mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lost Boys and Golden Girls (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   New Lead Female Vocalist is..... (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8015)

JenniferSal 17 Sep 2006 19:28

New Lead Female Vocalist is.....

Aspen Miller from We Will Rock You fame. I wasn't going to post anything but she made the post public in her blog this afternoon. Kasim announced last night at his solo show they only literally just found her that afternoon and she was the 15th girl they auditioned. They really have been trying hard to find the right girl and I do think Aspen will do a great job. Everyone should give her a chance.

I'm not sure if the blog is public to all but here's the link if its allowed:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...d-6b90a3b6d2f0

Jen S.

duke knooby 17 Sep 2006 19:36

Well spotted Jenifer, thanks for posting. I'm not familiar with Aspen Miller at all.

duke knooby 17 Sep 2006 19:37

A 2 year tour, also great news!

Ankie 17 Sep 2006 19:38

Thanks Jennifer!

Ben 17 Sep 2006 19:40

shes hot!

Paul191 17 Sep 2006 19:41

Exellent! I'm glad someone has been found. I think she's quite hot aswell...... let's hope she sings great. She seems like a great choice so far!:D

Leah 17 Sep 2006 19:45

Thanks for the news and link. I've never heard of her either but I wish her luck for the upcoming Bat 3 tour.

Ma.Ra 17 Sep 2006 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonty1666 (Post 263835)
Well spotted Jenifer, thanks for posting. I'm not familiar with Aspen Miller at all.

Same here!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben (Post 263838)
shes hot!

Same here!:cool:

A good choice. But like the most, I will miss Patti so much, but a good choice.

mszee 17 Sep 2006 19:48

Thank you for the news!!!

Never heard of her but wish her lots of luck and hope to see many concerts with her being a successful lead singer for Meat Loaf

Eddie's Teddy 17 Sep 2006 19:49

Yeah, best of luck to her. I'm sure she'll do a good job. :up:

Bubbles 17 Sep 2006 19:50

she really does have a great voice guys!! listen on her website to that demo song, its quite good and her voice is brillaint IMO!!

and she looks a lot like patti dont you think?!

LucyK! 17 Sep 2006 19:52

Ahh you can't go wrong with a brunette....

Good luck!

Leah 17 Sep 2006 19:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucy! (Post 263846)
Ahh you can't go wrong with a brunette....

Good luck!

Never a truer word has been spoken Lucy!:D

I wish Aspen all the luck for it, I bet she's soooo excited!:D

Ma.Ra 17 Sep 2006 19:56

Link with a demo:

http://www.aspenmiller.com/demos.html

EDIT: But she has to learn that "Meat Loaf" are 2 words:cool: ;)

mszee 17 Sep 2006 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by macrapper (Post 263848)
Link with a demo:

http://www.aspenmiller.com/demos.html

EDIT: But she has to learn that "Meat Loaf" are 2 words:cool: ;)

Thanks for the demo - I think she has the right voice!!!

batcity 17 Sep 2006 20:00

aspen

she's a fox... mint babe, she'll do fine:D

hayley 17 Sep 2006 20:00

she does have a fantastic voice!!am really looking forward to hearing more from her!:D

LucyK! 17 Sep 2006 20:01

Plus if she's come from WWRY I'm sure she'll have Patti's approval...

TravisWRedfish 17 Sep 2006 20:02

She has a very nice young girl's voice. Unfortunately it's not a "powerful" female voice like that of Patti. With that said, I wish Meat and her the very best. It'll be interesting when the live shows take place how the public (and the critics) will react to Meat "molesting" a 27yr old who looks like a child, during "Paradise".

RadioMaster 17 Sep 2006 20:06

not a bad choice.
IŽm curious about the duets like drfl, paradise or even what about love with her.:D

Anybody knows if sheŽll be at RAH?

mszee 17 Sep 2006 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radiomaster (Post 263860)
not a bad choice.
IŽm curious about the duets like drfl, paradise or even what about love with her.:D

Anybody knows if sheŽll be at RAH?

