17 Dec 2002, 23:23
What do you folks think? :mrgreen:
Opinions, please!

:p
R.

Tim
18 Dec 2002, 09:00
GREAT!!!! finally the new album!!!

Strange that they release it first in Germany, but that's also good, cause the Netherlands are close to Germany :lol:

Hope it will be a great album. I think so..... but still we have to wait.

But the title.....don't like it.

R.
19 Dec 2002, 18:10
Yeah - right, but I'd like to hear (see) some opinions about the (radio) released single 'Did I Say That'.

8)
R.

Anonymous
19 Dec 2002, 19:51
:did i say that is better than anything 4 love,,,there i said it,,its a great song,,really

LucyK!
20 Dec 2002, 00:01
Absolutely increadible. I've just heard it and I'm speechless! Very moving, just amazing - Meat's definately back!!

Anonymous
20 Dec 2002, 00:36
Lucy- how did you manage to hear it? Tell me tell me tell me

Dave
20 Dec 2002, 06:30
I , myself, am totally stunned. I never thought Meat could be this good without Steinman! This is BETTER than Bat Out Of Hell!!!

I LOVE THIS SONG!!!!

Anonymous
20 Dec 2002, 07:07
:lol: When you hear the song "Couldn't have Said it Better" You might change you mind about the tittle. The just gets better , If you like Did I say THat!!!!

Love you Meat,
Wew are doing a show in Germany in Jan for Press and Record people from around the world, we hope alot of you will be able to come more info later!!!

Meat

Garrett
20 Dec 2002, 12:26
My opinion for "Did I Say That":

It's Meat Loaf !!

The Flying Mouse
20 Dec 2002, 13:11
:twisted: Is it playing on the radio in the U.K.?
The reviewes sound very exciting.Better than Anything For Love?Better than Bat?This good without Steinman?
Man.I can't wait to hear this. :twisted:

R.
20 Dec 2002, 19:17
:lol: When you hear the song "Couldn't have Said it Better" You might change you mind about the tittle. The just gets better , If you like Did I say THat!!!!

Love you Meat,
Wew are doing a show in Germany in Jan for Press and Record people from around the world, we hope alot of you will be able to come more info later!!!

Meat

Looks like that somebody knows a lot about this record.
I wonder who this person really is. (*cough cough*) :mrgreen:

8)
R.

Michel
20 Dec 2002, 20:14
Great, Meat on this forum!!!!!!!!! :D

I'm looking for the song 'Did I Say That', but I still haven't heard it. Is it also on the Duth radio???

I'm really curious about this song.

The Flying Mouse
21 Dec 2002, 05:05
:twisted: Meat?On this site?That would be awesome. :twisted:
Hey,you never know,he may visit this forum (or even post :D ) to promote the new album.
I've got my fingers firmly crossed.

White of High
21 Dec 2002, 11:07
Maybe I'm Meat Loaf... or not. Oh, Am I schizophren? :lol:

Well, when will I hear it in Hungary I don't know. Some weeks or months...

Garrett
21 Dec 2002, 11:34

Love you Meat,

Meat

Hi Meat, nice to hear from you! (I don't know if you are really Mr Loaf, but it's possible!)

P.S. "Did I Say That" is so great, it's unbelievable!

M.Bison
21 Dec 2002, 13:59
THAT'S STUNNING! A song would have to really great to be better than Bat Out Of Hell or I Would Do Anything For Love! Now i can imangine Did I Say That being a NUMBER 1 for over 4 weeks! I can't belive Meat Loaf really did it without Jim Steinman! I can't wait to hear this in 2003 And also can't wait to hear Coulden't Have Said It Better!

Anonymous
21 Dec 2002, 15:00
Does anyone know how well the single is doing in Germany? I've had people comming up to me and saying that the album is going to be a flop, and if Meat wants to win over the audience Did i say that is not the song to use. Your Views Please.

R.
21 Dec 2002, 15:11
Just in case you missed this in the shoutbox on the frontpage:

CD Realeased March 17 in the UK, March 3rd in germany,austria and Swiss , 17 the rest of europe . Commercial single what? Jan 20 and FEb 21st . US release around April 17 , US tour Starts

Again I'm wondering: Who is this guy? :mrgreen:

8)
R.

