mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Coupe de Ville (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Autographs, fake or real. (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15647)

The Flying Mouse 01 Sep 2010 17:57

Autographs, fake or real.

:twisted: Time for another round :mrgreen:

A couple from the same seller on that paradise for autograph hunters that is ebay :facepalm:

Bat II cover

Bat II Meat in chair

The latter looks like a passable (if rushed) example and could well be legit.

The Bat II cover does not look right to me.
It looks like Meat has forgotton how to spell his name.

What is puzzling is that both have the same photo as evedence of it's genuine nature, yet the item signed in the pic is the same in both pics, and it's neither one of the signed items, it's a promo pic from the CHSIB era :wtf:
Photographic evedence that Meat Loaf held a pen in his hand once is proof of nothing.

So what do you think, real deal or fake?

Feel to join in if you're reading Mr Loaf :mrgreen:

allrevvedup 01 Sep 2010 17:58

neither looks like his signature but then if you're signing on the move it can be completely different.

LucyK! 01 Sep 2010 18:01

The second one could be genuine, though I've never seen him date things. The Bat II cover is hideous.

End of the day, the seller says that the pic is Meat "during that very signing" but he's not signing those pieces, so to be honest I'd assume they're talking crap.

AndyK 01 Sep 2010 18:01

Both as fake as a laugh at one of Neil's jokes. :))

The Flying Mouse 01 Sep 2010 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 515749)
Both as fake as a laugh at one of Neil's jokes. :))

:twisted: OW, You hurt me deep there Andy :doh:

wolfy35 01 Sep 2010 18:16

If windows had a bullsh** detector it would scream fake

If they were genuine and seller had taken the time to photograph Meat while signing the pic would show him signing the items . For a giggle I googled Meat loaf autographs and the same pictures were on the first page of results

CPDani 01 Sep 2010 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse (Post 515742)

A couple from the same seller on that paradise for autograph hunters that is ebay :facepalm:

Bat II cover

Bat II Meat in chair

What is puzzling is that both have the same photo as evedence of it's genuine nature, yet the item signed in the pic is the same in both pics, and it's neither one of the signed items, it's a promo pic from the CHSIB era :wtf:
Photographic evedence that Meat Loaf held a pen in his hand once is proof of nothing.

**The first autograph is NOT Meat's!!!! Looks pathetic!!
The second of the chair IS Meat's autograph. I have a few of his autographs and this looks exactly like his handwriting!

I love how people play games!

Sarge 01 Sep 2010 18:38

Some general advice: If the first letter looks strange or shaky and if a letter is not written in one go - be careful! How does someone sign? Is the person known for just signing with their name or do they add something (e.g. the date thing mentioned by Lucy). Another thing to check is if there are ink dots indicating that the pen rested in a particular place. If these dots appear in odd places you should be suspicious. Most people don't stop several times while writing their name. But this is hardly recognizable from a photo on the internet. That's why it's always risky to buy from eBay as you can hardly judge from a photo if a signature is authentic or not (unless it's very different from what the signature usually looks like or you are an autograph expert).

Better spend your money on one of those expensive M&Gs and let Meat sign an item of your choice. That way, you now it's really Meat's autograph and you have a nice reminder of a special event. ;)

Evil One 01 Sep 2010 18:43

I've never understood the big deal with autographs. What's so special about someone signing their name?

AndyK 01 Sep 2010 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil One (Post 515767)
I've never understood the big deal with autographs. What's so special about someone signing their name?

It's a huge deal when I write a cheque!

samurai7 01 Sep 2010 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 515769)

yeah, but that's because a) you're not the best at writing (bless!) and b) you're a Yorkshireman, and therefore tighter than a duck's ass, which we all know is watertight.

daveake 01 Sep 2010 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 515769)

That's because you're still on your original chequebook ;-)

samurai7 01 Sep 2010 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveake (Post 515774)
That's because you're still on your original chequebook ;-)

haha good one

daveake 01 Sep 2010 19:25

It hasn't seen the light of day in 10 years, aside of course from it's star turn on Antiques Roadshow the other week ...

The Flying Mouse 01 Sep 2010 20:37

:twisted: THread moved to the right forum.

I forgot we had this forum now :facepalm:

A Slice Of English 01 Sep 2010 20:40

The one in the chair looks a lot like the 10 by 8 I got from CdC during the Meat & Greet. The other doesn't look right.

eddy<meat-loaf>rocky 01 Sep 2010 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse (Post 515742)

Bat II cover

Bat II Meat in chair

hi if you are after a real meat loaf autograph i got his autograpaph off play .com he has signed his latest cd hang cool teddy bear http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/1370...&ob=Price&fb=0 its his genuine autograph as thirs a vid of meat loaf siging them for play .com

Wario 01 Sep 2010 22:25

Never knew this part of the forum existed... "COUPE de VILLE"???

Anywho, both are ass fake yo G

A Slice Of English 02 Sep 2010 00:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddy<meat-loaf>rocky (Post 515831)
hi if you are after a real meat loaf autograph i got his autograpaph off play .com he has signed his latest cd hang cool teddy bear http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/1370...&ob=Price&fb=0 its his genuine autograph as thirs a vid of meat loaf siging them for play .com

Yeah, I think most of us knew that as we all wanted the one he accidentally signed across the face of the girl...

GDW 02 Sep 2010 02:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil One (Post 515767)

Can I get your autograph?:-P

Fire Ball 02 Sep 2010 12:21

1st one is fake , 2nd is real
M

Steve6 02 Sep 2010 12:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Ball (Post 515989)
1st one is fake , 2nd is real
M

:metal:

Evil One 02 Sep 2010 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by GDW (Post 515910)
Can I get your autograph?:-P

It depends how much you want to pay! :lol:

Steve6 02 Sep 2010 12:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil One (Post 515993)
It depends how much you want to pay! :lol:

Loyal loafers shouldn't have to pay for a scribble. :cool:

Fire Ball 02 Sep 2010 12:32

I collect sports people and most were given to me by them . I love them and they are worth a lot of Money. I have a Babe Ruth worth about 15,000 dollars.He didn't give it to me of course. He died a month before I was born. I think I was henry the VIII and also babe ruth in anothre life. To bad I can't cut off heads anymore . There are few that would have been in a basket a long time ago. Then again mine might have been in a basket as well after the review of Bat in Rolling Stone in 77 . LOL