If you listen carefully to her demo...you can hear the potential for Meat's duet...at least I am being VERY optimistic...

From her blog it looks like she WILL be at RAH

Eva 17 Sep 2006 20:08

Thank you Jen, for letting us know so quickly.
Love,
Eva

RadioMaster 17 Sep 2006 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by TravisWRedfish (Post 263857)
She has a very nice young girl's voice. Unfortunately it's not a "powerful" female voice like that of Patti. With that said, I wish Meat and her the very best. It'll be interesting when the live shows take place how the public (and the critics) will react to Meat "molesting" a 27yr old who looks like a child, during "Paradise".

I could imagine that they may change the paradise performance a little bit, without the making out, but something else, new.

WeŽll see...the future ainŽt what it used to be :))

mariella 17 Sep 2006 20:09

Fantastic voice and she looks great too - very good choice!

Welcome Aspen!:D

LucyK! 17 Sep 2006 20:09

I'd assume she'll be at RAH as it says on her blog that they're coming to the UK at the end of the month for promo. To be honest though, (and don't all dive down my throat with this one...) I would have thought he'd bring her to RAH, not only to get a show in before "proper" tour starts, but I can't see him doing a whole show with CC doing the lead female vocals on every track...

duke knooby 17 Sep 2006 20:10

yeah shes hot!

mszee 17 Sep 2006 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucy! (Post 263867)
I'd assume she'll be at RAH as it says on her blog that they're coming to the UK at the end of the month for promo. To be honest though, (and don't all dive down my throat with this one...) I would have thought he'd bring her to RAH, not only to get a show in before "proper" tour starts, but I can't see him doing a whole show with CC doing the lead female vocals on every track...

I don't think anybody will jump down your throat for sayin it...I couldn't imagine CC handling some of the lead vocals...nice background singer...but...

Sue K 17 Sep 2006 20:15

Quote:

you're just one big barrel of suzie sunshine aren't you ..??? :lol: ...

t...welcoming Aspen with open wingers to the meatie experience..and wishing her OH so much.. the best of luck... ;) ....

Vickip 17 Sep 2006 20:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by tink (Post 263877)

t...welcoming Aspen with open wingers to the meatie experience..and wishing her OH so much.. the best of luck... ;) ....

Right you are tink :-) She's got a great voice :))
I'm welcoming and wishing her the best of luck too !
Vicki

AndrewG 17 Sep 2006 20:24

She sounds absolutely fantastic! I would have preferred to hear her on Bat III with Meat!

Just shows you all this cotten pickin whining on this board is utterly pointless as usual. Let the pros sort it out, it will all be fine...

RadioMaster 17 Sep 2006 20:25

:))

Leah 17 Sep 2006 20:26

Yes we should welcome Aspen, it must be hugely daunting for someone to step into the shoes of a wonderful singer and person who has made the live experience of a Meat show even more thrilling. We all love Patti and hold a special place for her but we should welcome Aspen aboard, seeing as she's gonna be with us for the next 2 years! :D

Ankie 17 Sep 2006 20:29

Welcome, Aspen.

RadioMaster 17 Sep 2006 20:31

interesting name, dontcha think? never heard that name before...

Sue K 17 Sep 2006 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenniferSal (Post 263831)
Aspen Miller from We Will Rock You fame. I wasn't going to post anything but she made the post public in her blog this afternoon. Kasim announced last night at his solo show they only literally just found her that afternoon and she was the 15th girl they auditioned. They really have been trying hard to find the right girl and I do think Aspen will do a great job. Everyone should give her a chance.

I'm not sure if the blog is public to all but here's the link if its allowed:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...d-6b90a3b6d2f0

Jen S.

btw.. i think it's GREAT that she was in WWRY as some fans on board have seen her perform... and i think that ... in it's way... kindly paves her way a bit into the Meat experience...

i'd like to hear more from fans that have seen WWRY and Aspen's performance !

t....

mszee 17 Sep 2006 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radiomaster (Post 263901)
interesting name, dontcha think? never heard that name before...