R.
21 Dec 2002, 15:36
Richard:

The single isn't released yet, so we simply don't know how well it does.

I had the chance to listen to it a few times and I do think it's amazing. It' s a really great song, a typical Meat Loaf song. On the other hand, I do agree with those opinions that this song might not be the best choice to win the audience. Why do I think this? Well, if you take a closer look at the stuff which is selling big times know, you'll notice that 99% of these 'songs' are nothing more than some simple structured artificial boom-boom material performed by androgyne artists. That's the kind of music that sells now - especially in Germany. 'Did I Say That' is something completely different: it's complex and performed by an artist who isn't androgyne at all.

But then again, who am I to predict how 'Did I Say That' will do after it's release.

Just my 2 eurocents.

8)
R.

Edit: Just noticed, that you made a double post. I'll delete one in just a second.

Michel
21 Dec 2002, 18:30
Amazing song, I've just listened to it.
Especially the end is great!!!

I think the song can help Meat to get his audience back, because it's a very good song.
Everybody has his own opinion, but I don't think the song is better than Bat or I'd Do Anything For Love, because without Steinman that is impossible. But I compare with songs from Welcome To The Neighbourhood. The song is powerfull like Where The Rubbers Meets The Road and Amnesty Is Granted.

Anonymous
21 Dec 2002, 19:04
MEAT HAS A BIG FAN BASE,,SO WHATS THERE TO WORRY ABOUT,,UNLESS ALL THE SO CALLED FANS THAT BUY MEATS STUFF ONLY WHEN STEINMAN IS ON IT,,FAIL TO SHOW THERE SUPPORT,,COME ON LETS BACK THE BIG MAN

Meatles
21 Dec 2002, 19:26
Where do you guys hear it?

I am in Canada and I would love to hear it - is it getting airplay on radio stations? is it available for download on the net?

Man I can't wait

PS> if that message from "Meat" is really Meat, I wanted to say that you are the best of the best of the best entertainers since the beginning of mankind!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim
21 Dec 2002, 19:54
Michel, where did you listen to that song, where can we all listen to it.......can't take it any more! :lol:

I do think that it was the real Meat Loaf on this forum, why not. Oh my god, and i said that i didn't like the title........Well, maybe it's just like Welcome To The Neighbourhood, and I will like it to, when i've heard the album, you'll never know.

But i'm still curious were you can listen to the new song!!!

Anonymous
21 Dec 2002, 20:54
I think its not the best song to win an audience with because there are four people i know and only one of them thinks its good. If Meat wants to win an audience these days he would need a single like "where the rubber meets the road" or "Tear Me Down" because these songs are very similar to todays music.

Tim
22 Dec 2002, 00:32
Well, just heard the song.......maybe i have to listen to it more!!. But I'm a bit disappointed.
Still it's a good song.
(or is it just me, and am I to cynical / critical about it???)

And as someone mentioned, i don't think you can compare this with Bat, Paradise or I'd do anything for love. Those were and are still pearls!!!

Anonymous
22 Dec 2002, 11:59
I THINK ITS ABOUT TIME ALL US MEAT FANS SHOULD MOVE FORWARD FROM THE DARK AGES,,THIS SONG WILL MORE THAN LIKELY HIT THE TOP 10 IN THE CHARTS,,IF IT GETS ENOUGH PROMOTION MAYBE EVEN BETTER,,STEINMAN IS A GENIUS,BUT MEAT CAN WELL HOLD HES OWN,,ITS A CATCHY SONG,POWERFUL,,IT ACTUALLY SOUNDS LIKE STEINMAN

Garrett
22 Dec 2002, 12:01
Well, just heard the song.......maybe i have to listen to it more!!. But I'm a bit disappointed.
Still it's a good song.
(or is it just me, and am I to cynical / critical about it???)

And as someone mentioned, i don't think you can compare this with Bat, Paradise or I'd do anything for love. Those were and are still pearls!!!

Are you crazy??? That one is great!!! It's so powerful and so bombastic!!! Hey man, THIS IS MEAT !!! A REAL LOAF OF MEAT !!!

