journal:

"And, Yes.... I have left the ML camp.
It was time.
I'm so immersed in other projects right now that I just didn't have it in me to spend another year of my life on that particular tour bus.
I wish him and the band the best of luck with the new record."

http://kasimsulton.blogspot.com/

Sarah

RadioMaster 21 Feb 2010 10:56

on the upside though, that means we're definitely gonna get a tour. Otherwise he wouldnt have felt the need to quit.

PanicLord 21 Feb 2010 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarahdk23 (Post 479531)

It was time.
I'm so immersed in other projects right now that I just didn't have it in me to spend another year of my life on that particular tour bus.

Sarah

So, busy with his own career, and time for a change. Can't say fairer than that. God speed Kasim.

Vickip 21 Feb 2010 14:55

Quote:

It was time.

Sarah

Thanks for passing this along Sarah.
Vicki

Leah 21 Feb 2010 16:18

Awww im so saddened to hear this news, kasim has been there since the very first day I turned on to Meat ('94 ish) so he's been as much of an integral part of me being a Meat Fan as has Patti and John.

But I wish him nothing but the best with his other projects and im sure that if he puts in as much as what he has with NLE then he's sure to be a success in whatever he does :D

x

MissAsh 21 Feb 2010 17:10

As with some of the others here, Kasim has been part of the band for as long as I can remember so I'm a little sad about this news. I will very much miss seeing Kas live with Meat & the NLE, each time I've seen Meat live I have greatly enjoyed watching him play and his interaction with the crowd made the experience even more fun.

I can understand the need for change though, so I wish him all the best for the future. Best of luck to his replacement too.

Jeanie 21 Feb 2010 21:43

Kasim was a fixture in the NLE for so very long.. he will be greatly missed, although I wish him all the best, in whatever the future holds for him.

I also welcome whomever Meat appoints as his new musicial director/ bass player, and look forward to what they bring to the band and to the shows. :)

J. xo

Cult Of Byron 21 Feb 2010 21:55

*cough*Steve Harris*cough* :lol:

Good luck to Kasim though, I remember hearing some of his solo stuff on the CHSIB tour and while not my particular cup of tea, he's clearly a talented musician!

Could be an interesting tour, this...

carole 21 Feb 2010 22:14

Quote:

It was time.

Sarah

Thanks for passing this along Sarah, I wish Kasim all the best.

Carole

elo88 22 Feb 2010 11:55

I think that the maybe upcoming live shows will be more awful, because it was Kasim who helped ML a lot on stage.

And I believe that the next Musical dirdector will be Mark.

LP 22 Feb 2010 12:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by elo88 (Post 479699)
I think that the maybe upcoming live shows will be more awful, because it was Kasim who helped ML a lot on stage.

And I believe that the next Musical dirdector will be Mark.

More awful? Ouch!

Evil One 22 Feb 2010 13:06

Meat was around for many years without Kasim.

nikox1 22 Feb 2010 13:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil One (Post 479711)
Meat was around for many years without Kasim.

too true!! but its sad to see him go:(

Benny 22 Feb 2010 17:02

Sad news, but all the best for the future Kas.
Would love to see Steve Buslowe come back, but doubt that will happen.
Also, I always thought John Golden was a great bassist.

renegadeangel 24 Feb 2010 21:21

I wonder if theres any truth to the rumor that Kasim is going to be the musical director for the BAT OUT OF HELL musical?

Sarahdk23 24 Feb 2010 21:32

Hmm, interesting! Where have you heard that rumour? He did mention that he would be in the uk later this year, but assumed it was with Meat Loaf, but maybe thats the reason he is going there...

renegadeangel 24 Feb 2010 21:36

It was on the rockman record. I don't know if the source in believeable but there you go.

Smithie 25 Feb 2010 16:23

Good luck, Kasim. We'll miss you.

CC's husband, TJ Jablonski, plays bass. Maybe he could join the Neverland Express. He's a really cool guy and a great bass player. He already knows the band members so he'd fit right in.

glamourgirl 25 Feb 2010 18:15

Thanks for all the great memories Kasim.

lorenzoduke 25 Feb 2010 20:27

Good luck Kasim. Great musician, nice guy.

suzieq 14 Sep 2010 20:56

All the other Kasim threads are locked for one reason or another. But I saw a recent pic of Kasim online and thought.....now he looks like he's having fun...so I just thought I'd share this photo as an update. It must be a picture from one of all those projects he had lined up at the time of his decision to part ways with Meat/NLE.