It's a beautiful name...

It's a name of a beautiful tree and city in Colorado which is a big ski resort in the States

lorenzoduke 17 Sep 2006 20:33

Quote:

You think she looks like a child?!

Go borrow your grandma's glasses. :roll:

AndrewG 17 Sep 2006 20:34

Yeah much better name than Radiomaster. LOL.

RadioMaster 17 Sep 2006 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 263903)
It's a beautiful name...

It's a name of a beautiful tree and city in Colorado which is a big ski resort in the States

aint it a lake too?

mszee 17 Sep 2006 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radiomaster (Post 263906)
aint it a lake too?

I think there is such a lake...but I believe all the names originated from the name of the tree...

AndrewG 17 Sep 2006 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by lorenzoduke (Post 263904)

Yeah indeed. I believe the girl Billy Joel married was even younger!

mszee 17 Sep 2006 20:42

I don't believe age has anything to do with it...we are not talking about a couple...we're talking about two artists performing together...

RadioMaster 17 Sep 2006 20:44

right, itŽs about the music.

Ageing Bat 17 Sep 2006 20:44

There's nothing wrong with an age gap!! My husband's 2 days younger than Meat.... and I'm still a spring chicken! (well almost!)

Anyway, I digress...... I'm sure the crowd at RAH will do their absolute best to welcome Aspen. She's got a tough act to follow, but with encouragement and support she'll get through.

Leah 17 Sep 2006 20:45

I wonder how the rehearsals are going, she's sure got a lot to learn before RAH gig next month! :D

LucyK! 17 Sep 2006 20:46

Spot on, and I defend the age gap thing too! Bring on the older men!

AndrewG 17 Sep 2006 20:47

Bring on the older women too! LOL

Leah 17 Sep 2006 20:47

I've always opted for the older man!! :D ;)

Tim 17 Sep 2006 20:49

Who??????
Mmm... she never ever can replace Patti....

Is this girl famous, can she sing, i doubt if she even can come close to Patti... But lets give her a change (damn... i'm starting to look like a soft guy over here.. pfff)

Still, the comple idea makes me sick! No more Patti.

Paul191 17 Sep 2006 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim (Post 263929)
Who??????
Mmm... she never ever can replace Patti....

Is this girl famous, can she sing, i doubt if she even can come close to Patti... But lets give her a change (damn... i'm starting to look like a soft guy over here.. pfff)

Still, the comple idea makes me sick!

How do you know she can't replace Patti? Wow, it's either you can see into the future or you have some exclusive infomation your not sharing with us. I'd love to see it.

LucyK! 17 Sep 2006 20:53

Way to be supportive, well done Tim.

I think people need to stop looking at Aspen as the "Patti replacement" and start giving her credit as a singer in her own right - give the girl a chance before she "makes you sick"

mszee 17 Sep 2006 20:54

May I remind those who are now jumping up and down about age difference that Patti herself is "just a few years" younger than Meat?

Sapphire Lady 17 Sep 2006 20:59

Great news. Look forward to seeing Aspen at RAH.

TravisWRedfish 17 Sep 2006 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by lorenzoduke (Post 263904)

getting personal?! :shock: The media crucified Meat's performance with Kat McPhee, saying he looked like "a dirty old man", and that was only on IACBTMN. Meat is almost 60 yrs old, that's a fact. And nothing wrong with that. But the way we've seen Paradise performed, will be "interesting" to say the least with Aspen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 263939)
May I remind those who are now jumping up and down about age difference that Patti herself is "just a few years" younger than Meat?

Patti is not in her 20's and doesn't look like a schoolgirl. It's not about age, it's about perception. I didn't see the American Idol performance as "lecherous" but a lot of others did.

