PDA

View Full Version : Possible album delay

ChrisBelfast
27 Mar 2003, 10:23
Amazon.de have CHSIB the single at a release date of 14th April. That means we have 3 Meat Loaf releases (in the UK anyway) week after each other.

This Monday 31st is the album
Next Monday after that is the Bat out of hell 25th year anniversary cd and dvd
Then the next Monday, 14th April, the CHSIB single is released
Plus Meats doing a lot of promo over the next week in UK - Radio 2, Virgin Radio, and Newcastle radio to name a few!

One worrying thing though is HMV.co.uk announced the album like everywhere else as 31st March - now they've changed it to April 7th - a week later. Everywhere else still says 31st March (Amazon/Play). With Meats UK promo next week this would sound a better release date and give him a week in the UK to promote it before its release. Keep an eye out this album might be delayed, or already have been!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
27 Mar 2003, 13:02
:??: I have just had an email from amazon.co.uk saying that the album is not due for release until 14.04.03 is there any truth to this?????

Bart
27 Mar 2003, 13:17
R., help us out here!

Ben
27 Mar 2003, 13:28
Possible album delay

Please god, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! i cant wait much longer!!

mellis107
27 Mar 2003, 13:56
I had the same email from Amazon!!

mikey

ChrisBelfast
27 Mar 2003, 14:11
I'd say the e-mail from amazon (which i also got) pretty much confirms it. In a way, for the good of the album - im glad its postponed as it now gives Meat time to promote it over in the UK. I know he has many dates over here for promotion, which would have been a waste if the album was out March 31st and the promo started April. The album should do much better with promo. I guess i have expected this as i thought it was strange to release an album and then promote it the week after its release.

Although this is very disappointing - think of it in terms of Meat Loaf - it will help his album sales and gives the album a good chance of getting number 1 if its promoted well. A lot of albums which get little promo flop - its makes such a difference so i wish Meat well on his promo visit to england. Lets make sure this CD is featured on every radio station and TV music show!!!!!!!

ChrisBelfast
27 Mar 2003, 14:28
I can also confirm the single 'Couldn't Have Said it better' is now due out on the 21/04/03 - a week's delay!- All i know of the single release is that its an enhanced cd which propbably means there's a video of some sort on there and that there will be 2 releases (just like DIST) - the song 'Unsaid' will be featured on either one or both of the cds released.
All this delaying is a shame but it gives Meat more time to promote it and so far out of all the feedback given from people who have heard demos this album is truely dervant of a high chart position and great sales and if marketed right there is every chance it lights up the UK charts. (which i am informed Meat asked for himself - this was his decision to delay after a fight with the record company) everything also makes sense now - also if you turn your radio on at 2.00 here in the UK, tune into radio 2 and hear Meat on the Steve Right show!

R.
27 Mar 2003, 19:22
Don't know where you people got these release dates from.
Have these dates been confirmed by Meat's management or the record company?

However,
on Feb, 22nd the following release dates have been posted here as:

March 31st for the album (Europe)
April 21st for the single (Europe and UK) and
May 5th for the album (UK).

Where's the delay???

Anonymous
27 Mar 2003, 20:03
R

Just because the dates where posted here doesnt mean they arent subject to change. You don't know everything! Sorry but you don't always post the facts here at all times
Amazon, HMV and high street stores have all given the different dates. Amazon is April, Play.com in March and HMV music store is March. Meat said on an interview today that the dates keep changing, he never gave an exact one. He laughed it off. Up until today every golden disks/HMV store in the UK said it was on their last as coming to them March 31st. Now apparently its been changed to April 14th!!!?????

R.
27 Mar 2003, 20:12
R

Just because the dates where posted here doesnt mean they arent subject to change. You don't know everything! Sorry but you don't always post the facts here at all times

True, we just post what's confirmed as the rest is just a rumour.

ChoccyBat
27 Mar 2003, 21:27
Well Meat himself - under his "Fireball" name - posted a message saying album out here "first week in April." It can't be rumour if it comes from the man himself!! Thats where we get our info from - Meat himself and the record stores who sell the album. As someone said earlier, it tends to be more informative looking on the forums rather than the news section of mlukfc - as you said a lot of it is rumours and rubbish, but a lot is also true!