Grass greener on the other side? Not sure but it certainly is colorful ;)

http://media.mlxxfc.net/flaming kasim.jpg

Vickip 14 Sep 2010 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzieq (Post 520127)

Grass greener on the other side? Not sure but it certainly is colorful ;)

http://media.mlxxfc.net/flaming kasim.jpg

:lol:

The Flying Mouse 14 Sep 2010 21:24

:twisted: In other Kasim news, I got this message from him on Facebook, posted as an event invitation (hopefully he won't mind me sharing :wink: )

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasim

I need you to help create the artwork for my new album.

Through 'The Project' you can submit a photo which will be incorporated into a mosaic portrait of myself on the CD cover. Only the first 1,000 fans that respond will be able to participate in the project. There is a cost involved, $50 plus S&H. but you get lots of stuff in addition to being on the cover!

The $50 cost includes:
...1. Your own copy of the CD, ahead of the stores;
2. An 11 x 17 poster of the cover, with an indication of the location of your picture;
3. Exclusive goodies and music samples throughout the writing and recording process;
4. Entry into a drawing to have me play * “in your living room.”

*The costs of travel and lodging to anywhere in the Continental U.S. and Europe will be covered. If outside of the Continental U.S. and Europe, we’ll work out the details personally with you.

There will be plenty of special guests on the CD as well.

We will stop taking submissions and close the living room concert contest for entries as soon as we reach our limit of 1,000 entries.

Good chance for the Kasim uber fans to be a part of his next album.
Contact him direct on Facebook if interested.

SueW 14 Sep 2010 21:28

Messages on Facebook don't go directly to Kasim.

If you're interested in "The Project" you need to go to http://www.kasimsulton.com/the-project/ for full details.

AndrewG 14 Sep 2010 21:28

I saw that. It said somewhere that it was going to be hist last album. Any reason why?

The Flying Mouse 14 Sep 2010 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by SueW (Post 520138)

If you're interested in "The Project" you need to go to http://www.kasimsulton.com/the-project/ for full details.

:twisted: And now you know folks :lol:

Thanks Sue :mrgreen:

AndrewG 14 Sep 2010 21:30

That's where I saw it about it being his final album. Thanks Sue.

SueW 14 Sep 2010 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 520139)
I saw that. It said somewhere that it was going to be hist last album. Any reason why?

It'll be his last physical album. After that you'll be able to buy all his music only via download.

AndrewG 14 Sep 2010 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by SueW (Post 520142)
It'll be his last physical album. After that you'll be able to buy all his music only via download.

Oh right. Thanks Sue. Fair enough. I've heard a few artists say that the CD format is dying and I guess resorting to download only makes sense. I'm saddened to see Apple take such a monopoly on things. They used to be the underdog and cool. I find it all pretty lame these days to be honest. I'd rather have a physical CD any day and only resort to buying mp3s if the physical thing is not available such as Itunes concerts. The physical packaging forms part of the story and creativity I think and it's great to see Kasim do something special for his last one then.

samurai7 14 Sep 2010 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse (Post 520134)
:twisted: In other Kasim news, I got this message from him on Facebook, posted as an event invitation (hopefully he won't mind me sharing :wink: )

Good chance for the Kasim uber fans to be a part of his next album.
Contact him direct on Facebook if interested.

Yet when Meat did this (Man of Steel Poster included with the single) it was free.

AndrewG 14 Sep 2010 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by samurai7 (Post 520145)
Yet when Meat did this (Man of Steel Poster included with the single) it was free.

Yes but you get the CD and a poster plus an indication of where you are on the cover which obviously takes some time to sort out. I'm not saying that justifies the entire cost but perhaps Kasim also needs a few extra resources to get this and the album cost of the ground. More and more are artists resorting to this kind of stuff. See http://www.pledgemusic.com/
And it's possibly due to the likes of the MP3 and Apple that artists such as Kasim can perhaps no longer afford these kind of freebies.
My two cents anyway.

I can't slate Kasim on this one.

Sarahdk23 15 Sep 2010 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by samurai7 (Post 520145)

One of the things you get from these money is also a chance to win a solo show at your own house, with all costs payed if you live in USA and Europe, So I think the cost is fair enough. (Im thinking planetickets, hotel etc.)

Suzie, the reason he is wearing that suit is for a Todd show. He is playing his 2 albums Healing and Todd :-)

Sarahdk23 15 Sep 2010 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by SueW (Post 520138)

Well, he does read them and answers questions from time to time.

But you are of course right about the project, that you need to go to the website to submit your picture :-)

SueW 15 Sep 2010 16:16

But if you want to know that he's received a message, you should email him directly via KasimMusic@aol.com as only he has access to that account.

Sarahdk23 15 Sep 2010 17:02

Allright, you win ;-)

Steve6 15 Sep 2010 21:29

It's great that you can submit a photo of yourself and hopefully make the front cover..sounds kinda different. :-)

Kasim "The Hippy" Sulton!! I love the clothes though.