CarylB 17 Sep 2006 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by tink (Post 263877)

Which is exactly what we should do imo .. and I do :)

Lucy wrote:

I think people need to stop looking at Aspen as the "Patti replacement" and start giving her credit as a singer in her own right -

Exactly so .. And after 26 successful years I trust Meat's choice in recruiting a stage partner, and look forward to seeing her with him.

Caryl

AndrewG 17 Sep 2006 21:23

Well you guys can argue all you want but I ain't letting anybody or anything (ie media) spoil my enjoyment of this great music. This fussy attitude is exactly what Meat was referring to in his recent comments about the fan websites and to be honest I totally understand that because I don't see anything like this going on over on the Springsteen boards etc...

Ankie 17 Sep 2006 21:23

Going through the post that was found by Jennifer it appears Aspen is well aware of the fact it will be tough to fill in this place, that was taken by Patti this long.
Patti is Patti and we will remember her time with Meat with love and joy. Aspen is Aspen and we will be able to tell soon that we saw her on stage with Meat.

Sue K 17 Sep 2006 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by TravisWRedfish (Post 263955)
getting personal?! :shock: The media crucified Meat's performance with Kat McPhee, saying he looked like "a dirty old man", and that was only on IACBTMN. Meat is almost 60 yrs old, that's a fact. And nothing wrong with that. But the way we've seen Paradise performed, will be "interesting" to say the least with Aspen.

Patti is not in her 20's and doesn't look like a schoolgirl. It's not about age, it's about perception. I didn't see the American Idol performance as "lecherous" but a lot of others did.

others?..what others?..if i listened to what others as in my non-meatie friends..lol...said about my being a Meat fan..tuh... it's not the easiest thing in the world... so many just don't get it...

anyroad... i agree with what someone.. think it was mszee... sorry.. i'm losing my memory... quickasthis... said.. Meat and Aspen aren't dating... they'll be performing together... i have great faith in Meat that all will work out...

if we let it... ;) ...

t...

mszee 17 Sep 2006 21:27

Media crucifies everybody at one time or the other...so what else is new?

They have to sell their magazines/papers/shows...

But it is up to us fans to support decisions of our idol and stay positive and optimistic as much as we can...

For as much as Patti leaving is a shock...advent of Aspen is a hope for a new and bright future!!!

RadioMaster 17 Sep 2006 21:28

I said it once and IŽll repeat it: Nobody listens to critics!

Eva 17 Sep 2006 21:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ankie (Post 263962)
Patti is Patti and we will remember her time with Meat with love and joy. Aspen is Aspen and we will be able to tell soon that we saw her on stage with Meat.

I couldn't agree more!! ;) :D

PrissLoaf 17 Sep 2006 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Musicman (Post 263961)
...This fussy attitude is exactly what Meat was referring to in his recent comments about the fan websites and to be honest I totally understand that because I don't see anything like this going on over on the Springsteen boards etc...

??? hey, peoples' preference about what they like onstage cannot be right or wrong...it's an opinion.

I don't care for her voice. But I don't care for most female singers. That's a personal opinion.

That does not mean that I don't wish her well in her new role. I do.

And I wouldn't know what goes on at the Springsteen site, LOL, because I've never liked him either. :cool: To each their own.

clem 17 Sep 2006 21:35

can someone tell me the channel meat is on sky tonite

mszee 17 Sep 2006 21:37

After long deliberation I have to say this...

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE MEAT GOING AFTER A YOUNGER CHICK ON PARADISE!!!

Will show all of you young ones what we - "old folks" - are made of!!!

Sue K 17 Sep 2006 21:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by clem (Post 263987)
can someone tell me the channel meat is on sky tonite

lol.. bless you clem... you made me laugh.. HEY.. SOMEBODY HELP OUT CLEM HERE AY?

t... liking how .. perhaps without intent.. Clem lightened up the mood... lol...

AndrewG 17 Sep 2006 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrissLoaf (Post 263972)
??? hey, peoples' preference about what they like onstage cannot be right or wrong...it's an opinion.

