mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tyre Tracks & Broken Hearts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   71. A Kiss Is A Terrible Thing To Waste (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=952)

White of High 16 Apr 2003 15:06

71. A Kiss Is A Terrible Thing To Waste

This is the START OUT OF HELL & ARRIVE TO HEAVEN topic.
Let's Go to Rock 'n' Roll!!!!!!

A Kiss Is A Terrible Thing To Waste (10)

This is my second favourite song ever. (Only For Crying Out Loud can precede it) I love the art of Andrew Lloyd Webber and I don't understand why hasn't it been famous song. I think this is the best ALW song, better than Phantom Of The Opera but I like Sarah Brightman too. I know that POTO's sound is cleaner but I'd prefer the orchestra.
I love the beginning of the song and the "Tyre track and broken hearts" part. It's as same as in the middle of For Crying Out Loud.
When I didn't know it was from a musical I thought it's a mix of Jim's songs. Some lines from Peel Out and Lost Boys And Golden Girls.
I have the CD of Whistle Down The Wind and I love Bonnie Tyler's version too.

A question! What does it mean: If Only's - Cathy Porter. Who is she? Are these lines been by her?

My score: 10 or 11

Average: 8.28 (190.5/23)

Tim 16 Apr 2003 15:54

No not a 10.

This is a strange song. Not the best, but also not the worst........don't know what i will do with this song. The clip is great, i think, but the song.....

In a good mood i will give it a 9
In a bad mood i will give it a 5

White of High 16 Apr 2003 20:20

Tim!
When I count average which vote I use?

Tim 16 Apr 2003 20:22

Use a 7.5 :lol:

Oh, how terrible am i!!! :lol:

White of High 16 Apr 2003 20:24

Then you are happy! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Michel 16 Apr 2003 21:55

An amazing song. Great music, goog lyrics, typicial Jim lyrics.

My score: 8/9

Cloggy 16 Apr 2003 22:39

Hmmm definatly not my favorite. You just have to be in the mood for it.

6/10

White of High 16 Apr 2003 22:48

I note you don't like musical.
Hey everybody! Meat was a musical actor!

sherrie87 16 Apr 2003 23:00

My favorite version of this one is on the Storytellers DVD, but it was left off of the Storytellers CD, oddly.

Sherrie

Michel 17 Apr 2003 15:18

I have the audio version from Storytellers.

Cloggy 17 Apr 2003 20:37

Quote:

I note you don't like musical.
I like musical as in going to one.

heat 18 Apr 2003 09:01

I love this song - definately one of my faves. 8/10

Very dramatic, both Jim and Meat did a fantastic job with this one :twisted:

Heat
xxx

JacenSolo 21 Apr 2003 17:25

To me, this song has some great parts, I do love musicals (btw), and I like ALW.....sometimes I like this song, sometimes I skip it :twisted:
Over all....
My Score: 6

batloaf 06 May 2003 02:10

I'm not really a musical fan
and honestly saying this song can do little to me
the Bonnie tyler part is the best

6/10

White of High 06 May 2003 16:14

I think you mustn't sit into a theater for a Wagner opera.
Hey girls and boys! It's Webber! And I think it's his one of the best!!!

Bren 20 Jun 2003 22:03

Don't you just love this song.?The music is so good ,powerful and dramatic,just great.Meat's voice is wonderful,just as powerful,good lyrics
Love it
9/10

evil nickname 21 Jun 2003 01:46

Apart from the long note on "waste" (the one just before the solo) this song is fantastic. I'd give it a 8.5/10

badger 03 Jul 2003 00:52

A do like this song. It seems like a bit of a departure, as even though Meat and Jim have always produced very operatic songs, this one seems the most like a musical (i wonder why lol). I love the long "waste", I wonder if Meat has ever thought about being in an opera?

A great operatic:

8/10

mariella 24 Jul 2003 02:17

This song doesn't 'move' me at all. Think the lyrics are very good, voice also. Must be the music, I gues.

6/10

Mariella

Evan 24 Jul 2003 03:35

I truly bought The Very Best Of Meat Loaf cd just to hear this song. I love the "Whistle Down The Wind" version and this one isn't quite as good but Meat's voice is superb and the music is great to. This truly proves Jim to be the Little Richard Wagner of rock. I love the Bonnie Tyler appearance at the end. "Whistle" should have been big here in the states, it's a shame.

10/10

Bart 24 Jul 2003 10:25

This song is totally over the top and large than life. The best part is the tyre tracks part and that's not sung by Meat :? . It is a fantastic part full of energy. But i don't like musicals at all and this song well, i don't know, sometimes i like it but ..i just don;t know. It is not that great.

6/10
8/10 tyre tracks part

Jayd 24 Jul 2003 10:25

Not one of my faves, but it is good to listen too when in the right mood. 6/10 :)

Wild_Honey 24 Jul 2003 12:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bren The Bat
Don't you just love this song.?The music is so good ,powerful and dramatic,just great.Meat's voice is wonderful,just as powerful,good lyrics
Love it
9/10

I completely agree! :D One of my favs, 10/10. :bunny:

White of High 24 Jul 2003 12:25

I have a question: When did you start to like Meat Loaf? Cause A Kiss Is A Terrible Thing To Waste has - I think - ancient Jim Steinman basic. The melody's as same powerful as in For Crying Out Loud (with symphonic orchestra). I know it's a Webber song but Webber and Jim do same music (Phantom Of The Opera, A Kiss Is A Terrible Thing To Waste, Memory, Carpe Noctem, Opening Dance, etc.). They are mixing the exploding rockopera with the calm and slow musical. In all songs. Then I don't understand why don't you like Kiss when you like FCOL?

White of High 24 Jul 2003 12:26

Bart!
Then I will count with 7...