PDA

View Full Version : The New Cars Tour ... Cancelled?

AndyK
13 Jun 2006, 14:36
News is starting to break around the net that The New Cars tour (of which Kasim is partaking) has been cancelled.

Elliott Easton broke his clavicle last week when the bands tour bus had to swerve to avoidn another vehicle, and the "news" indicates that despite playing 4 shows in a brace and an apparent high degreee of pain, that Easton can't go on longer without surgery. There's no official news yet available via The New Cars Website, however Ticketmaster have started to cancel some shows and other venues have confirmed that shows that Ticketmaster still has on sale have been cancelled.

RSG
14 Jun 2006, 18:13
Best of wishes to him. Is everyone else alright?

Vickip
15 Jun 2006, 02:45
Best of wishes to him. Is everyone else alright?

Yes. Elliot is the only one that was hurt.
Vicki

AndyK
15 Jun 2006, 10:58
Kasim has updated his blog at http://kasimsulton.blogspot.com/ stating that it's a break rather than a cancellation, there's also a whole host of pics been posted there, which makes it look like it would have been quite a spectacular show to see.

Pudding
16 Jun 2006, 02:00
I'm glad I didn't spend a small fortune on going to see them :lmao:

I wonder if this will effect Meat Loaf's plans for performing, since no one knows for certain if Kasim still is Meats bassist/musical director.

Pud :twisted:

Jackoutofhell
30 Jun 2006, 04:58
They'd be a good live band, but I wouldn't recommend their CD. It's pretty much a retread, and completely unnecessary. I liked their first single, Not Tonight, so I'll buy another album only if it includes all new material. This live CD thing isn't working for me, not very "car-ey."

Best wishes to all of them though