I don't care for her voice. But I don't care for most female singers. That's a personal opinion.

That does not mean that I don't wish her well in her new role. I do.

And I wouldn't know what goes on at the Springsteen site, LOL, because I've never liked him either. :cool: To each their own.

I'm not saying anybody should NOT be fussy or NOT have opinions. I just think it's crazy that some poeple think it's strange that Meat may sometimes have negative views about his websites as some people here seem to prejudice things before they are done.

Deb 17 Sep 2006 21:47

ASPEN MILLER :shock: :cool: :D

WOW!!

As much as I really HATE to see Patti go. Aspen should slightly lessen the blow a bit ;) I saw in WWRY in Vegas and she can most definitely sing :D My only worry is she is young. But i'm sure they'll find some way to get around it. As far as everything else goes, she is amazing. She has the voice, looks and stage precense. Only problem for me is she isn't Patti :-( But I guess that's my problem and one i'll have to get used to :lol: That aside i'm sure she is the best choice. She is already good friends with John and Paul.

Welcome Aspen :D

Deb

Dave 17 Sep 2006 21:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deb (Post 264007)

WOW!!

As much as I really HATE to see Patti go. Aspen should slightly lessen the blow a bit ;)

Deb

I have to totally agree with you on this one! Well said!

PrissLoaf 17 Sep 2006 21:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSZEE (Post 263965)
Media crucifies everybody at one time or the other...so what else is new?

They have to sell their magazines/papers/shows...

But it is up to us fans to support decisions of our idol and stay positive and optimistic as much as we can...

For as much as Patti leaving is a shock...advent of Aspen is a hope for a new and bright future!!!

how does liking or disliking Patti or Aspen (or anyone else who shares the stage with Meat) translate into disliking, or not supporting, Meat? :?

Meat is a bombastic talent. Meat has the right to staff / cast / setup his stage show any way he chooses. I haven't seen anyone say differently. And I hope it's enormously successful for him. For Aspen too.

A new album and new tour are all about marketing. Translated = $$$$. Maybe Marion and Aspen are supposed to appeal to the younger fans instead of old broads like me ;)

But it isn't rocket science to know that what comes across as "sexy" between Meat and Patti could make some people uncomfortable with a 20-something in the role...

DIZZY DRUMMER 17 Sep 2006 21:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ageing Bat (Post 263921)
There's nothing wrong with an age gap!! My husband's 2 days younger than Meat.... and I'm still a spring chicken! (well almost!)

Anyway, I digress...... I'm sure the crowd at RAH will do their absolute best to welcome Aspen. She's got a tough act to follow, but with encouragement and support she'll get through.

Sarah

We sure will give her a warm welcome & encouragement - she has a fabulous voice - The Girl Done Good !!!

As for her age - WHAT DOES IT MATTER ???

How many women on here - young & old would love to be in her shoes !!!!!!! BE HONEST !!

Sue K 17 Sep 2006 21:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deb (Post 264007)

WOW!!

As much as I really HATE to see Patti go. Aspen should slightly lessen the blow a bit ;) I saw in WWRY in Vegas and she can most definitely sing :D My only worry is she is young. But i'm sure they'll find some way to get around it. As far as everything else goes, she is amazing. She has the voice, looks and stage precense. Only problem for me is she isn't Patti :-( But I guess that's my problem and one i'll have to get used to :lol: That aside i'm sure she is the best choice. She is already good friends with John and Paul.

Welcome Aspen :D

Deb

thanks for your input Deb ! i'm glad to see you say re: lessening the blow... that was my thought as well... for the fact that she was in WWRY... and glad to see you feel she has the voice.. and especially the stage presence... for the Meat experience.. that's as important as the voice... imo...

as for her not being Patti.. yes... but then.. who is? ... ;) ...

t...

Monstro 17 Sep 2006 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Musicman (Post 263998)
I'm not saying anybody should NOT be fussy or NOT have opinions. I just think it's crazy that some poeple think it's strange that Meat may sometimes have negative views about his websites as some people here seem to prejudice things before they are done.

