PDA

View Full Version : The pleasure drivers

chrissylf22
16 Mar 2007, 13:06
Don't know if this has been posted

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pleasure-Drivers-Lacy-Chabert/dp/B000N942WU/ref=sr_1_3/026-6011013-7858043?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1174046699&sr=8-3

JanT
23 Mar 2007, 22:16
I sat and watched The Pleasure Drivers last night and have just one question.

WHY was it called The Pleasure Drivers ???

The title seemed to bear absolutely no relevance to the film. :shock:

djfierce
24 Mar 2007, 00:22
is it any good?

Monstro
24 Mar 2007, 00:59
never heard of it

JanT
25 Mar 2007, 01:26
is it any good?

Depends on what type of film you like. This struck me as a cross between Love Actually, Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill if that's any help. I'm not going to critisize it, will just say I won't be watching it again.

djfierce
26 Mar 2007, 23:26
wow thats a funny cross lol
Will probably rent it to watch out of curiosity like all Meat films anyway.
Thanks Jan :))

Blackkat13
27 Mar 2007, 09:14
Wonder if blockbuster would have it in yet..... So let me guess ml + bad guy = death scene?????? Just wondering?

Oh Yeah Jan Here's Your Answer on the being like Pulp Fiction

Got This off of Netflix

When white-trash "caregiver" Daphne (Lauren Holly) discovers the father of the mentally unstable man she looks after won't pay up, she kidnaps his daughter (Steffany Huckaby) and holds her for ransom. Intertwining stories involve a cuckolded professor (Angus Macfayden) and a lesbian hit woman. Lacey Chabert, Billy Zane and Meat Loaf co-star in this stylish thriller from Andrzej Sekula, who was Quentin Tarantino's cinematographer for Pulp Fiction.

meat_loaf
29 Mar 2007, 13:53
A Friend of Mine copied my the film on DVD i havent got round to watchin it & dont know if i will i just like collecting anything meat loaf related i have so many of his films which i still havent watched!!!

JanT
29 Mar 2007, 14:24
Wonder if blockbuster would have it in yet..... So let me guess ml + bad guy = death scene?????? Just wondering?

He's in it 45 minutes into the movie for about 10 minutes, then around two chapters before the end he's in it for about another five minutes where he begs for his life then just sort of dies. There was nothing good about his part. I really didn't want to critisize so am going to shut up now.

LucyK!
28 Jun 2007, 10:16
We spotted The Pleasure Drivers in Blockbuster and rented it purely on the basis it's a Meat film we hadn't seen...well, it's a good job we at least had Meat to watch :shock:

The film is awful, truly. There DVD cover describes the film as having "three separate interconnected stories", which in theory it does but they just make no sense. There's one main story going on, and the other stories do sort of link, but they're irrelevant - the other stories and characters could be taken out of the film and it would make no difference.

Meat's performance was spot on :up: Although Meat always delivers a top notch performance and is a great actor, I always struggle watching him in films as I find it difficult to separate the character from the wonderful guy we've just seen on tour...Meat plays a drug runner in this film and he plays it well, the big southern accent also makes an appearance ladies! :)) Well done Meat :up:

Like I said, thank goodness for Meat being in the film as otherwise I would have turned it off about a half hour into it. The stories don't flow well, the details are irrelevant to the plot line...just awful. If it wasn't for Meat scenes and the girl in her thigh-high boots at the beginning I honestly couldn't tell you what happened :shock: