mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Coupe de Ville (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Autographs, fake or real. (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15647)

The Flying Mouse 01 Sep 2010 17:57

Autographs, fake or real.

:twisted: Time for another round :mrgreen:

A couple from the same seller on that paradise for autograph hunters that is ebay :facepalm:

Bat II cover

Bat II Meat in chair

The latter looks like a passable (if rushed) example and could well be legit.

The Bat II cover does not look right to me.
It looks like Meat has forgotton how to spell his name.

What is puzzling is that both have the same photo as evedence of it's genuine nature, yet the item signed in the pic is the same in both pics, and it's neither one of the signed items, it's a promo pic from the CHSIB era :wtf:
Photographic evedence that Meat Loaf held a pen in his hand once is proof of nothing.

So what do you think, real deal or fake?

Feel to join in if you're reading Mr Loaf :mrgreen:

allrevvedup 01 Sep 2010 17:58

neither looks like his signature but then if you're signing on the move it can be completely different.

LucyK! 01 Sep 2010 18:01

The second one could be genuine, though I've never seen him date things. The Bat II cover is hideous.

End of the day, the seller says that the pic is Meat "during that very signing" but he's not signing those pieces, so to be honest I'd assume they're talking crap.

AndyK 01 Sep 2010 18:01

Both as fake as a laugh at one of Neil's jokes. :))

The Flying Mouse 01 Sep 2010 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 515749)
Both as fake as a laugh at one of Neil's jokes. :))

:twisted: OW, You hurt me deep there Andy :doh:

wolfy35 01 Sep 2010 18:16

If windows had a bullsh** detector it would scream fake

If they were genuine and seller had taken the time to photograph Meat while signing the pic would show him signing the items . For a giggle I googled Meat loaf autographs and the same pictures were on the first page of results

CPDani 01 Sep 2010 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse (Post 515742)

A couple from the same seller on that paradise for autograph hunters that is ebay :facepalm:

Bat II cover

Bat II Meat in chair

What is puzzling is that both have the same photo as evedence of it's genuine nature, yet the item signed in the pic is the same in both pics, and it's neither one of the signed items, it's a promo pic from the CHSIB era :wtf:
Photographic evedence that Meat Loaf held a pen in his hand once is proof of nothing.

**The first autograph is NOT Meat's!!!! Looks pathetic!!
The second of the chair IS Meat's autograph. I have a few of his autographs and this looks exactly like his handwriting!

I love how people play games!

Sarge 01 Sep 2010 18:38

Some general advice: If the first letter looks strange or shaky and if a letter is not written in one go - be careful! How does someone sign? Is the person known for just signing with their name or do they add something (e.g. the date thing mentioned by Lucy). Another thing to check is if there are ink dots indicating that the pen rested in a particular place. If these dots appear in odd places you should be suspicious. Most people don't stop several times while writing their name. But this is hardly recognizable from a photo on the internet. That's why it's always risky to buy from eBay as you can hardly judge from a photo if a signature is authentic or not (unless it's very different from what the signature usually looks like or you are an autograph expert).

Better spend your money on one of those expensive M&Gs and let Meat sign an item of your choice. That way, you now it's really Meat's autograph and you have a nice reminder of a special event. ;)

Evil One 01 Sep 2010 18:43

I've never understood the big deal with autographs. What's so special about someone signing their name?

AndyK 01 Sep 2010 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil One (Post 515767)
I've never understood the big deal with autographs. What's so special about someone signing their name?

It's a huge deal when I write a cheque!

samurai7 01 Sep 2010 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 515769)

yeah, but that's because a) you're not the best at writing (bless!) and b) you're a Yorkshireman, and therefore tighter than a duck's ass, which we all know is watertight.

daveake 01 Sep 2010 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 515769)

That's because you're still on your original chequebook ;-)

samurai7 01 Sep 2010 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveake (Post 515774)
That's because you're still on your original chequebook ;-)

haha good one

daveake 01 Sep 2010 19:25

It hasn't seen the light of day in 10 years, aside of course from it's star turn on Antiques Roadshow the other week ...

The Flying Mouse 01 Sep 2010 20:37

:twisted: THread moved to the right forum.

I forgot we had this forum now :facepalm:

A Slice Of English 01 Sep 2010 20:40

The one in the chair looks a lot like the 10 by 8 I got from CdC during the Meat & Greet. The other doesn't look right.

eddy<meat-loaf>rocky 01 Sep 2010 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse (Post 515742)

Bat II cover

Bat II Meat in chair

hi if you are after a real meat loaf autograph i got his autograpaph off play .com he has signed his latest cd hang cool teddy bear http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/1370...&ob=Price&fb=0 its his genuine autograph as thirs a vid of meat loaf siging them for play .com

Wario 01 Sep 2010 22:25

Never knew this part of the forum existed... "COUPE de VILLE"???