Michel
22 Dec 2002, 15:40
Are you crazy??? That one is great!!! It's so powerful and so bombastic!!! Hey man, THIS IS MEAT !!! A REAL LOAF OF MEAT !!!

Somebody told us a few months ago that he would not be a fan anymore!

Tim
22 Dec 2002, 15:42
IT ACTUALLY SOUNDS LIKE STEINMAN

Hell no!! Steinman songs are a totaly different thing!! He write songs no one can write!!!

Hey man, THIS IS MEAT !!! A REAL LOAF OF MEAT !!!

Well, that's your opinion. I will wait till the album is released. And i've listend to it now a few times, but......it's so strange..... it's not what i expected that's all i can say. Still it's a good song. But let's wait the album.

The Flying Mouse
22 Dec 2002, 19:46
:twisted: Meat & Steinman,the dark age ages? 8O That was the golden age 8)
Meat can more than hold his own.he's done some really great songs without Jim,but you've got to admit that a Meat Loaf-Steinman song has that extra little touch of magic.

Anonymous
22 Dec 2002, 20:22
there seems to be more steinman fans that visit this site,,well all i can say is i hope all the real meat fans go out and buy it,,and let all the suppose fans wait 4 a new spice girls album

Michel
22 Dec 2002, 20:55
there seems to be more steinman fans that visit this site,,well all i can say is i hope all the real meat fans go out and buy it,,and let all the suppose fans wait 4 a new spice girls album

Somebody suggests that somebody who likes songs written by Jim, doesn't buy the new album.
A real Meat fan is a real Steinman fan. Nobody can sing a Steinman song like Meat can.
I think that Meat without Jim is better than Jim without Meat.

But every Meat fan is waiting for this new album.
And I also think is that every Meat fan is waiting for BAT III.

PS.
A real Meat fan has his own account on this forum, and isn't a Guest.
This isn't meant for Meat.

Anonymous
23 Dec 2002, 12:40
IM A MEMBER OF THE INTRNATIONAL FAN CLUB THANK YOU,,ANYWAY I WOULD LOVE 4 JIM 2 DO ALL MEATS STUFF,,BUT WE KNOW ITS NOT 2 BE,I GUESS I JUST GOT ANNOYED THAT SOME ARE WRITING THIS ALBUM OFF,,JUST COS JIMS NOT INVOLVED,,WE SHOULD ALL BUY THIS ALBUM ,,MEATS NOT GETTING ANY YOUNGER ,HOW MANY MORE ALBUMS ARE LEFT

Tim
23 Dec 2002, 14:43
Don't know if anyone is writing this album off. Let's wait for it first, than we can say things about it.

MEATS NOT GETTING ANY YOUNGER ,HOW MANY MORE ALBUMS ARE LEFT

I think a lot of albums are left, Bat III, ofcourse, it must come, it must be made. Than you will have an awesome trilogie!! And ofcourse a lot of other albums, i hope. With or without Steinman!

R.
23 Dec 2002, 22:31
IM A MEMBER OF THE INTRNATIONAL FAN CLUB THANK YOU

Nevertheless you are still invited to register your forum account if you wish. :D

8)
R.

Anonymous
23 Dec 2002, 22:40
thank you very much

The Flying Mouse
24 Dec 2002, 00:37
:twisted: Nobody has written the album off.The only negative thing I have read on any of these forums is the fact that we've had to wait so long for it :wink: .
Both R and Richard have made the point that they don't think Did I Say That is the right song to win an audience over.I for one couldn't be happier :D .Too many artists these days change their style,or sing with current chart toppers to try and win over a new generation of fans.They are trying to be hip,and as far as i'm concerned,that is a betrayal and a total disreguard for their real fans.WE are the people who have followed Meat for years,and WE are his target audience.I appreciate that in Meat and I know that Meat appreciates us too.
P.S. I still havn't heard Did I Say That,and it's driving me crazy. :P

The Flying Mouse
24 Dec 2002, 00:45
:twisted: I forgot to add...
Realistically,I don't think anyone from the forums or the fan club will not buy the new album.
I think Meat has got quite a few albums in him yet.Both with and without Jim.My biggest wish is BAT III.It's got to happen. :twisted:

Shane
24 Dec 2002, 10:52
I think this is a great song! It is a bit different than all the other stuff out there at the moment, but it is still Meat. Different is good! That's what Bat Out Of Hell was.

