PDA

View Full Version : The Rare Songs: 8. What You See is What You Get

Meatles
28 Jan 2003, 20:49
The masterpiece of the album - commercially and in my opinion musically but not vocally. It is a great soul song, fast upbeat with organs and tambourines - it sounds like a classic soul/pop song. However, I don't think Meats voice is all that strong on it. The live version isn't good at all, but I think the studio album is good.

The song was the only appearance by Stoney and Meat Loaf on the billboard charts.

my score
7/10

Garrett
28 Jan 2003, 22:16
Okay, that was a billboard single, but I think it is a bad song! I don't like it. Maybe for some of you it is a good one, but it's not my taste. The song is also to short (maybe it is better so). But the song is just bad, not cruel, so I'll give it a 3.

3/10

Michel
29 Jan 2003, 13:38
I think a very powerfull rock 'n' roll song. I like the live version better than the album version

My score: 7

White of High
29 Jan 2003, 21:32
It's a good song! I don't know what is its style but I take it between blues and soul. The live version is better!

My score: 5 (live 6)

Puritan
31 Jan 2003, 02:33
I'll give credit to Motown. They could recognise a commercial song when they had one. Of all the tracks on the album I always thought this sounded most like a typical Motown song. A great song - the song I play most from this album

Ill give it my joint top score mark of all songs on this album 9/10

Yes I know 9/10 seems silly when compared to the songs on Bat - but what the heck it's only a bit of fun!!

Tim
01 Feb 2003, 12:02
What a song!!! Super!!1 Great, really motown, really funky, great music, and the lyrics, so true!

9.3 / 10

The Flying Mouse
11 Mar 2003, 20:19
:twisted: Typical Meat & Stoney funky beat.
This was the first Meat & Stoney song i'd heard,I do admit to feeling disapointed in the style.After all,I was a Bat addict (I still am :lol: ).
It isn't an umpleasant song,and I can see how it would have been very comercial at the time.
4/10 What you see is what you get.

Bren
20 Jun 2003, 21:42
I've only heard the Live Around The World version of this song..and i love it,a great song,like the lyrics.One of the one's i play most frequently.

9/10

White of High
29 Jan 2007, 21:20
Average: 6.66 (53.3/8)