Anywho, both are ass fake yo G

A Slice Of English 02 Sep 2010 00:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddy<meat-loaf>rocky (Post 515831)
hi if you are after a real meat loaf autograph i got his autograpaph off play .com he has signed his latest cd hang cool teddy bear http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/1370...&ob=Price&fb=0 its his genuine autograph as thirs a vid of meat loaf siging them for play .com

Yeah, I think most of us knew that as we all wanted the one he accidentally signed across the face of the girl...

GDW 02 Sep 2010 02:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil One (Post 515767)

Can I get your autograph?:-P

Fire Ball 02 Sep 2010 12:21

1st one is fake , 2nd is real
M

Steve6 02 Sep 2010 12:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Ball (Post 515989)
M

:metal:

Evil One 02 Sep 2010 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by GDW (Post 515910)
Can I get your autograph?:-P

It depends how much you want to pay! :lol:

Steve6 02 Sep 2010 12:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil One (Post 515993)
It depends how much you want to pay! :lol:

Loyal loafers shouldn't have to pay for a scribble. :cool:

Fire Ball 02 Sep 2010 12:32

I collect sports people and most were given to me by them . I love them and they are worth a lot of Money. I have a Babe Ruth worth about 15,000 dollars.He didn't give it to me of course. He died a month before I was born. I think I was henry the VIII and also babe ruth in anothre life. To bad I can't cut off heads anymore . There are few that would have been in a basket a long time ago. Then again mine might have been in a basket as well after the review of Bat in Rolling Stone in 77 . LOL

Danny 02 Sep 2010 12:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Ball (Post 515995)
I collect sports people and most were given to me by them . I love them and they are worth a lot of Money. I have a Babe Ruth worth about 15,000 dollars.He didn't give it to me of course. He died a month before I was born. I think I was henry the VIII and also babe ruth in anothre life. To bad I can't cut off heads anymore . There are few that would have been in a basket a long time ago. Then again mine might have been in a basket as well after the review of Bat in Rolling Stone in 77 . LOL

Anytime I read that you said you was also a little pussycat in another life :lol: Is this true :??:

Steve6 02 Sep 2010 12:40

Quote:

You were born on September 27th 1947...Babe Ruth died on August 16th 1948!!!;)

LucyK! 02 Sep 2010 12:41

Only on this forum can someone tell someone else their own date of birth! :p

Evil One 02 Sep 2010 12:44

I can understand the idea of having something you own signed by the artist, but the appeal of buying other people's autograph collections is lost on me. :shrug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve6 (Post 516002)
You were born on September 27th 1947...Babe Ruth died on August 16th 1948!!!;)

You were created in a chemical spillage about 20 years ago. :-P

LucyK! 02 Sep 2010 12:45

I'm with you there, the only things I have signed are Meet and Greet photos as they're personal, not really fussed about having albums signed as everyone has them, and I definitely wouldn't buy signed things from other people's collections/experiences

Steve6 02 Sep 2010 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil One (Post 516004)
You were created in a chemical spillage about 20 years ago. :-P

That explains the chemical imbalance in my brain LMAO!!!!!!!!

Fire Ball 02 Sep 2010 12:49

Well there goes all my pro baseball dreams !!
M

daveake 02 Sep 2010 12:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucy! (Post 516003)

Wario is hoping someone will tell him his own date of manufacture.

Fire Ball 02 Sep 2010 12:50

That's what Charles Manson told me . Right before I went running out the door.
M

Evil One 02 Sep 2010 12:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveake (Post 516008)
Wario is hoping someone will tell him his own date of manufacture.

What are the chances his parents were listening to Masculine at the time?! :cool:

Steve6 02 Sep 2010 12:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Ball (Post 516009)
M

What did you and Charles Manson talk about? Write up the conversation.

GDW 02 Sep 2010 13:24

Quote:

M

You should have got Charles Manson's autograph in blood. Would have been worth a fortune on ebay.:D

Sarge 02 Sep 2010 14:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil One (Post 516004)
I can understand the idea of having something you own signed by the artist, but the appeal of buying other people's autograph collections is lost on me. :shrug:

The situation in which I obtain a signature is more important to me than the signature itself. The autograph is just a souvenir, a reminder of a good show or a nice chat. I only have a few and I usually get them along the way, I'm not an autograph hunter. The one I cherish the most I got from Louisiana Red, a blues legend. I was very impressed by him, his passion for his music and how kind he was to everybody, so that one is special to me.