I think that this song will be regarded by some people (I hope) as a refreshing change from all the stuff out there at the moment. And for that reason, I believe it will do well.

Aside from Meat Loaf, Kasim Sulton also makes a great contribution, and his background vocals and bass can be heard virtually throughout the song. I don't know who else is playing on this song (we have learnt from previous Meat albums that he doesn't necessarily use the band members), but Tom Brislin is the piano player from what I've heard, and the piano sounds great too.

The Flying Mouse
25 Dec 2002, 07:12
:twisted: WOW!!!!!!!!!!!
I've just heard the song.It's amazing.
It was quite muffled,but that's more down to my computer than anything else.
My first impression of what I did hear,is this is just like a Steinman classic 8) .
There are parts that remind me of other Steinman songs,at one point I was singing Is Nothing Sacred.
What can I say,it rocks :twisted: .
It's been well worth the wait and I hope the rest of the album is this good.
Thank you very very much to Pamela,Tim and Steve who all contacted me to help me hear the song.I owe you one guys.
Right,i'm off now.I gotta go and listen to it again :D .

White of High
25 Dec 2002, 12:25
Anybody's could help me?
Where can I listen this song? I'm living in Hungary and I have to wait too much time.

Could you say me what's Meat song takes after it?

White of High
26 Dec 2002, 11:44
Everybody's annouencing it in advance as good as Bat Out Of Hell or better...
So it gave rise to disappointment to me! I think nobody's can follow Jim Steinman. It isn't so good like Bat. I could put it between Out Of The Frying Pan and Bryan Adams. :?

Anonymous
26 Dec 2002, 22:13
c'mon! WHY is nobody saying where you can hear this? don't say radio, cause there was a "hearer" from new zealand somewhere up in here (note to americans, that's not near germany) so can i listen to it online somewhere?

Tim
26 Dec 2002, 22:18
Maybe it was easier if you put your mail adress with it, so we can help you.

So then we could help you out..... :lol:

Michel
27 Dec 2002, 20:26
I agree Tim :D

QT
27 Dec 2002, 23:29
Maybe the two dutch Meat-fans can help me too, because "vol verwachting klopt mijn hart (en dat zolang na Sinterklaas)"

twanjanssen@hotmail.com

Anonymous
28 Dec 2002, 13:41
Hi all,
I'm Dutch too... can't wait to hear some new Meat music. Please tell me where I can go listen...
mail me at guppie@wherefreaksgo.com

Please....

Kind Regards,
Guppie.

Anonymous
28 Dec 2002, 16:49
Thanks, Michel and Tim, for your quick answer :)
Guppie

Anonymous
28 Dec 2002, 16:54
Forgot to tell you: I think that DIST is a great song. Oh... so good to finally here some new Meat music.
Guppie

Anonymous
28 Dec 2002, 20:41
okay, email me at -

kanburi_@hotmail.com

tukayaway
29 Dec 2002, 01:44
If anyone is feeling kind...
kingham4@hotmail.com

heat
29 Dec 2002, 10:44
Please please please please let me know where i can hear Meats new song!!!! Waiting is doing my head in :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
p.collins11@ntlworld.com

Thanks all
Heat
xxx

Guppie
29 Dec 2002, 13:47
Url is on it's way. With thanks to both Tim and Michel.
Guppie

heat
29 Dec 2002, 16:44
Thanks soooooo much to tim and guppie, for pointing me in the direction of Meat's new song....i think it's crackin!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think it's very much like I'd Do Anything For Love(But I Won't Do That), but it's definately gonna be a Meat classic. :twisted: :twisted:
Anyone have any idea of whenit's gonna be played on UK radio????

Heat
xxx

Anonymous
29 Dec 2002, 18:21
My hugest thanks to Tim and Guppie who showed me to the song also. This rocks! Not sure about the echoing vocals though, in places. It's neat cause I can see this getting radioplay. Meat is back!

Cult Of Byron
02 Jan 2003, 21:39
Why can't the URL for the song be posted on the forum? Ah well, my email addy is remover@theworldslongestemailaddress.co.uk if you could sent it to me I'd be soooo grateful! Ta.