R.
27 Mar 2003, 21:54
Reference, please.

loaferman61
27 Mar 2003, 23:53
Great. After waiting paitently for ages for the album I should have known this was guaranteed to happen. I am sure the " I got mine" promo copy bunch is thrilled. At least a couple more weeks of hearing that stuff. Oh well, back to those repeating kazzaa clips for us poor folk.

Garrett
28 Mar 2003, 14:25
I've got the very latest information from amazon.de today.

The album is going to come out in Germany, Netherlands and most of rest of Europe on March 31st! In the UK it will be released on April 7th! The single CHSIB comes out on April 14th!

dottie
30 Mar 2003, 21:51
HMV IN HOUNSLOW - WEREN'T EVEN AWARE THAT MEAT HAD ANY NEW MATERIAL COMING OUT - IS THIS A RECORD? IN STUPIDITY I THINK!!! 8O

gerard359
31 Mar 2003, 00:41
ok, hi everyone this is my first post, please tell me why the hell this keeos happening,but as of now the official Meat site says the album is now coming out on the 4th of April, and also that it is subject to change, why??????????????????????????????

mariella
31 Mar 2003, 00:55
The album will be out in most of Europe today, but not in the UK.
That will be the second half of april, I think. But the date for the UK keeps changing, so?

Dear Dottie,
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You know just HOW much I love you!
Thanks for making me feel 'less' stupid!!!
So good to have you back!

Mariella

Vickip
31 Mar 2003, 02:56
ok, hi everyone this is my first post, please tell me why the hell this keeos happening,but as of now the official Meat site says the album is now coming out on the 4th of April, and also that it is subject to change, why??????????????????????????????

Hi Gerard
Welcome to the forum :)

I think the reason they changed the date from March 31st originally was to give Meat more time to promote the new CD in the UK. I'm not sure why the Official Site says April 4th - I got a message from Amazon.com.uk stating that it won't be available until April 14th :)

But at least that's better than having to wait until August for it here in the United States !!

Vicki

Vickip
31 Mar 2003, 03:17
I've got the very latest information from amazon.de today.

The album is going to come out in Germany, Netherlands and most of rest of Europe on March 31st! In the UK it will be released on April 7th! The single CHSIB comes out on April 14th!

Thanks for the update Garrett !
Vicki

dottie
31 Mar 2003, 11:59
The album will be out in most of Europe today, but not in the UK.
That will be the second half of april, I think. But the date for the UK keeps changing, so?

Dear Dottie,
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You know just HOW much I love you!
Thanks for making me feel 'less' stupid!!!
So good to have you back!

Mariella

glad to be back but now I cann't get rid of tenerife thing - have done what R. stated but it won't disappear :roll: Oh its gone at last :D

Anonymous
31 Mar 2003, 14:29
I've just been into HMV (in the UK) and they said album will be out on 5 April. Confusing or what ???

The Flying Mouse
31 Mar 2003, 17:38
:twisted: I've just checked the HMV website and phoned their Liverpool branch,and both say the 7th :? .

dottie
31 Mar 2003, 19:03
Thanks Flying Mouse for info - maybe that branch should ring the Hounslow Branch and tell them- As Victor Meldrew would say"I really don't know"

Cloggy
31 Mar 2003, 19:50
Got a message from amazon.de that they send my cd :)

Vickip
31 Mar 2003, 20:38
Got a message from amazon.de that they send my cd :)

That's great - hope you get it soon :)

I just went to the site, and now they say it won't be sent out for 4-5 days.
Oh well .... I'll get mine eventually.

Vicki

Bart
31 Mar 2003, 22:40
heaven blesses those who wait
patience is a virtue son

But i cannot wait any longer....

Vickip
01 Apr 2003, 00:06
patience is a virtue son

Yes ... it's getting harder and harder to wait
But I just keep telling myself it'll be worth it :)

Vicki

dottie
01 Apr 2003, 10:03
patience is a virtue son

Desiderata - God give us the patience to accept that we which we cannot change. I think thats how it goes anyway

mariella
01 Apr 2003, 10:13
...and to change the things we can...and the wisdom to know the difference!

The waiting will be over soon!