You can buy autographs but you can't buy experiences.

I'm not keen on buying autographs but if someone just likes to collect everything related to their favorite artist, actor or sportsman or autographs in general - that's fine. Some people don't have the chance to meet their favorite celebrities (especially if they are already dead) and depend on autograph dealers. Each to their own.

Devil's Son 02 Sep 2010 15:09

well, as sarge said, some never have the chance to meet their star in person. another reason to buy an autograph is you once had one and it got lost/destroyed.
but as sarge said as well, to me it is much more important under which circumstances you got it. every autograph i have (james stewart or robert beltran or alice kriege or ....) has its own story. and to me it is the story that counts and the autograph is a reminder of it
:devil:

24K 02 Sep 2010 15:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devil's Son (Post 516078)
but as sarge said as well, to me it is much more important under which circumstances you got it. every autograph i have (james stewart or robert beltran or alice kriege or ....) has its own story. and to me it is the story that counts and the autograph is a reminder of it

Yes i would agree, its the story behind the autograph that counts to me as well.

cujo 02 Sep 2010 16:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24K (Post 516082)
Yes i would agree, its the story behind the autograph that counts to me as well.

Does that include the one that he signed - then smudged - so you made him sign it again and personalise this time???

24K 02 Sep 2010 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by cujo (Post 516093)
Does that include the one that he signed - then smudged - so you made him sign it again and personalise this time???

LOL...forgot about that, it was funny !

Devil's Son 02 Sep 2010 18:26

:lol: can we have the whole story or is it too much off topic?

A Slice Of English 02 Sep 2010 18:53

Just to confirm. I was totally right.

loaferman61 02 Sep 2010 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucy! (Post 516003)

Hey you can be US President without proof so who needs to be right about it anyway?

The Flying Mouse 03 Sep 2010 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Ball (Post 515989)
M

:twisted: You could have at least give a spoiler warning :lol:

Thanks Meat :up:

suzieq 03 Sep 2010 22:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 515997)
Anytime I read that you said you was also a little pussycat in another life :lol: Is this true :??:

Quote:

M

:lmao:

Julie in the rv mirror 03 Sep 2010 22:24

Quote:

Then again mine might have been in a basket as well after the review of Bat in Rolling Stone in 77 . LOL

Who, Dave Marsh? I don't think that review was so bad, FWIW...He said you had "an outstanding voice". He was bit harder on Jim Steinman, but not so much, I don't think. (I know, easy for me to say).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarge
You can buy autographs but you can't buy experiences.

Absolutely. :cool: I only have a couple also, and they are special because of the context in which I got them. If you buy one, it's a nice collectible, but not the same. When I met Bruce, it never even occurred to me to ask for an autograph, and I honestly don't need one. :D

JaysScout 04 Sep 2010 22:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Ball (Post 516007)
Well there goes all my pro baseball dreams !!
M

Hold on to those pro baseball dreams M. You never know!!!!

Brad Matthews
Scouting Supervisor
Tampa Bay Rays

suzieq 04 Sep 2010 23:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaysScout (Post 516616)
Hold on to those pro baseball dreams M. You never know!!!!

Brad Matthews
Scouting Supervisor
Tampa Bay Rays

Hey Meat,
What are your stats? Looks like you are being scouted!!! :D
suzieq

JaysScout 05 Sep 2010 00:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzieq (Post 516621)
Hey Meat,
What are your stats? Looks like you are being scouted!!! :D
suzieq

I'm looking at Meat as more of a power hitter. I don't expect him to steal many bases and really don't care if he fields very well. The DH ( designated hitter ) role may suit him well. I'm thinking maybe 25-30 home runs a year with 100+ rbi's. Even if he can't reach those stats, I'd keep him on the club anyway.....just to hear him sing the National Anthem every night!!! LOL I think Meat would look GREAT in a Rays jersey.

suzieq 05 Sep 2010 00:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaysScout (Post 516634)
I'm looking at Meat as more of a power hitter. I don't expect him to steal many bases and really don't care if he fields very well. The DH ( designated hitter ) role may suit him well. I'm thinking maybe 25-30 home runs a year with 100+ rbi's. Even if he can't reach those stats, I'd keep him on the club anyway.....just to hear him sing the National Anthem every night!!! LOL

HA! So long as he doesn't end up in a mascot suit....I have no qualms about him singing the National Anthem. What say you Meat?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaysScout (Post 516634)
I think Meat would look GREAT in a Rays jersey.

Just to be the :devil: that I am.....let's be clear, Meat looks great in ANY Jersey. :eyebrows: