R.
08 Mar 2003, 21:10
Germany (and continental Europe):

http://www.mlukfc.com/funstuff/chsib_cover_red.jpg

UK:

http://www.mlukfc.com/funstuff/chsib.jpg

ChrisBelfast
08 Mar 2003, 21:17
i prefer the German one, there was something about the UK one i didnt like but wasnt sure what, now i know wot it is, the red background is far better

tukayaway
09 Mar 2003, 02:45
Whats the point of having different coloured backgrounds? I know that there's probably some kind of marketing reason behind it, but why just change the colour? Why not change the whole thing? I dont like the font either, it doesn't fit in with the picture.

Vickip
09 Mar 2003, 05:45
Whats the point of having different coloured backgrounds? I know that there's probably some kind of marketing reason behind it, but why just change the colour? Why not change the whole thing? I dont like the font either, it doesn't fit in with the picture.

It makes me wonder if they'll change the background color again when it's released in the U.S. :-) I agree ... it's probably a marketing strategy. I like the font, but I also think the picture shows up better on the orange background :)

Vicki

Michel
09 Mar 2003, 09:35
And wich cover will be released in The Netherlands?

R.
09 Mar 2003, 14:04
And wich cover will be released in The Netherlands?

The pink one.

:p :mrgreen:
R.

Michel
09 Mar 2003, 14:30
I saw that you've edited your message

Tim
09 Mar 2003, 15:14
Don't like them, the look at the typography, it's a bit.......childish..... Not the best cover, where is Whelan or Royo?

Fire Ball
09 Mar 2003, 17:27
I love the cover, It's an old picture from the Thirties that I found. The true color is Red. The UK Co. Wanted a different color because the album will be released 5 weeks later there. All to do with Imports in the stores .
Sorry you don't like the cover. I worked really hard on this record and the cover to make it all work. 1 more thing and then I won't bother you guys anymore. The SINGLE version of CHSIB was played on BBC2 on SAt. and willed be played on Mon the 10th Just can't remember which show. See you on tour!!! I hope.
Meat

R.
09 Mar 2003, 17:34
See you on tour!!! I hope.
Meat

Yes. That's a promise.

:))
R.

Tim
09 Mar 2003, 18:09
Sorry you don't like the cover. I worked really hard on this record and the cover to make it all work.

I'm very sorry Meat Loaf!!! :cry:
It's just, well, those letters.... but he....after a while, well, it will be allright. Can't wait till the 31st of March (my birthday, joepie).

And offcourse i will see you on tour!!!! :lol:

mariella
09 Mar 2003, 18:21
Meat, you are NOT bothering us at all!!!!!!!!
Thank you so much!!
See you soon. Take care,
Mariella

Markus
09 Mar 2003, 18:25
I love the cover, It's an old picture from the Thirties that I found. The true color is Red. The UK Co. Wanted a different color because the album will be released 5 weeks later there. All to do with Imports in the stores .
Sorry you don't like the cover. I worked really hard on this record and the cover to make it all work. 1 more thing and then I won't bother you guys anymore. The SINGLE version of CHSIB was played on BBC2 on SAt. and willed be played on Mon the 10th Just can't remember which show. See you on tour!!! I hope.
Meat

Meat, of course we are there to support YOU and the Neverland Express. You (and Jim) supported so many of us over the years. I only can speak for me, but Iīll never be able to give back what I received. Thank you.

And for the cover. Nothing against the pictuer of the woman! Itīs only the letters that look out of place. ;-) But I wonīt judge a CD by itīs cover. *lol

Markus.

Vickip
09 Mar 2003, 18:49
Meat

Hi Meat !

Please ... you're not bothering us at all :)) We love hearing from you !!
I love the cover - the picture's great and the red background color sets it off perfectly :-)) I know you really worked hard on it ... I hope it's a big success for you !!

Thanks for the info regarding the single - I can't wait to hear it !!
Hopefully I'll get to see you on tour soon :)))
Take care
Vicki Pearson

The Flying Mouse
09 Mar 2003, 19:35
Fire Ball wrote
1 more thing and then I won't bother you guys anymore.

Fire Ball wrote
See you on tour!!! I hope

Does that mean Meat won't be visiting these forums anymore? :cry:
I hope he does.It's always great to hear from you Meat :twisted: .
Has anybody noticed how many more members have joined,and the amount of people loging on every day since Meat registerd :wink: ?
I might have the wrong end of the stick (hopefuly)but if Meat is going to be busy doing promo for the album i'm sure we all understand.
As for seeing you on tour?
Meat,you can bet your bottom dollar on it :mrgreen: .

Anonymous
09 Mar 2003, 20:42
NO WONDER MEATS NOT IN ANY RUSH TO POST AGAIN,,,I DONT LIKE THE COVER,,NO STEINMAN ON THE ALBUM,,I DONT LIKE THE LETTERS,,I DONT LIKE,,I DONT LIKE,,I DONT LIKE,, IM SORRY BUT THERE IS TOO MANY WHINGERS VISITING AND POSTING ON THESE SITES,,ITS A NEW MEAT LOAF ALBUM,,HELLO PEOPLE /WHATS WRONG WITH YA

Raptor
09 Mar 2003, 20:43
Anyone know what show it'll be shown on?

mariella
09 Mar 2003, 21:11
I have no idea which show. I think Chris mentioned it was a radio show, so I am just going to listen to BBC2 all day.

One more thing, ... it's a shame that to fully appreciate what you have, you sometimes have to lose it..

But people can change their minds, let's hope for that!!

Mariella

Vickip
09 Mar 2003, 21:17
One more thing, ... it's a shame that to fully appreciate what you have, you sometimes have to lose it..

But people can change their minds, let's hope for that!!

Mariella

Right you are Mariella :-) Let's hope !!
Vicki

Juan Llanos
10 Mar 2003, 00:11
Meat

I don't mind the cover.... In true is better than others... but we can't compare it.... is a NEW record and that's the important.

I'll buy the album anyway... and now I'm going to buy the 2 versions... and if I find the single.... and whatever...

I'm waiting for the 31.... 3 weeks.... too much time to waste....

Anonymous
10 Mar 2003, 01:00
NO WONDER MEATS NOT IN ANY RUSH TO POST AGAIN,,,I DONT LIKE THE COVER,,NO STEINMAN ON THE ALBUM,,I DONT LIKE THE LETTERS,,I DONT LIKE,,I DONT LIKE,,I DONT LIKE,, IM SORRY BUT THERE IS TOO MANY WHINGERS VISITING AND POSTING ON THESE SITES,,ITS A NEW MEAT LOAF ALBUM,,HELLO PEOPLE /WHATS WRONG WITH YA

Everything okay with you?

Markus.

Michael Marxen
10 Mar 2003, 01:08
1 more thing and then I won't bother you guys anymore.

Bye Fire Ball,

thanks for joining us here! (please return someday)
All the luck with the album and tour!
Be ensured that there are friends here passionately supporting both in any imagineable way. :D

Diane
10 Mar 2003, 02:35
[quote="Be ensured that there are friends here passionately supporting both in any imagineable way. :D[/quote]

Absolutely right on Michael! :D

Thanks Fire Ball for the pleasure of your company here & for the privilege of all the wonderful info you've shared with us. I'm so sorry to see you go.

Wishing you every success with the album and singles.

See you on the tour!

Shane
10 Mar 2003, 04:55
1 more thing and then I won't bother you guys anymore. The SINGLE version of CHSIB was played on BBC2 on SAt. and willed be played on Mon the 10th Just can't remember which show. See you on tour!!! I hope.
Meat

There is no chance of you ever bothering us. You're always more than welcome. I don't think there is anyone here who would rather have you gone from this forum, even amongst those who don't like the cover. I'm sure they would join me in apologising if we (or I) have done anything to upset or offend you. Thank you for honouring us with your presence here.

I hope to see you on tour as well. I live in New Zealand, so I hope you can make it down here.

Vickip
10 Mar 2003, 05:17
1 more thing and then I won't bother you guys anymore. The SINGLE version of CHSIB was played on BBC2 on SAt. and willed be played on Mon the 10th Just can't remember which show. See you on tour!!! I hope.
Meat

There is no chance of you ever bothering us. You're always more than welcome. I don't think there is anyone here who would rather have you gone from this forum, even amongst those who don't like the cover. I'm sure they would join me in apologising if we (or I) have done anything to upset or offend you. Thank you for honouring us with your presence here.

Thanks Shane .. I couldn't agree more !
And thank you Meat :))

Vicki

Bart
10 Mar 2003, 15:15
I think Batman is right. All that talking about nothing. Let us be glad that there is a new album . And i expect a lot of this album, cause Meat and Kasim and a lot of others say it is really good!!! The sleeve is great!! Ofcourse it is not the same like Bat I and II. Why should he do that?
Way to go Batman, these forums need sometimes people like you.

Greetings anyway, cause we are all from the same clan!

SueW
10 Mar 2003, 17:20
For anyone outside of UK, it appears that Radio 2 stream at least some of their shows on the Internet at http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/

Sue

Vickip
10 Mar 2003, 17:42
For anyone outside of UK, it appears that Radio 2 stream at least some of their shows on the Internet at http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/

Sue

Thanks Sue :) Have you heard what show it might be on?
Vicki

The Flying Mouse
10 Mar 2003, 17:47
:twisted: Last night in the chatroom,Chris told us he thinks it's BBC 2.

Vickip
10 Mar 2003, 18:22
:twisted: Last night in the chatroom,Chris told us he thinks it's BBC 2.

Thanks!
Vicki

The Flying Mouse
10 Mar 2003, 19:13
I've just spent a good while searching the BBC radio web site.
I couldn't find any referance to the song anywhere :evil: .
I paid special attention to BBC2,but no luck.
You'd think that playing a brand new Meat Loaf song,they would at least make a note of it.e,g. A second chance to hear the new song by Meat Loaf.
I've sent an e mail to the BBC,asking them for full details of when it will be played again.Station,show and time.If I hear anything,you'll know as soon as I do :mrgreen: .
Well i'll go and have another look at the BBC.
Wish me luck,i'll need it :roll: .

mariella
10 Mar 2003, 19:34
I am listening to BBC2 online, about 45 mins ago i did hear them say: Meat Loaf coming up. So I'd go for BBC2.
Mariella

Vickip
10 Mar 2003, 19:49
I am listening to BBC2 online, about 45 mins ago i did hear them say: Meat Loaf coming up. So I'd go for BBC2.
Mariella

Thanks for the info! But did they say which show it'll be on?
There are a lot of different ones listed on the site ....

Thanks!
Vicki

mariella
10 Mar 2003, 19:58
I don't even know which show i'm listening to. It's like a media-player and they are playing new songs. i just pressed "listen" and that's really all I can say. I hope this is the right one!
Good luck!
Mariella

Vickip
10 Mar 2003, 20:02
I don't even know which show i'm listening to. It's like a media-player and they are playing new songs. i just pressed "listen" and that's really all I can say. I hope this is the right one!
Good luck!
Mariella

Ok ... I'll check it out :))
I'll hope you're right !!
Thanks again
Vicki

R.
10 Mar 2003, 20:05
Another hijacked thread ... 8O
Anyway, according to Chris' post the guy from Radio 2 who played it on Saturday was Richard Allinson. Hope that helps.

Oh ... and it starts off with my sig. :))

Vickip
10 Mar 2003, 20:20
Another hijacked thread ... 8O
Anyway, according to Chris' post the guy from Radio 2 who played it on Saturday was Richard Allinson. Hope that helps.

Oh ... and it starts off with my sig. :))

I'm sorry R :-(
Thanks for the info!!

Vicki

mariella
10 Mar 2003, 21:08
Yes, yes, Yes!!!!

Mariella

LOVE IT!!

Vickip
10 Mar 2003, 21:22
Yes, yes, Yes!!!!

Mariella

LOVE IT!!

Shoot ... I disconnected from the BBC site too soon and missed it :(
But I'm glad you got to hear it and loved it :-) Hopefully they'll play it a again soon ...

Vicki

Dick
10 Mar 2003, 22:03
Gawd i knew it was too good to be true, meat visiting the forums. And now someone has pissed him off so much that he probably wont return any time soon!

Thanks for visiting Meat please ignore the peoples views, they're just opinions, and as my dad says, "opinions are like arse holes, everyone has one." :wink:

Vickip
10 Mar 2003, 22:18
Thanks for visiting Meat please ignore the peoples views, they're just opinions, and as my dad says, "opinions are like [...] holes, everyone has one." :wink:

You and your dad are absolutely right :)
Vicki

Bart
10 Mar 2003, 23:30
Well, in fact it was Dirty Harry (Clint Eastwood) who said that famous line. Jim Steinman likes Dirty Harry by hte way but:

Mariella! How's the song?? Is it great??????

Vickip
11 Mar 2003, 00:24
Well, in fact it was Dirty Harry (Clint Eastwood) who said that famous line. Jim Steinman likes Dirty Harry by hte way but:

Mariella! How's the song?? Is it great??????

Thanks Bart :)
Vicki

Tim
12 Mar 2003, 20:29
Excuse me for having an opinion!!!!

Don't think i show my face here ever again, if that is not tolerated!!!!

So...... Bye

mariella
12 Mar 2003, 23:21
Tim, who said anything about leaving? :roll:
I don't expect you to change your opinion about anything. It's your opinion and you have every right to that.
I think you will agree, if I say, there are many different ways of saying something..
If we all respect eachother, there is no problem.
Take care,
Mariella

Vickip
13 Mar 2003, 01:23
Tim, who said anything about leaving? :roll:
I don't expect you to change your opinion about anything. It's your opinion and you have every right to that.
I think you will agree, if I say, there are many different ways of saying something..
If we all respect eachother, there is no problem.
Take care,
Mariella

You're absolutely right Mariella :)
Vicki

Cloggy
17 Mar 2003, 02:39
I think Batman is right. All that talking about nothing. Let us be glad that there is a new album

This is called a forum...you discuss thing here ;o

I think the cover looks good. Alltho I would have picked a different Font. Basically I tought the Testify one owned :)

Michel
17 Mar 2003, 10:51
Tim, because you're a little bit back, maybe you can edit your message.

Tim
17 Mar 2003, 11:34
Don't think i have to edit my messages, let everybody see that i'm pissed off

Ofcourse, opinions must be tolerated, it is a forum, you must discuss thing here..... but.... this is, and i don't know the exact number, not the first time that someones opinion is not tolerated.... And that is something that i can't stand!!!

I don't like the cover, big deal!! I know how hard it is to make things, but still i can't like it...... Or am i wrong?
My opinion about Paul Crook, well, just saw him one time on Wetten Dass, okay, maybe i was a bit hard to him, but well, i was impulsive.... to bad, i apologized to him!
Let me have my own opinion, don't like it when people all say good thing just because Meat Loaf is on this forum or Paul Crook is here.

I will go in to the history books, as the man that had an opinion to Meat Loaf and Paul Crook :lol: And, i was the person who told them that, you all just talk along with each other.

Tim

Guppie
17 Mar 2003, 11:41
I think you're entitled to your opinion. A forum is about discussing things and sharing opinions and views.
A forum where people are all one big happy family, where nothing negative can be said, where you're only allowed to give your opinion if it is a positieve one, would be rather boring imho.
guppie.

Bart
17 Mar 2003, 12:51
he Tim,

are you some kind of dictator or something? Do not take everythintg TO serious in life man! it is just a forum, nothing more, nothing less. And if you have something against me. Say it to me, but do not talk about me! you understand!

Anonymous
17 Mar 2003, 13:07
I will go in to the history books, as the man that had an opinion to Meat Loaf and Paul Crook :lol: And, i was the person who told them that, you all just talk along with each other.

Tim

Believe me, you wont go down in any history books thats for sure

Anonymous
17 Mar 2003, 13:59
you also go in the history books as the guy who made fire ball very very angry about the crap you were saying of the cover. Now he is not coming back on this forum. thanx for that!