Well said Musicman!!!

We all follow the man and his music, me I've been into it for 25 yrs now and as someone who hates change I'm as nervous as hell about it but I'm not gonna prejudge. Meat and NLE have chosen, we gotta put our faith in that, who better to decide on who sings the music than the people who make it.

Deb 17 Sep 2006 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by tink (Post 264019)
thanks for your input Deb ! i'm glad to see you say re: lessening the blow... that was my thought as well... for the fact that she was in WWRY... and glad to see you feel she has the voice.. and especially the stage presence... for the Meat experience.. that's as important as the voice... imo...

as for her not being Patti.. yes... but then.. who is? ... ;) ...

t...

Yeah I was thinking I wouldn't enjoy seeing anyone esle instead of Patti, but have to admit that I REALLY will enjoy seeing Apsen with Meat. Also to see her on stage with Paul & John visible this time lololol.

I'm afraid nobody is Patti :-(

Here's a pic of Aspen from wwry ..

http://www.debzwebz.biz/wwry/images/...promo%2010.jpg

Deb

Sue K 17 Sep 2006 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrissLoaf (Post 264017)
how does liking or disliking Patti or Aspen (or anyone else who shares the stage with Meat) translate into disliking, or not supporting, Meat? :?

Meat is a bombastic talent. Meat has the right to staff / cast / setup his stage show any way he chooses. I haven't seen anyone say differently. And I hope it's enormously successful for him. For Aspen too.

A new album and new tour are all about marketing. Translated = $$$$. Maybe Marion and Aspen are supposed to appeal to the younger fans instead of old broads like me ;)

But it isn't rocket science to know that what comes across as "sexy" between Meat and Patti could make some people uncomfortable with a 20-something in the role...

ooooo... i HATE doing this... speculating.. but.. shrig.. here goes.. i'll assume you're talking re: Paradise?.. and how do we even what Paradise will evolve into this time around?.. i'm a Meat fan only since Bat2.. and in that little time.. over those few years... i've seen that many different stage versions of Paradise... i look forward to hearing about the new version that will be viewed at RAH... in fact.. i'm really starting to get really excited about all this.. !... why.. it's always something magic.. always something new.. isn't it???....

t....

PrissLoaf 17 Sep 2006 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Musicman (Post 263998)

Meat has been justified in his negative views plenty of times. He has been attacked for his song choices, his voice, and everything else under the sun...on his own FAN SITE. :shock: But I think the admin and mods here do a very good job of keeping it under control. Some of the stuff on other sites is so vicious that I won't go there to read.

Liking or disliking another individual does not equate to disliking Meat. ;)

Every post I've made on this topic stresses that I wish Meat (and now Aspen) nothing but success.

Paul191 17 Sep 2006 22:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deb (Post 264025)
Yeah I was thinking I wouldn't enjoy seeing anyone esle instead of Patti, but have to admit that I REALLY will enjoy seeing Apsen with Meat. Also to see her on stage with Paul & John visible this time lololol.

I'm afraid nobody is Patti :-(

Here's a pic of Aspen from wwry ..

http://www.debzwebz.biz/wwry/images/...promo%2010.jpg

Deb

She looks fantastic...! Now I really can't wait for RAH!

AndrewG 17 Sep 2006 22:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deb (Post 264025)

Nice Pic. I think she will fit in with the band. :))

mikeloaf 17 Sep 2006 22:19

She deserves alot of credit. She's let fans know there will be a 2 year arena tour from next March. Very positive start!

sunneke 17 Sep 2006 22:30

she's wonderful, great voice, great looks!!!! Looking forward to hear you live Aspen!!!! Welcome!!!! I really hope to see and hear you at RAH!!!! Wow she can do the job!!

mikeloaf 17 Sep 2006 22:53

I can understand a few of the comments people have made about future performances of Paradise. Its a matter of social acceptance of what 'feels' right and wrong to see. The way to make it work would be to give her the domonant, I'm in control of the situation role. It maybe better as Meat nears 60 to drop the song altogether, and do something else.

