PDA

View Full Version : The Rare Songs: 1. Once Upon A Time

Garrett
11 Jan 2003, 19:19
White of High starts regular threads about the album songs of Meat. Now, I will start a thread about the non-album songs! At first I wanna give my opinion about "Once Upon A Time", which was performed by Popcorn Blizzard in 1967.

"Once Upon A Time" is a typical song of the roaring sixties, even with the typical sounds of the sixties music. The song is average, but very great to hear, cuz it's Meat at the age of 19, who did the lead vocal of Popcorn Blizzard. In parts, the song sounds like an Animals song. If you hear this piece of music, you get a strange feeling. The feeling that lets you know, that you are listening to a song, which is a real, real lost record of Meat! It seems to me, as this were a honor to my ears.

My score: 6/10

White of High
11 Jan 2003, 19:40
Garret!

I have never heard before two Blizzard song. Could you help me? Maybe could you send me in e-mail if it isn't problem?

Meatles
12 Jan 2003, 03:11
Garrett

This is brilliant - why didn't I think of this (maybe I ain't as brilliant as you?).

Anyway, I think the song is strange. Is it about getting high on pot?

SONG LYRICS - "I took a breath and blew my mind away"
"My mind's caught in the grass"

I give this song a
7/10

PS. Do you mind if I do these rare song threads with you?

Garrett
12 Jan 2003, 19:40
I forgot that the song also has good synthesizers.

I've read that there are a few more songs of Popcorn Blizzard. "Good Thing Going", "My Suzanne", "Good, Good Day" and "I Saw A Face". But I don't know how to get these songs.

Do you also want to know about the band "Meatloaf Soul" look here:
(with very, very, very rare photos!!)
http://home.earthlink.net/~endlessprod/bozzo.html

Puritan
12 Jan 2003, 21:49
Those songs are nothing to do with Meat Loaf's Popcorn Blizzard.

ALBUM:
1 EXPLODE! (De-Lite DE-2004) 1968 R2

45s:
1 Good Thing Going/My Suzanne (De-Lite 516) 1968/9
2 Good Good Day/I Just Saw A Face (De-Lite 522) 1968/9

Unconnected to the Michigan Popcorn Blizzard, this album is reputedly dreamy melodic pop with pleasant harmonies.

Puritan
12 Jan 2003, 21:57
In respect to Once Upon A Time I think it is an interesting song. With lyrics about "orange clouds and purple skies" I have images of the late sixties drug culture. I wasn't quite old enough to experience it first hand but it seems to me to be a typical "psychedelic" song from that era. I can't quite make out all the lyrics but at least it is pleasant enough to listen to which is more than can be said for the B side (but that is another topic)

Garrett
12 Jan 2003, 22:31
Those songs are nothing to do with Meat Loaf's Popcorn Blizzard.

ALBUM:
1 EXPLODE! (De-Lite DE-2004) 1968 R2

45s:
1 Good Thing Going/My Suzanne (De-Lite 516) 1968/9
2 Good Good Day/I Just Saw A Face (De-Lite 522) 1968/9

Unconnected to the Michigan Popcorn Blizzard, this album is reputedly dreamy melodic pop with pleasant harmonies.

Oh, I didn't know that these songs aren't from Meat Loaf's Popcorn Blizzard. I found a site on the internet where all the six songs were listed under one band name, also "Once Upon A Time" and "Hello". And it wasn't the same site, that you've visited.

White of High
16 Jan 2003, 18:24
It is same as "Hello"! I can't differentiate it from that. It's longer, so better.

My score: 4

Average: 5.67 (17/3)