Anonymous
03 Jan 2003, 20:11
could you please send me the link also. my email address is ifan_davies@hotmail.com

thank you :D

QT
04 Jan 2003, 11:39
A Person on this site said a few moths ago: "When the new album isn't released before Christmas I won't be a fan anymore!"
But When he hears the new single I'm sure he would said:
DID I SAY THAT?? :roll:

:lol: Twan

Anonymous
04 Jan 2003, 18:42
I've been listening to the song Did I Say That over and over, it’s a very good song but I don’t think you can compare it to Bat Out Of Hell or any of the songs on that album because it is totally different. It’s a short song, only 4:24 long but it feels as if the song goes on for much longer. The only thing I don’t like about the song is the echoing of Meat Loafs voice. It starts off nice and slow and then gets faster. In my opinion it's a mix between No Matter What and the songs on Bat2.

Jaymze
04 Jan 2003, 22:02
jameslangan@hotmail.com it would be greatly appreciated, i've been dying to hear this song and I hope more than anything that it is not a disappointment.

--JJL

Chris
04 Jan 2003, 22:29
Ok, now I'm jealous that everyone is talking the new song.

please can someone oblige:

yoboglad@hotmail.com

Ta

White of High
05 Jan 2003, 11:34
To The Last "Guest"!

You feel very well that Did I Say That seems longer. The album version is more than 6 minutes...

Raptor
05 Jan 2003, 12:16
Hi I was the guest, forgot my login name lol. Thats good that it's longer, I'm used to his long songs. :D

Anonymous
05 Jan 2003, 17:07
Judging from the radio edit (4'23), I really like what I hear (it is amazing)
and I would like to get the CD single which will be released JAN. 18 - it also will feature DECADENT WISH!!!!!

Guppie
05 Jan 2003, 17:13
I'm new here, and I was just wondering... I still see people asking about where to download DIST.... Tim or Michel, isn't it allowed to put the URL you mailed me here on the forum?

Don't mean to interfere but I just wondered about that.
I read the announcements about the do's and don'ts and there it says this forum has nothing against putting the URL of your site in your signature, as long as you participate in this forum and don't "hit and run".
Guppie.

Chris
05 Jan 2003, 20:24
WOW!!

I really like this song.

I am glad to hear that it will be a little longer as i think it sounds a little too much like an MTV type song, made to fi a set length for the tv shows. Could really do with a full-on Steinman style intro. The sort where you can wash the car, go to the pub and have your tea without any fear of missing the lyrics!!!!!!!

Can't wait for it to be launched int he UK

Anonymous
06 Jan 2003, 01:32
I believe the album version of DIST is a little over 6 minutes. Possibly
1 minute was clipped from the intro and 1 minute from the end?

ianmar
06 Jan 2003, 11:36
Hi guys. I'd be eternally grateful if anyone reading this could point an old fella in the direction of a site where I can listen to or download the new single. Many thanks

didisaythat@ianmar.com

Ian

White of High
06 Jan 2003, 12:34
Has it a video?
Tim or Michel! I wait it from your site... :lol: :lol:

Did you know that this song is soundtrack of Napoleon with Christian Clavier and Gerard Depardieu? Maybe it's just joke but I have heard it anywhere...

R.
06 Jan 2003, 13:53
I do not want to see any kind of an URL linking to DIST directly or indirectly from this particular or any other thread.

Do I make myself clear?
Yes? Fine.

Carry on posting folks.

8)
R.

Guppie
06 Jan 2003, 13:59
I do not want to see any kind of an URL linking to DIST directly or indirectly from this particular or any other thread.

Do I make myself clear?
Yes? Fine.

Carry on posting folks.

8)
R.
I asked that question a few posts back, if that was allowed and nobody answered. I'm glad you did..
Guppie

Guppie
06 Jan 2003, 14:09
btw, R. Let's make something clear here: I'm new on this forum, I just asked a question because I saw all these people - including myself - asking where to download DIST.
This is your forum, you make the rules, that's ok. No need to get unfriendly.

