PDA

View Full Version : Any Live Clips Of DO IT???????

mattloaf
15 Aug 2006, 13:26
hi all

if anyone has any live concert footage of meatloaf singing DO IT any chance u can upload to www.youtube.com

i love that one.

matty

The Flying Mouse
15 Aug 2006, 13:29
:twisted: The only live version that springs to mind right now is the one on the Mexico City show.

mattloaf
15 Aug 2006, 14:18
do u have a copy to put on youtube? mind u he was always singing that live. i saw him twice the one at wembely when he passed out and the re date.

matty

The Flying Mouse
15 Aug 2006, 14:41
:twisted: The day I work out how to put a vid online satan will go to work on a snow plough :lmao:

Lord Kagan
15 Aug 2006, 15:02
Theres a video on republic of loafdom

samurai7
15 Aug 2006, 17:24
Don't want to risk the fury of the mods, but didn't Meat mime 'Do It' in concert? The whole band (plus Meat) had those weird masks on, and I could have sworn from the Cardiff show (and the Mexico City vid) that it's the vocals off the album?!?! :?

Lord Kagan
15 Aug 2006, 17:33
Just because he wore a mask doesnt mean he mimed to do it

samurai7
15 Aug 2006, 18:10
Just because he wore a mask doesnt mean he mimed to do it

I actually said that the vocals sounded the same as the album. That's why I think he mimed. Not because he was wearing a mask. Can you read!? :-P

Lord Kagan
15 Aug 2006, 18:43
and I could have sworn from the Cardiff show (and the Mexico City vid) that it's the vocals off the album?!?! :?

That doesnt imply the Mexico city concert that the vocals were the same as the guitar solo in the middle of the song is not on the ablum:-P

meatloaf-unofficial
15 Aug 2006, 21:26
I don't think Meat would ever mine in any of his concerts

samurai7
16 Aug 2006, 02:15
He did at a Radio 2 concert in 1999. I taped it off the radio, and he was clearly miming 'Is Nothing Sacred'. Mind you, that's a heck of a difficult song to sing...

RadioMaster
16 Aug 2006, 11:11
What sense does it make to mime a song for a radio concert?:shock:
They could also just play the original album version, it´d be the same.

In germany tv all (well, most of all) songs are mimed, at the risk of hitting a wrong note or just because the full musical equipment couldnt be taken to the studio, I´m quite sure that I saw him miming DIST twice on german tv. (Wetten dass, and some VIVA thing)

Deb
18 Aug 2006, 15:29
He did at a Radio 2 concert in 1999. I taped it off the radio, and he was clearly miming 'Is Nothing Sacred'. Mind you, that's a heck of a difficult song to sing...

I was there that night, front row right in front of Meat and I'm sure he wasn't miming.

But wtf do I know :D

Deb

mattloaf
18 Aug 2006, 18:12
Theres a video on republic of loafdom

hi

where about is the video i cant find it.

matty

dukesofhazard
18 Aug 2006, 18:38
Don't want to risk the fury of the mods, but didn't Meat mime 'Do It' in concert? The whole band (plus Meat) had those weird masks on, and I could have sworn from the Cardiff show (and the Mexico City vid) that it's the vocals off the album?!?! :?

Definately didn't mime at the Mexico concert - you can tell its live from the way he holds his notes differently at the end of the song and the singing is slightly muffled by the masks. I'm pretty sure he didn't mime in Cardiff too.

I don't think Meat would mime at a concert, he has on TV but thats different (and usually on talk shows where everyone is expected to mime) - when his fans pay to see him Meat always sings and gives 100%.

And on topic I don't know of any clips of Do IT live as I too would like it - I prefer the live one to the album version (though I like that too).

chrissylf22
18 Aug 2006, 21:10
:twisted: The day I work out how to put a vid online satan will go to work on a snow plough :lmao:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Vickip
19 Aug 2006, 02:46
hi

where about is the video i cant find it.

matty

Hi Matty !