Morning Dottie,

So glad you are back! :bunny:

Another great day,

Mariella

dottie
01 Apr 2003, 10:21
...and to change the things we can...and the wisdom to know the difference!

The waiting will be over soon!

Morning Dottie,

So glad you are back! :bunny:

Another great day,

Mariella

You are a brain box after all :o

Bart
01 Apr 2003, 13:53
Well, Garret. No album here in Holland. They don't know nothing. Recordshops know nothing, recordcompany knows nothing. So, i don't expect any album for the next few weeks to come.

White of High
01 Apr 2003, 14:06
In Hungary in the stores they know nothing about Meat's new album. They didn't know he gave out a new album... :idea:

Cloggy
01 Apr 2003, 17:58
It's a pain to buy albums in holland that aren't aimed at the popular audience. I remember trying to buy life around the world and storytellers in a store......ended up buying it online.

Guppie
01 Apr 2003, 19:44
Well, Garret. No album here in Holland. They don't know nothing. Recordshops know nothing, recordcompany knows nothing. So, i don't expect any album for the next few weeks to come.
Bart, if you order it online (bol.com), you should have it in 2 workdays, so that would be thursday.

Cloggy
01 Apr 2003, 20:25
There are 2 special editions on bol.com, 1 is way more expensive and longer delivery time. Dunno the difference tho, they don't show pics yet neither.

Guppie
01 Apr 2003, 20:55
Two special ones? I found the regular one and the one where it says "special edition" . Mine is EUR 20,49

Cloggy
01 Apr 2003, 21:05
Link. (http://www.nl.bol.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/nl/-/EUR/BOL_DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=-ZWhvPcXrOWhvMmeG4yfixfEjbkPUyORj3o=?BOL_OWNER_ID=1000004003036628&Section=MUSIC&lgl=1&plid=&lgl_BOL_OWNER_ID=1)

This is the other one.

Edit (R.): Link shortened.

Bart
01 Apr 2003, 21:18
Thanx. But i just wanna buy it in the shop. It doesn't make any sense if you say that they only put popular stuff in the shops. In the eighties they always had Meat's album on time, on the same date of it's release. They just made some very stupid mistakes in the supplies. If i am gonna order it online now, maybe i will get it at the same time it will arrive in the shops. I am very sad though...i am just a huge fan who has been waiting for so long time. I have been looking forward to this day for about the last 2 months or so. My girlfriend says i am crazy: get a life or something. But i cannot help it, i just want this album :cry: :cry: and i want to buy it in the shop like i always have..

Cloggy
01 Apr 2003, 21:31
In the eighties they always had Meat's album on time, on the same date of it's release.

That's 20 years ago :)

Bart
01 Apr 2003, 22:09
booh is 25 years ago.

Guppie
01 Apr 2003, 22:58
Link.

This is the other one.
I just saw, they now changed the price of the special edition AND it says that it is available in 4-6 weeks! But they confirmed me the special addition for the price of the regular one, so now I'm totally confused. /me is f*cked up little fishy right now, he he... Oh well... I'll just have to wait, I'll get it eventually.

Anonymous
01 Apr 2003, 23:11
CHSIB THE SINGLE RELEASED ON 21ST APRIL IN UK,,CHSIB THE ALBUM ON MAY 5TH,,TV APPEARANCES = THE KELLY SHOW , NATIONAL LOTTERY ,GRAHAM NORTON ,PARKINSON ,CD UK ,TOP OF THE POPS,,DID I SAY THAT WILL BE THE SECOND SINGLE RELEASED IN UK IN JULY,THERE WILL BE A THIRD SINGLE RELEASED IN THE UK AROUND OCTOBER,NOVEMBER TIME ,,TO GO WITH THE TOUR,,4 MORE CONCERTS TO BE CONFIRMED IN UK,,THIS INFO CONFIRMED JUST 2 HOURS AGO

mariella
01 Apr 2003, 23:15
That's great, so many tv shows!
This is going to be a fantastic year!

Mariella

Guppie
01 Apr 2003, 23:20
yep. And the calendar works great too. tomorrow on zdf he's on a talkshow. I'll make sure to set my vcr.

