mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lost Boys and Golden Girls (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Rank the Songs Greatest To Least: Jim Steinman's Bad For Good (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15741)

Wario 09 Sep 2010 08:36

Rank the Songs Greatest To Least: Jim Steinman's Bad For Good

Bad For Good
Stark Raving Love
Rock & Roll Dreams
Left In The Dark
Surfs Up
Lost Boys & Golden Girls
Dance In My Pants
The Storm
Frying Pan

evil nickname 09 Sep 2010 09:29

Rock and Roll Dreams
Bad for Good
Surf's Up
Left in the Dark
Frying Pan
Stark Raving Love
Dance in My Pants
Lost Boys and Golden Girls
The Storm
Love & Death & An American Guitar

Mr. Happy 09 Sep 2010 09:41

Surf's Up
Left in the Dark
Stark Raving Love
Out of the Frying Pan (And Into The Fire)
Rock and Roll Dreams Come Through
Bad for Good
Dance in My Pants
The Storm
Love & Death & An American Guitar

GDW 09 Sep 2010 11:46

All are Fantastic. Just press random.:D

Cozzie 09 Sep 2010 12:23

Bad For Good
Dance in my Pants
Out of the Frying Pan (And Into the Fire)
Left in the Dark
Stark Raving Love
Surf's Up
Rock and Roll Dreams Come Through
The Storm

Steve6 09 Sep 2010 13:19

Left in the Dark
Bad for Good
Surfs Up
Rock N Roll Dreams
Stark Raving Love
Out of the Frying Pan
Dance in my Pance
The Storm

Evil One 09 Sep 2010 19:55

Bad For Good
Out Of The Frying Pan
Left In The Dark
Surf's Up
Rock And Roll Dreams
Dance In My Pants
Stark Raving Love
Lost Boys & Golden Girls
The Storm
Love, Death And An Amercian Guitar

Steve6 10 Sep 2010 15:44

This album should have been called "Renegade Angel" who knows what the songs could have been like had the song book not being stolen. Some thief is sitting at home with Jim Steinman's lost works. It's probaly hidden in some attic never to be found again. :(

allrevvedup 10 Sep 2010 15:54

Bad For Good
Left In The Dark
The Storm
Lost Boys & Golden Girls
Frying Pan
Rock & Roll Dreams
Surfs Up
Love, Death And An American Guitar
Dance In My Pants

(and by a country mile, last and certainly least)
Stark Raving Love

Steve6 10 Sep 2010 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by allrevvedup (Post 518571)
(and by a country mile, last and certainly least)
Stark Raving Love

Ah yes the song that was recycled into "Holding Out for a Hero". I quiet liked it though. ;)

Evil One 10 Sep 2010 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve6 (Post 518566)
This album should have been called "Renegade Angel" who knows what the songs could have been like had the song book not being stolen. Some thief is sitting at home with Jim Steinman's lost works. It's probaly hidden in some attic never to be found again. :(

This album should never have been recorded by Jim. He shouldn't have been so impatient and waited until Meat was ready. He couldn't have been short of a bob or two. :shrug:

Wario 10 Sep 2010 20:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil One (Post 518650)
This album should never have been recorded by Jim. He shouldn't have been so impatient and waited until Meat was ready. He couldn't have been short of a bob or two. :shrug:

This is true. if he waited two years, by 1983 Meat was back and better then ever and then improved more drastically in 1985.

But I believe it was the record company, not Jim himself, that was rushing production. The Record company wasn't patient and Jim was under contract.

its still one of the most tragic stories in music history. This album had so much potential.

Evil One 10 Sep 2010 20:18

The record company had Dead Ringer to keep them happy. I think BFG was just arrogance on Jim's part.

Steve6 10 Sep 2010 23:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil One (Post 518665)
The record company had Dead Ringer to keep them happy. I think BFG was just arrogance on Jim's part.