Ankie 17 Sep 2006 23:04

Guess we best wait and see! It is only a month, before we will know ;) and I do not have to be a mind reader to know it will be busy here again after that show.

SamCat 17 Sep 2006 23:05

What a horrible thought!! I cant imagine a concert with no Paradise THAT wouldn't be right!! My solution if it doesn't look pc is i'll take my specs off and then everything looks good!!!

Tim 17 Sep 2006 23:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul191 (Post 263937)
How do you know she can't replace Patti? Wow, it's either you can see into the future or you have some exclusive infomation your not sharing with us. I'd love to see it.

Don't have any information.. but lets face it.. Patti was one hell of a singer!!! Her voice was great, she looked great, she has a ML attitude....

As for now, as far as i can hear and see this new girl, she is just missing something. I've heared the song on her page, watched some photo's... Well.. you can't compare two different people.

Let's hope it works out fine, and wait till the tour is coming.. you never know how it works out.... Then we can say more about her i think... And like earlier was written here... lets give her the credits as an artist.

Tim 17 Sep 2006 23:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucy! (Post 263938)
Way to be supportive, well done Tim.

I think people need to stop looking at Aspen as the "Patti replacement" and start giving her credit as a singer in her own right - give the girl a chance before she "makes you sick"

Do think you are quoting me there, refering to "making me sick"... it just has to do with the fact that Patti leaves... Just loved her.. has nothing to do with the new girl... Just the change of singers which is hard to deal with....

MissAsh 18 Sep 2006 00:26

That link didn't work for me (last blog entry it shows for me is from Aug 28th), but nevermind.

Welcome, Aspen.

Jeanie 18 Sep 2006 02:23

Ok, I have to admit that I don't like change either, so was quite upset with the news of Patti leaving the band..

That said, I checked out Aspen today when Jen posted the link to her blog and I visited her site. She reminds me of a younger version of Patti in looks, and I listened to the song on her website, and you could tell she was holding back, that there is a huge voice in there wanting out, and on stage with Meat, the 2 should sound very good, I think. :))

I will miss Patti, although now I look forward to seeing what Aspen & Meat can accomplish on the stage together.. :)

One era is over, but a new one begins.. :))

J. xo

samurai7 18 Sep 2006 02:37

It seems the blog entry has been removed, but if you look at the comments, a friend gives their congratulations on becoming the new female lead with Meat.

I am sad that Patti won't be at the RAH, but I look forward to seeing the 'new girl' and will reserve judgement until I've seen and heard her perform.

Now, I wonder if Patti fancies joining my tribute... lol! :D

Jeanie 18 Sep 2006 05:48

Meat asked me to tell you that.. quote " the woman is 28 not 16 and not my daughter!! SHE IS NOT A CHILD!! In movies this age differance happens all the time. We are performers, it is acting. If people have a problem with it, they are the one with the problem"
Meat

J.

Meataholic 18 Sep 2006 08:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanie (Post 264118)
Meat asked me to tell you that.. quote " the woman is 28 not 16 and not my daughter!! SHE IS NOT A CHILD!! In movies this age differance happens all the time. We are performers, it is acting. If people have a problem with it, they are the one with the problem"
Meat

J.

Thanks for passing on the message Jeanie.

I totally agree with what Meat says & I can't wait to see them performing together:D

Aspen appears to be the perfect choice - she has a wonderful voice & looks fantastically hot:D

Welcome Aspen.

Heather x

sunneke 18 Sep 2006 08:27

I think that we all must stop thinking that she won't be as good as patti was. We don't know!!!! Maybe she's a great singer! Give her the support she needs! I know i will!!! And paradise and you took: that's an act!!! don't forget that, nobody knows how much an actor she is!!! She looks good, and i will support her! It's said that patti left but hey, it's not the end of the world! Patti will do fine, whatever she chooses to do! That she wants te move on after 13 years, well i can understand that!