Cloggy
01 Apr 2003, 23:50
But the eighties aren't ;)

/picky

Guppie
02 Apr 2003, 00:01
But the eighties aren't ;)

/picky
I don't quite understand what you are responding too, could be me... I'm blonde :D

Ben
02 Apr 2003, 01:21
Couldnt have said it better has been delayed in the UK till 7/4/03 for meat to do more prmo work in the UK, according to the site calander meat is back in germany doing radio shows etc. so where is the promo in the uk? all that i know of is sat on the lottery and sun on virgin radio, anyone have ne more info on this?

Dick
02 Apr 2003, 09:11
GRAHAM NORTON ,PARKINSON ,CD UK ,TOP OF THE POPS

O.K, I dont know about the last three but i know that Meat WONT be on Graham Norton, because i spoke to Meat by a P.M and he told me that he cant do Graham Norton because when Meat is in the U.K Graham is in New York for a week.

dottie
02 Apr 2003, 10:38
Thanx. But i just wanna buy it in the shop. It doesn't make any sense if you say that they only put popular stuff in the shops. In the eighties they always had Meat's album on time, on the same date of it's release. They just made some very stupid mistakes in the supplies. If i am gonna order it online now, maybe i will get it at the same time it will arrive in the shops. I am very sad though...i am just a huge fan who has been waiting for so long time. I have been looking forward to this day for about the last 2 months or so. My girlfriend says i am crazy: get a life or something. But i cannot help it, i just want this album :cry: :cry: and i want to buy it in the shop like i always have..

Yeh! I have the same response Bart - and I'm not a SAD person (meaning I'm not anorak or trainspotter) :lol: People just do not understand our affilation with this guy called Meatloaf :wink:

Guppie
02 Apr 2003, 11:01
My girlfriend says i am crazy: get a life or something. But i cannot help it, i just want this album :cry: :cry: and i want to buy it in the shop like i always have..
8O Tell your girlfriend to go wash her mouth with soap immediately! :D

Anonymous
02 Apr 2003, 12:10
:( Just got an Email from amazon to inform me that the release has been pushed back again and is now the 21st April in the UK

Guppie
02 Apr 2003, 12:36
Just read on the Dutch forum that one of the members was able to buy the CD in Nijmegen. So there's hope yet.. :?

Shane
02 Apr 2003, 12:56
CHSIB THE SINGLE RELEASED ON 21ST APRIL IN UK,,CHSIB THE ALBUM ON MAY 5TH,,TV APPEARANCES = THE KELLY SHOW , NATIONAL LOTTERY ,GRAHAM NORTON ,PARKINSON ,CD UK ,TOP OF THE POPS,,DID I SAY THAT WILL BE THE SECOND SINGLE RELEASED IN UK IN JULY,THERE WILL BE A THIRD SINGLE RELEASED IN THE UK AROUND OCTOBER,NOVEMBER TIME ,,TO GO WITH THE TOUR,,4 MORE CONCERTS TO BE CONFIRMED IN UK,,THIS INFO CONFIRMED JUST 2 HOURS AGO

Who is this? Is this you Meat/Fire Ball? If not, then who are you, where did you get this information from, and how can we be sure this information is reliable?

May 5th was the original UK release date, if my memory is working correctly. Then it was brought forward to 31 March, and now, according to this information, it looks like it is being pushed all the way back again.

ChoccyBat
02 Apr 2003, 14:24
This seems to be very clever - but annoying - marketing. As in, how to build up massive anticipation for an album so it flies out of the shops when it arrives. I just hope it doesn't backfire by everyone buying it online and it bombing in our charts.

Anonymous
02 Apr 2003, 16:56
I CANT SAY, BUT I CAN PROMISE THE INFO IS CORRECT,,MEAT IS VERY PLEASED WITH THE RESPONSE TO CHSIB,,AND A SELECTED FEW WILL BE SENT AN E MAIL,FROM MEATS MANAGEMANT TEAM,JUST TO SAY THANK YOU,,ABOUT 5 OR SO MEMBERS FROM A COUPLE OF SITES

KEEP ROCKING

ChrisBelfast
02 Apr 2003, 17:03
please don't stop there announcer - please tell us ANYTHING more you know..... do u know if any of the 4 dates TBC on the tour involve Ireland or N.Ireland?