The Flying Mouse
17 Mar 2003, 14:20
:twisted: I can see both sides of this argument.
Yes,this is a forum.And everybody has the right to express their opinion.

On the other hand,this site is a tribute to the works of one man.People come here to celebrate him.We have been fortunate enough for that person to join his own fan club forum.Has anybody else ever hearing of someone as a big name as Meat Loaf ever doing this? :roll: I havn't.

Now Tim,you don't like the new cover,well fine.No problems.That's your opinion.But people also have the right to disagree with you :wink: .

Now if you think that by holding back your negative opinions in front of Meat makes you an [...] licker,I prefer to think of it as being diplomatic.
Let's face it,when there are so many positive things you want to say to Meat,why concentrate on the bad? :D

I don't think that Meat has left this forum because of any critisism.With the things he's gone through in his life,and working in the music industry,I think his skin is a little thicker than that :twisted: .

At the end of the day we're all friends here.I've seen one fan site on the web (not a Meat site,and i'm not mentioning any names) where the way people talk to each other is deplorable.The music is forgotten.If somebody starts a topic,it will likley end in an argument that has nothing to do with what's being discused.The personal attacks are scathing,and this is a country singer 8O .

Have your opinions.Don't be an [...] licker.But (I think) a little dipolmacy helps :wink: .

Personaly,there's a new album and a tour coming up(and i'm sure there will be plenty of dates in Europe)I'm happy 8) .

All the best to everybody here :mrgreen: .
Neil

Michel
17 Mar 2003, 15:08
I've just asked to edit your message, because there is the word Bye in it, and because you're a little bit back, that why I asked. But now we have a great discussion.

Cloggy
17 Mar 2003, 15:12
you also go in the history books as the guy who made fire ball very very angry about the crap you were saying of the cover. Now he is not coming back on this forum. thanx for that!

Surely you have a couple of screws loose in your head?

Guppie
17 Mar 2003, 15:16
Guys... let's not get into a fight here...
I understand what you're saying, Neil.
It's just... people blame Tim for the fact that Meat doesn't visit the forum anymore, but like you, I think he's just too busy at the moment.

And granted, some things could have been said with a little more tact. But that's the case with many posts. If I see a person referring to Tim's opinion as "the crap you were saying of the cover.", well, that's not very charming either...

Just my two cents.
Guppie.
P.S. I'd like R to respond, since he's the boss and he's always very clear in these matters. (That's a compliment btw)

Michel
17 Mar 2003, 16:29
Anonymous. You can't blame Tim about it. Meat is very busy.

Tim is absolutely of fan of Meat. I know him almost a year, so I know absolutely know it. He is giving his opininion and maybe you need to give your opinion.

Or maybe I need to write it for you: It's amazing. The best there ever was, better than Bat.

They call that butt licking.

So please stop blaming Tim.

Bart
17 Mar 2003, 16:50
this discussion is hopeless. we are just like a bunch of old ladies talking about nothing the whole day. let us be gald taht we have only 14 days left before the new album is there.

Bart
17 Mar 2003, 17:20
i am a senior Loafer, it is amazing. o my god, do i have a life of my own or what, this is a bad sign.

The Flying Mouse
17 Mar 2003, 17:24
:twisted: Congratulations Bart :mrgreen: .

Guppie
17 Mar 2003, 18:12
this discussion is hopeless. we are just like a bunch of old ladies talking about nothing the whole day. let us be gald taht we have only 14 days left before the new album is there.

Congrats on the senior loafership, Bart.
And yes, lets move on from this discussion (as long as no one starts blaming tim AGAIN, that is. ) :lol:

R.
17 Mar 2003, 22:17
Sigh.

I just can't see why everybody is picking on Tim here. Because he said he didn't like the cover? Where's the problem with that?
Maybe he just chose the wrong words - do not forget that this is an international forum. Not everyone of our guests speaks perfect English.

Hey, great. Who told you that? Meat? Thank you very much for sharing this information with us.
I think it's pretty safe to say that we simply don't know why he isn't posting at the moment.