TravisWRedfish 18 Sep 2006 08:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by tink (Post 264026)
i'll assume you're talking re: Paradise?.. and how do we even what Paradise will evolve into this time around?.. i'm a Meat fan only since Bat2.. and in that little time.. over those few years... i've seen that many different stage versions of Paradise... i look forward to hearing about the new version that will be viewed at RAH...

Have I missed something? Ever since Meat did Paradise with Carla DeVito in the 70s, it's been the same more or less...The act has always consisted of a young couple that gets married, and as time has gone by, they've soured on each other to the point where Meat wants either for her to die or he to die because they can't go on this way and his morals won't allow him to break off with her. During the Phil Rizzuto baseball dialogue Meat has ALWAYS passionately made out with his partner, feeling her up, and kissing deeply (we've even seen tongues). This has always been a big part of the act, and with Patti it came across as funny because she being almost 40 and Meat almost 60 it was believable that they were a couple. Unless Meat plans on dressing Aspen in an old lady suit, I don't see how doing this act with a 27yr old would work! Let's forget that it may look kind've sick for a 60 yr old to be making out with and feeling up a 27yr old who looks like a teen...But when exactly did Meat's character marry this girl so many yrs ago that he's sick and tired of her, when he was 33 and she was in her diapers? I'm sorry but Aspen might have a great voice and may be able to pull off songs in the studio with Meat, and maybe even singing duets with him on stage, but I seriously think there's no way the stage performances will ever equal the powerful chemistry that Meat had with Patti. Chemistry can't be created, it just happens, and Meat had it with Patti...They just clicked on all cylinders. Anyone who ever saw Meat and Patti performing on stage together already knows this. I just hope those who go to see Meat and Aspen on stage together don't find out the hard way. :?

Meataholic 18 Sep 2006 09:48

I think it's important to remember that in Paradise it is the female who always wins:D

And don't forget about the versions we have seen where it is the female who is getting horny (like when Meat just wanted to play 'name the animal' & it was the woman who had other ideas;))

I think that Paradise will work perfectly with Meat & Aspen, afterall Travis, Aspen hardly looks innocent to me;)

Heather

AndyK 18 Sep 2006 10:06

Excellent choice, Aspen was fantastic in WWRY.

Welcome the the NLE :))

Deb 18 Sep 2006 10:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 264137)
Excellent choice, Aspen was fantastic in WWRY.

Welcome the the NLE :))

You saw Kacie ;)

AndyK 18 Sep 2006 10:11

I know who I saw ... and I also know who I've heard since then ;-)

LucyK! 18 Sep 2006 10:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanie (Post 264118)
Meat

J.

Just in case Meat's reading this I'd like to point out that I have no issue at all with age difference and I am available...! :lol:

Deb 18 Sep 2006 10:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 264139)
I know who I saw ... and I also know who I've heard since then ;-)

lmao!

I may just have a few little video clips from Aspen from the last night in Vegas floating around somewhere.... Have to go dig them out so you can all see she definately ROCKS!

Deb 18 Sep 2006 10:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucy! (Post 264140)
Just in case Meat's reading this I'd like to point out that I have no issue at all with age difference and I am available...! :lol:

• lmfao! Luc I think we / I made that clear at the golf :lol:

Age is but a number :D

I really think and have done since I saw Aspen that she is very similar to Patti.

LucyK! 18 Sep 2006 10:20

She certainly looks similar to Patti, I was shocked at the likeness when I saw her MySpace pics.

And as for the golf I have no idea what you're talking about Deb...!!!!

Jayd 18 Sep 2006 11:19

I personnaly don't think age should come into it, it is an act, actors deal with this sort of thing all them time. People who see it as funny, or perverted, need to get into the real world. On the note of Aspen, she seems like a good replacement, but she does look a bit on the small side though, from what I have seen in pics. Not that this should be any problem, if she has a great voice, just something I noticed. :D