Unfortunately I have no idea how to post it on YouTube, but here's the direct link to the video on our ROL website :-)

Click Here (http://www.republic-of-loafdom.com/Media/Couldn't%20Have%20Said%20It%20Better/Video/Do%20It.wmv)

Thanks
Vicki

mattloaf
19 Aug 2006, 13:16
iv added it on youtube now.
enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0oSAjf96nY

matty

Deb
19 Aug 2006, 19:25
I may be a bit of a killjoy here, but am I the only one who doesnt see the need to add everyones videos to youtube? Surely it's just as easy if not easier to download it from the link Vicki gave? Plus I'm sure Vicki put a lot of work into her clips as have the rest of us. And for them to end up on youtube seems a bit ermmm how do I say it... disrespectful :? For want of a better word. None of us knowingly take each others pics and videos and add them to our own sites. (Or we shouldn't anyway) so why is it ok for everyone to add them to youtube? All credit to the person who did the videos gets totally lost on youtube and IMO isn't fair.

I've also spent a lot of time doing videos for others over the yrs and I know i'm none to happy about mine ending up on there.

Sorry if this sounds like i'm moaning, cause i'm not, I just think it's unfair on the author. Also this isn't directed at mattloaf in particular, it just came to mind when i read this thread and a few others lately. :D

Deb

Vickip
19 Aug 2006, 23:47
I may be a bit of a killjoy here, but am I the only one who doesnt see the need to add everyones videos to youtube? Surely it's just as easy if not easier to download it from the link Vicki gave? Plus I'm sure Vicki put a lot of work into her clips as have the rest of us. And for them to end up on youtube seems a bit ermmm how do I say it... disrespectful :? For want of a better word. None of us knowingly take each others pics and videos and add them to our own sites. (Or we shouldn't anyway) so why is it ok for everyone to add them to youtube? All credit to the person who did the videos gets totally lost on youtube and IMO isn't fair.

I've also spent a lot of time doing videos for others over the yrs and I know i'm none to happy about mine ending up on there.

Sorry if this sounds like i'm moaning, cause i'm not, I just think it's unfair on the author. Also this isn't directed at mattloaf in particular, it just came to mind when i read this thread and a few others lately. :D

Deb

Thank you Deb :-)
Vicki

mikeloaf
20 Aug 2006, 00:36
Miming Do it? miming Black Betty has also been mentioned before. He may know different, but he certainly didn't mime Do it! at NEC2003 or Black Betty at Leed's. Both performances sounded to me to be simply vocally strong.

samurai7
20 Aug 2006, 05:00
All I said was that *to me* it sounded like he was miming. So shoot me! :-P

meatloaf-unofficial
20 Aug 2006, 13:29

Deb

I agree with Deb here. I don't see the point in people taking other peoples videos which they have spent time and effort collecting over the years to share for free. You only see the videos if the owner lets you but you don't (in my point anyway) go and put them on the likes of You Tube to show to others. Trust is what you need and before others say stuff about me, yes I did take other peoples work ages ago for my OLD Site before i spent time making up the one I have now, so i am talking in experience, bad and you get in to lots of trouble, I should know !! People do turn there backs on you and they have to me but thankfully now I have earned the friendship back now, if you want to call it that and and I have apoligized to many people... I hope this helps people, I know one as I have been told, I won't name names - I hope they take my advise and I am not trying to sound mad to pick on them but I have been in that spot before and I want to pass on my advise to them.. Thanks for reading this probally rubish piece but I thought it need to come from a person that has been there before and has l;earned very much from my mistakes :D

Deb
20 Aug 2006, 13:32
Thank you for that Ross :D yes you used to be a huge culprit but as I said to you last night on msn at least you finally listened and took the critisism far better than a lot have ;) Also you do have age on your side lol. I guess at 15 not everyone knows the right way to behave.

Thanx for finally getting it :D

Deb

meatloaf-unofficial
20 Aug 2006, 13:35
Thank you for that Ross :D yes you used to be a huge culprit but as I said to you last night on msn at least you finally listened and took the critisism far better than a lot have ;) Also you do have age on your side lol. I guess at 15 not everyone knows the right way to behave.

Thanx for finally getting it :D

Deb

Thank You - Deb and others for helping me with my website site questions etc.... and keeping me on the right lines on what you cannot do and can do .Where would we be withoput you:D