mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Coupe de Ville (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Here we Go Folks... (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15030)

The Flying Mouse 14 Jun 2010 22:07

:twisted: For some reason, the shapen pic discs are one thing i've never collected :shrug:
I dare say i'll get round to them one day.

THe ones I know of are the two guitar shaped (American flag & union jack guitars) and the bike from Bad Attitude (without rider).

Think there was one with the rider too.

Monstro 14 Jun 2010 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarge (Post 500556)

As far as I know, there are six Meat Loaf shape discs.

I'm stuck on four, can't for the life of me think of the other two

ok up to five now

The Flying Mouse 14 Jun 2010 22:10

:twisted: Piece Of The Action skull.

Forgot that one.

Sarge 14 Jun 2010 22:15

There is also a Getting Away With Murder shaped disc.

The Flying Mouse 14 Jun 2010 22:16

:twisted: That's right, the mug shot one :up:

Sarge 14 Jun 2010 22:21

Exactly. :lawl:

The Flying Mouse 14 Jun 2010 22:26

:twisted: So there hasn't been a shaped disc since the BBIS album.

There were a couple of pic discs for Bat III, meaning that by far the worst albums for vinyl releases are CHSIB (album on vinyl in small quantities, no singles) and HCTB (album out in unknown quantities, no singles, not even a CD).

Pudding 14 Jun 2010 22:53

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...g/IMG_8267.jpg

Here's the shaped picture discs I've got. Excuse the state of the pool table it needs a good clean.

Top from left: Rock'n'Roll Mercenaries. Getting Away With Murder and a different Rock'n'Roll Mercenaries.
Bottom from left: Modern Girl, Piece Of The Action, Nowhere Fast.

Sarge 14 Jun 2010 23:00

Nice. :-) I have only three (Union Jack Les Paul guitar, skull and motorcycle). The Modern Girl disc came along with a poster, as far as I remember.

Pudding 14 Jun 2010 23:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarge (Post 500573)
The Modern Girl disc came along with a poster, as far as I remember.

Yes it did ;)

faolteam 14 Jun 2010 23:13

ah lads i have loads i cant fit them all on the bed

i dont have chsib my mistake

there is a orange i think its a ep version in orange

i have a few cut out one there the jaw , john parr rock n roll mercenaries uk american flag,

the clear vinyl was going for 50 - 75 sterling years ago

i have

my drumstick stand out i caught it at concert

i honestly think i have everything well at least 90 %:lol:

Monstro 14 Jun 2010 23:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pudding (Post 500571)
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...g/IMG_8267.jpg

Here's the shaped picture discs I've got. Excuse the state of the pool table it needs a good clean.

Top from left: Rock'n'Roll Mercenaries. Getting Away With Murder and a different Rock'n'Roll Mercenaries.
Bottom from left: Modern Girl, Piece Of The Action, Nowhere Fast.

Jealous..........I want a pool table!!!!!

faolteam 14 Jun 2010 23:56

No its not ,Bottom line,

its the official Special 10" Edition Getting Away With Murder 10 inch pull out.

Sarge 15 Jun 2010 00:05

I actually asked about the one behind it, the red vinyl record. I'm curious, sorry. :sherlock:

faolteam 15 Jun 2010 00:28

aplogies,

but nobody answered my original q

what is the rarest or worth most Cd

Sarge 15 Jun 2010 00:31

Regular releases or promo CDs?

One very rare CD is surely Blind As A Bat.

duke knooby 15 Jun 2010 00:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarge (Post 500599)
Regular releases or promo CDs?

One very rare CD is surely Blind As A Bat.

have you ever counted how many times the lyric blind as a bat is used on that song?

a great 4 minute song padded out to ~~~~~~y

Monstro 15 Jun 2010 00:44

Would have to be a promo cd, one of the never released singles I suppose, the CHSIB album promo doesn't appear often (the one with the diff playlist)

Sarge 15 Jun 2010 00:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 500600)
have you ever counted how many times the lyric blind as a bat is used on that song?

a great 4 minute song padded out to ~~~~~~y

Maybe they tried to imitate Steinman's style? Objects in The Rearview Mirror would be half as long if the chorus wasn't repeated a hundred times. :))

Some other CDs I think that are rare: Special Girl, Heroes, Amnesty Is Granted (promo), Because Of You (promo), Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad (Live with the MSO; promo). :??:

I don't avidly collect CDs, so I have no idea which Meat CD the rarest or most valuable is. Does anybody know for sure?

P.S.: How about that limited two-disc edition of Bat II (the one with the grey cover and the fold-out poster) or the Australian edition of CHSIB?

Pudding 15 Jun 2010 01:06

There's a 24K Gold Bat CD on Ebay --->HERE selling for US$199, some would say that's rare, I'd say it's taking the piss. The person is probably related to someone who's making gold record displays.

Sarge 15 Jun 2010 01:22

LOL, I wonder who would pay that much? It can't be that rare, I've seen many of those on eBay.

Pudding 15 Jun 2010 02:26

Maybe this is a poll Warioloaf could do to gauge which CD people think is the rarest :shrug:

AndyK 15 Jun 2010 10:27

In terms of CDs I think the Amnesty Is Granted promo or the Because Of You Promo are the rarest, they're certainly the two I've seen least of over the last few years.

As for vinyl rarities probably the CHSIB album for 12" and the 7" vinyl is more than likely the early 70's More Than You Deserve, although the Surfs Up master acetate pressing I've got possibly rates up there as well ;-)

GDW 15 Jun 2010 11:00

I have a Bat Out Of Hell 2 CD that has Down Under Limited Edition printed on it. The Bat is facing the other way( Bat on the left and the words are in a different print). I also got it signed by Meat Loaf after his concert in Perth in 1993. He thought it was a bit unusual. I don't think there would be too many of these.

LucyK! 15 Jun 2010 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 500487)
Isn't the Blue vinyl a Steinman release from Bad For Good? Think I've got one lurking in my collection somewhere.

It's Steinman's version of Rock and Roll Dreams...I bought you it!