PDA

View Full Version : The Rare Songs: 20. Hot Patootie

Garrett
12 Mar 2003, 14:24
Rare Songs: Hot Patootie

This is the very famous song from the "Rocky Horror Picture Show", which Meat sang as the biker Eddie. The song is also known under the title "Whatever Happened To Saturday Night" and it is very cool, but it isn't the best song from the musical. (btw: "Science Fiction Double Feature"and "Super Heroes" are the best). So, for me "Hot Patootie" is the third best song from "RHPS" and it's really rock'n'roll! I've also seen the whole musical on video and I think, that it is one of the greatest ever!

8/10

Michel
12 Mar 2003, 21:35
I've edited your message, Garret! I think you know the reason why, or just read my message in the other subject!

Michel
12 Mar 2003, 21:36
Very good song, amazing Rock 'n' Roll.

My Score: 7/8

White of High
12 Mar 2003, 21:54
I think this is the 2nd best rare song. It's good rock 'n' roll. Nice boogie! The live version is better. And what is the best song in RHPS? Super Heroes, Touch-A Touch-A Touch-A Touch Me, Time Warp and this.

Michel!
Will you give maximum 8?

My score: 8

Average: 8.25 (33/4)

Michel
13 Mar 2003, 18:01
The song is between a 7 and 8. The maximun isn't a 8, because the sung can always be performed better live. Meat did this in 1989, and I give that version a 8,5! Maybe he can do it again sometimes, or better.

The Flying Mouse
02 Apr 2003, 19:10
:twisted: Awesome song.
Rocky Horror is a great musical,and Hot Patootie is the best song in the show 8) (although I may be biased :wink: ).
It's just so damn rock & roll that this guy comes back to life from the deep freeze and the only thing he's worried about is whatever happened to Saturday night.Where any sane person would be screaming for a doctor,Eddie just want's to party :twisted: .
Great music and lyrics.
10/10 Bless my soul.

airhead
22 Feb 2004, 23:46
I love Hot Patootie. His voice in it is quite high there compared to his regular voice. Give me scores on what people think of it!!!!

10/10

airhead
23 Feb 2004, 00:01
:twisted: Awesome song.
Rocky Horror is a great musical,and Hot Patootie is the best song in the show 8) (although I may be biased :wink: ).
It's just so damn rock & roll that this guy comes back to life from the deep freeze and the only thing he's worried about is whatever happened to Saturday night.Where any sane person would be screaming for a doctor,Eddie just want's to party :twisted: .
Great music and lyrics.
10/10 Bless my soul.

I agree!!!!

How could anyone be able to dance straight out of an iceland freezer? I couldn't. Nice bike Eddie, I want your bike!!!!!

meat loaf is my god
28 Feb 2004, 21:05
This is the best song from the musical because it is real rock and roll the live virsion is good to

9/10

rockfenris2005
05 Mar 2004, 15:08
Whatever happened to his voice??? How come he only sounds like that on DEAD RINGER??

airhead
04 Apr 2004, 03:23
Meats voice is quite high on this song Unlike all his other songs. Well I suppose he was young then. How comes three years from this when he recorded bat his voice is deep. It wasn't like he was in his teens when he filmed RHPS. So everyone, how come his voice is so high on this?

hmmmm. a job for scooby doo.

rockfenris2005
08 Apr 2004, 15:10
His voice is the same on DEAD RINGER as well, and that was after BAT.... Hmmm.... what's going on?

Meat has had four different voices

1) the really weird and tame voice on Stoney and Meat Loaf
2) the husky and guttural, but greatest voice, for Bat 1
3) the squeeky voice for RHS, DR, MIDNIGHT, BAD & BLIND
4) the really old voice from WTTN

How did it change so much??

allrevvedup
08 Apr 2004, 15:56
Hasn't Meat said that his voice was sped up in parts of the Bat out of hell album? Not sure if it's true or not.

As for Whatever happened to saturday night, i much prefer the live version from LATW, even if he sounds a little shaky at the start, he quickly improves.

rockfenris2005
08 Apr 2004, 16:41
If doesn't even sound like the natural Meat Loaf we ALL know - on BAT, that is. You can tell it's HIM on all the other albums, but not on BAT. He's really weird on that one. His voice is almost entirely different. On DEAD RINGER, he sounds like he does on HOT PATOOTIE. I've always found that strange. He's a multi-vocaleted singer (??!)

meat loaf is my god
08 Apr 2004, 23:20
This is a grate song really upbeat the virsion on live around the world is amazing

Evil One
24 Jan 2007, 00:29

Wario
24 Jan 2007, 07:07
uhh in the album versions of this song where's his "whew!' at the beginning?

The Roxy cast version rocks more. :|

MeatGrl1
24 Jan 2007, 12:00
Erm sorry to burst your bubble but this song is not rare!!!

You can still buy the soundtrack and show albums
and the Live Around The World CD is still available
so not rare:p!

10/10 for proving to Richard O'Brien that he can sing it!

:lmao:

AndyK
24 Jan 2007, 12:02
In this forum the concept of "rare" song is basically a song that doens't appear on one of Meat's studio albums and may not have been heard by all visitors to the forum. So this includes: B Sides, tracks that appear on other albums (like this one or Somebody Loves me from the Gershwin tribute CD etc) as well as some of the lost gems that never made it out properly...

MeatGrl1
24 Jan 2007, 12:04
Ah, OK

Sorry people, I misunderstood I guess.

Wario
24 Jan 2007, 16:47
I hope they remix this with some "Whew!" SFX and such like Time Warp.