Meat's voice was gone and he was suffering a mental breakdown around that period too. It certainly wasn't any of Jim's fault. The record company were demanding a follow up to BOOH and Jim had to record Bad for Good himself, because Meat was in no position mentally or vocally to do so. Plus his relationship with Jim was starting to show cracks. Jim either released Bad for good or got his ass sued. You can't say "Oh he should have waited a few years"; when you are contracted to release a record by your record company you bloody well have to. They can buy and sell your ass in a heartbeat. We all know Jim could wait a decade or two to release an album, but Bad For Good had to be done. End of story.

Jim is a good singer, but he was no where near as good as Meat Loaf. I liked BFG for what it was, but it could have been better. Meat from my understanding hated all the songs on Bad for Good when he heard them at the time. Even though he did record most of them in later years.

Pudding 10 Sep 2010 23:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve6 (Post 518684)
It certainly wasn't any of Jim's fault. The record company were demanding a follow up to BOOH and Jim had to record Bad for Good himself, because Meat was in no position mentally or vocally to do so.

Who gives you your information or do you just make shit up?

Jim DIDN'T have to record Bad For Good at all. As Evil One mentions, it was arrogance on Jims part that he did.

Steve6 10 Sep 2010 23:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pudding (Post 518686)
Who gives you your information or do you just make shit up?

Jim DIDN'T have to record Bad For Good at all. As Evil One mentions, it was arrogance on Jims part that he did.

But Meat WAS to record BFG. He even recorded a few tracks..but his voice was shot, and he had a nervous breakdown. This was all well documented as you know, and Jim had to step in and fill his shoes.

Evil One 10 Sep 2010 23:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve6 (Post 518695)
Jim had to step in and fill his shoes.

No he didn't, because Meat did record Dead Ringer. Jim chose to step into Meat's shoes.

duke knooby 10 Sep 2010 23:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil One (Post 518698)
Jim chose to step into Meat's shoes.

cause he couldn't bare those songs to go unheard?

cause he was upset at meats billing as no.1?

who knows... all we can do is speculate at something we know ~~~~~~ all about

Pudding 10 Sep 2010 23:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve6 (Post 518684)
Meat's voice was gone and he was suffering a mental breakdown

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve6 (Post 518695)
But Meat WAS to record BFG...but his voice was shot, and he had a nervous breakdown.

Make your mind up, was it a mental or nervous breakdown :shrug: which one are you having at the monet?

Evil One 10 Sep 2010 23:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 518703)
cause he couldn't bare those songs to go unheard?

cause he was upset at meats billing as no.1?

who knows... all we can do is speculate at something we know ~~~~~~ all about

I think I've read Jim give the answer as option one, but I would suspect a bit of option two must have came into it. Jim has always played the waiting game with everything else.

duke knooby 10 Sep 2010 23:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil One (Post 518708)
I think I've read Jim give the answer as option one, but I would suspect a bit of option two must have came into it. Jim has always played the waiting game with everything else.

thats what i was thinkin... he's not known for being one to get the music pushed out as it HAS to be heard.. just speculation of course

Steve6 10 Sep 2010 23:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil One (Post 518698)
No he didn't, because Meat did record Dead Ringer. Jim chose to step into Meat's shoes.

He was forced to step into Meat's shoes because Meat couldn't record BFG. They were both tied down to record it originally by the record company...but Meat had problems, and had to pull out leaving Jim to tie up the loose ends. That was NOT Jim's choice...the record company were planning the release of the record long before Meat pulled out. When he did the situation never changed; a record had to hit the shelves.

Pudding a nervous breakdown and a mental breakdown are the same thing anyway. :lmao::lmao::lmao:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_breakdown

Evil One 10 Sep 2010 23:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve6 (Post 518715)
He was forced to step into Meat's shoes because Meat couldn't record BFG

But Meat recorded Dead ~~~~ing Ringer at the same time! You are inventing facts to suit your arguement. :wall:

Wario 10 Sep 2010 23:47

can people please rank the songs G-L?

duke knooby 10 Sep 2010 23:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarioLoaf (Post 518721)
can people please rank the songs G-L?

spot the wannabe mod

ive a question though...

are the songs being ranked as songs, or are the songs being ranked as that version of the song?