Ankie
06 Jan 2003, 22:03
Yes, the music was played after the first episode of Napoleon, aired on ZDF this evening. But it were just some bits and pieces, all together maybe 20 seconds?? But on the screen it was mentioned: Musik:
Meat Loaf: Did I Say That?
Keep our fingers crossed that it will be noticed this way as well!!

A.E.

Meatles
07 Jan 2003, 02:14
What I would like to know is if the song is eligible for any chart position?
could this be Meats 22nd entry in the TOP 100?

Hope so!

R.
07 Jan 2003, 14:27
btw, R. Let's make something clear here: I'm new on this forum, I just asked a question because I saw all these people - including myself - asking where to download DIST.
This is your forum, you make the rules, that's ok. No need to get unfriendly.

Hey Guppie,

my post wasn't directed towards you. If I wanted to contact you directly I would have used a PM. ;) It was however directed at all people (yes, this includes me too) posting here. And I wanted to make clear that I have absolutely no intention to discuss my decision concerning links and URLs. Hence my ... umm let's say ... official voice. Maybe my choice of words wasn't the best, but English isn't my mother tongue, so please bear with me.

Anyway Guppie (cool avatar btw.) and the rest of the gang, you're welcome anytime.
Enjoy your stay.

8)
R.

Guppie
07 Jan 2003, 15:16
Hey Guppie,

my post wasn't directed towards you. If I wanted to contact you directly I would have used a PM. ;) It was however directed at all people (yes, this includes me too) posting here. And I wanted to make clear that I have absolutely no intention to discuss my decision concerning links and URLs. Hence my ... umm let's say ... official voice. Maybe my choice of words wasn't the best, but English isn't my mother tongue, so please bear with me.

Anyway Guppie (cool avatar btw.) and the rest of the gang, you're welcome anytime.
Enjoy your stay.

8)
R.
Okay, thanks for responding and clearing things up. Now I understand how you meant your post.
btw English isn't my mother tongue either, I'm Dutch 8)
Guppie

Shane
08 Jan 2003, 14:39
Does this mean that we can't ask for someone to email DIST to us?

I agree with this decision and will abide by it, but I unhappy at the part about no explanation.

R.
08 Jan 2003, 15:09
Does this mean that we can't ask for someone to email DIST to us?

No. That 's not what I meant.
If you feel like posting your email in this thread, well ... it's your decision. I hope you like spam :devil:.
And of course you may ask if someone mails DUST (or whatever you are talking about) to you.

8)
R.

Tim
08 Jan 2003, 16:02
Offcourse when you put an URL or a link to something illegal, that's not good, not for the artist, not for this forum and to the people. It is illegal, but you can allways ask for it. That never hurts. And if you can help other people in that way, well that's okay, i think.

You must help each other, right? :lol:

I hope you like spam .

Well, don't know about that. I think we are all reasonable, and that we don't do things like that.
And otherwise, there are much easier ways to spam someone if you want to. So don't think that will happen, and if so.......... :devil:

Guppie
08 Jan 2003, 17:07
About the SPAM: I think that R. meant that spammers use emailadresses they find on forums and newsgroeps to mail their spam to, not that he was gonna do that himself, he he... :D

About putting a link up here, a normal link to a site: that's legal. Taking some info from a site and not name the source: that is not done (copyright). e.g. when I find lyrics to a song, I cannot put them on a site of my own without mentioning where I got the lyrics. It is nettiquette to put the url under the link where you found the lyrics, and most people put underneath: "courtesy of...." and there the name of the webmaster.

R. was clear about not wanting a discussion about linking, though. He said: "NO URLS". So no URLS it is. :)

R.
08 Jan 2003, 17:39
R. was clear about not wanting a discussion about linking, though. He said: "NO URLS". So no URLS it is. :)

Exactly.
:mrgreen:
R.

Guppie
08 Jan 2003, 19:16
Exactly.
:mrgreen:
R.

He he.. I KNEW you were going to say that :D

Michel
08 Jan 2003, 20:11
So, the discussion is over!!!

Are we all friends again??? :D

LOL

R.
08 Jan 2003, 20:14

What discussion? :devil:

Michel
08 Jan 2003, 20:32
I agree the discussion hasn't started, but there were amny messages about the linking, but there aren't any problems anymore. We all agree now.