Anyway - going back to that quote.
My first thoughts about a reply were like this: " ... and you, Sir, go into the history books because of your post anonymous access to the mlukfc Forums was disabled."
But then I said to myself, don't do it; there's no need for that.

this discussion is hopeless. we are just like a bunch of old ladies talking about nothing the whole day.

I guess this sums it up. :wink:
I'll shut up now.

R.

Tim
17 Mar 2003, 22:50
Hehe, you see what kind of people are here on this forum?? Yes pick me, blame me....... then you have someone to fight with.....

Let me be the as shole that said some negative things!! I do those things, i'm honest..... So, if you have a problem with me, my person or the way i write things, please sent me a PM or mail about it stop f*cking around on this forum!!!

That's all folks.......

Ps.... I'm a huge ML fan... so i can see the positive and negative things.... yes even as a huge fan i can see that..

Tim
17 Mar 2003, 22:55
So bring it on folks, i'm waiting!!! :twisted:

By the way...... own opinion isn't that bad....i'm glad i have one.

R.
17 Mar 2003, 22:57
Fighting fire with fire isn't a good idea around here, Tim.

Cloggy
17 Mar 2003, 23:07
I am using a few other forums for about 4 years now and flaming is just one of those things that involves using a forum :)

R.
17 Mar 2003, 23:13
I am using a few other forums for about 4 years now and flaming is just one of those things that involves using a forum :)

True. :devil:
But, honestly, i don't care what's going on in some #+%&!§#% other forum.

(/me is looking for my asbestos suite)

8)
R.

Guppie
18 Mar 2003, 01:16

True. :devil:
But, honestly, i don't care what's going on in some #+%&!§#% other forum.

8)
R.
he he he.... and damnit, R. I give you a standing ovation (don't know the correct words in English, sorry.. I mean standing up in respect and applaud...) for your last three posts. I'm glad you said what you said.
Of course I was relying on your way of being direct and frank and clear.
I've seen many forums with forumowners that try to patch things, keeping the peace by being very soft...
You... you just lay down the law and speak your piece and you're always fair to people. I like that very much.
I guess people may think that running a board with so many members is easy. It's not. Not always.
Bottom line: I like you, R. :D

Guppie
18 Mar 2003, 01:21
[quote=Cloggy]

8)
R.
he he... found it yet? Don't worry, you won't need it. I've seen flames started in newsgroups (unmoderated) and on some boards... but somehow I think you'll put out the fire before it even has a CHANCE of starting, he he he....
Guppie

Michel
18 Mar 2003, 14:55
R., Like Guppie said, I'll give you a standing ovation. Is this really good englisch Gup?

The Flying Mouse
18 Mar 2003, 15:27
:twisted: Well said R.
Hey Michel and Guppie,your English is better than my Dutch :lol: .

The Flying Mouse
18 Mar 2003, 18:28
:twisted: Hi Meat.
Nice to see you on line again :D
Have a great day :mrgreen: .

mariella
18 Mar 2003, 19:14
Yes, we are so lucky! Having Meat here is very special indeed.
Thank you!
But having him here "double" is more then I could ever hope for :lol:

Great day to you,

Mariella

Bart
18 Mar 2003, 22:29
Did i miss something here. Where the h... is he?

The Flying Mouse
18 Mar 2003, 22:46
:twisted: Hi Bart.
As long as they are signed in,you can see who is on line at any time on the forum home page.

dottie
18 Mar 2003, 22:47
Did i miss something here. Where the h... is he?

:??: I thought I saw Fireballs name earlier must have been mistaken

ChrisBelfast
18 Mar 2003, 22:47
good Question bart, where exactly is he?

dottie
18 Mar 2003, 22:48
Fireball - Where are u?

The Flying Mouse
18 Mar 2003, 22:52
:twisted: I've seen Meat's name up a couple of times today.
He hasn't posted,but he's looked in.

dottie
18 Mar 2003, 22:54
:twisted: I've seen Meat's name up a couple of times today.
He hasn't posted,but he's looked in.

I knew I wasn't imagining it

R.
18 Mar 2003, 23:39
Confirmed.

:))
R.