Elijah's way 18 Sep 2010 02:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 520139)

probably because no one buys his music.:twisted:

AndrewG 18 Sep 2010 02:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elijah's way (Post 520818)

I know your reply was a bit of a joke. However I actually think that no artist or person should ever give up making music or playing it just because hardly anyone buys it. Even if you have an audience of just 1 I think it's worthwhile but knowing from reactions around here and on Facebook and from seeing him do the support acts live I know that number is significantly higher for Kasim. ;-)

Monstro 18 Sep 2010 02:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elijah's way (Post 520818)

Stupid reply, more to do with the costs associated with releasing a cd format as opposed to download. Do yourself a favour and think before posting

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 520821)
I know your reply was a bit of a joke. However I actually think that no artist or person should ever give up making music or playing it just because hardly anyone buys it. Even if you have an audience of just 1 I think it's worthwhile

Hear hear, as someone who's better half is going to try to make a living out of people recording their music I really agree, that asside I respect anyone who records and makes available what they have, putting yourself out there to be judged on it takes balls.

Elijah's way 18 Sep 2010 05:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 520822)
Stupid reply, more to do with the costs associated with releasing a cd format as opposed to download. Do yourself a favour and think before posting

Hear hear, as someone who's better half is going to try to make a living out of people recording their music I really agree, that asside I respect anyone who records and makes available what they have, putting yourself out there to be judged on it takes balls.

Do yourself a favour and don't be an ASS!! Man some people just can't take a joke.:roll:

Monstro 18 Sep 2010 05:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elijah's way (Post 520837)
Do yourself a favour and don't be an ASS!! Man some people just can't take a joke.:roll:

Go to Andrews post above to see a sensible response. You never said you were joking.

Call me an ASS again for what was a sensible reply to a post and see how long your ban will be.

Elijah's way 18 Sep 2010 10:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 520840)
Go to Andrews post above to see a sensible response. You never said you were joking.

Call me an ASS again for what was a sensible reply to a post and see how long your ban will be.

Really?!?!:roll: There's no reason to act like that when you're the one that started it. I figured with the :twisted: on that post people would get that I was joking just lighten up!! It'd be silly to ban me over something so harmless. Calling you an ass is no different than you calling me stupid! And another thing that was not a sensible reply, you insulted me and you should know that you would get it right back. So you shouldn't dish it if you can't take it. ;)

A Slice Of English 18 Sep 2010 10:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elijah's way (Post 520849)
Really?!?!:roll: There's no reason to act like that when you're the one that started it. I figured with the :twisted: on that post people would get that I was joking just lighten up!! It'd be silly to ban me over something so harmless. Calling you an ass is no different than you calling me stupid! And another thing that was not a sensible reply, you insulted me and you should know that you would get it right back. So you shouldn't dish it if you can't take it. ;)

He didn't call YOU stupid, he called your reply stupid. He's also a mod and it's his job to call people on senseless remarks like yours.

I don't like any of Kasims solo stuff and would never dream of buying it, but I would also never dream of insulting someone over it and then suggesting that the insult is a harmless joke.

It's akin to saying "I'm not be an arsehole but your music really sucks and no one likes it, ha, ha, ha." when what you're really doing is trying to justify an insult by suggesting you're being funny.

Which it wasn't.

Elijah's way 18 Sep 2010 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Slice Of English (Post 520850)
He didn't call YOU stupid, he called your reply stupid. He's also a mod and it's his job to call people on senseless remarks like yours.

I don't like any of Kasims solo stuff and would never dream of buying it, but I would also never dream of insulting someone over it and then suggesting that the insult is a harmless joke.

It's akin to saying "I'm not be an arsehole but your music really sucks and no one likes it, ha, ha, ha." when what you're really doing is trying to justify an insult by suggesting you're being funny.

Which it wasn't.

And how do you know?? You don't know me and you don't know how my sense of humor works so keep out of it it's none of you're business! And yes he pretty much said that I'm stupid just like you're doing now.

And to clear any other confusion I really like Kasim, he is one hell of a bass player.

A Slice Of English 18 Sep 2010 11:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elijah's way (Post 520851)
And how do you know?? You don't know me and you don't know how my sense of humor works so keep out of it it's none of you're business! And yes he pretty much said that I'm stupid just like you're doing now.

And to clear any other confusion I really like Kasim, he is one hell of a bass player.

I know because you said you were trying to make it come across as funny. I didn't find it funny. Which means it WASN'T funny, to me.

And nowhere have I called you stupid. You're reading what you want to see. And if it was "none of my business", it wouldn't be on a public forum, it would be a conversation held in private between you and Monstro. It's in the public domain, so it automatically becomes of public interest. Ergo, it IS my business.