R.
08 Jan 2003, 20:35
:mrgreen: :p

Guppie
08 Jan 2003, 21:21
Are we all friends again??? :D
LOL

he he... sure we are... LOL... GROUP HUG :lol:

Anonymous
09 Jan 2003, 00:49
I'm in Australia andcan't wait any longer to hear the single. Anyone help me out please?
milestone1183@yahoo.com

Grassyass

Anonymous
10 Jan 2003, 06:01
Wow...that IS a great song. I love it!!!!!

But in honesty, what impresses me MORE is the response I received to my previous post asking for help. A sincere thank you to all who took the time to email me and help me out.

What a fantastic community you have here!!!

I have always liked Meatloaf's music but would have never considered myself a 'fan'. I run a large Motley Crue web site and when I first heard that Nikki Sixx was collaborating I surfed around all the Meatloaf sites to try and find out more.. and to bookmark the best, so I could stay on top of any developments. I bookmarked one. I liked this site best which is why I have linked to it from the DATES section of my site for many months now. This experience certainly confirms that this is the meatiest site in existence.

So thank you all again!!!!

Rock on,
Paul Miles
Chronological Crue
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~cruekiss

Anonymous
10 Jan 2003, 14:30
Please help me!!!
In search of the new meat song to carm my aching little brain.
Can any-one please help me.
Thanks,
Moominpoppa@yahoo.co.uk 8O

Garrett
20 Jan 2003, 19:50
I saw a short clip out of the DIST video, today on Viva Plus. I still haven't seen the whole clip. But I liked the short adaption. It isn't a Meat video like the others before. It's very different, but it seems very good! The main colors in the video are black and white, but not only these two colors. In the short clip I saw Meat standing in a white suit in front of a dirty backstreet of an american metropolis, maybe during the fourties. Above Meat's head there was flying a car in very slow motion (like the style of that one scene in Matrix). It was a typical vintage sports car of the fourties. I'm excited to see the whole video, soon!

Meatles
21 Jan 2003, 02:53
Sounds like an interesting video! maybe along the lines of Modern Girl or Not a Dry Eye?

The Flying Mouse
21 Jan 2003, 14:24
:twisted: Fingers crossed that they release a video of the album like the Bat II picture show :D .Let's face it,the ammount of Meat Loaf videos available is depressing :cry: .There should be more live videos (and albums)available,at least one every tour.Even if they didn't want to go to the trouble of mass producing them,it would be good if they could record shows and offer them through the fan club at a premium :idea: .They could record every show.All they need is one guy with a camera down the front (Hell,that's one job i'd do for free :twisted: ).
The three most importaint days of my life in cronological order...
1. Getting engaged to Carol.
2. Seeing Meat Loaf live for the first time.
3. Getting married next year.
The odd one out?No video of the Meat Loaf show :evil: .I would give anything to be able to relive that night over and over in front of the telly.

Meatles
21 Jan 2003, 15:01
Does anyone have all of Meats promo videos (music videos)? They are one thing I haven't been able to get yet!

ones I have:
bat
Paradise
Two Out Of Three
Took The Words
Im Gonna Love Her For Both of Us
More Than You Deserve
Read Em And Weep
Razors Edge
If You Really Want To

Ones I need:
Dead Ringer For Love
Modern Girl
Rock n Roll Mercenaries
Anything For Love
Rock n Roll Dreams
Objects
Id Lie For You
Not A Dry Eye
Is Nothing Sacred
A Kiss Is A Terrible Thing
Did I Say That

Garrett
21 Jan 2003, 16:31
Does anyone have all of Meats promo videos (music videos)? They are one thing I haven't been able to get yet!

ones I have:
bat
Paradise
Two Out Of Three
Took The Words
Im Gonna Love Her For Both of Us
More Than You Deserve
Read Em And Weep
Razors Edge
If You Really Want To

Ones I need:
Dead Ringer For Love
Modern Girl
Rock n Roll Mercenaries
Anything For Love
Rock n Roll Dreams
Objects
Id Lie For You
Not A Dry Eye
Is Nothing Sacred
A Kiss Is A Terrible Thing
Did I Say That

You forgot the promo videos to

"Surf's Up"
"Nowhere Fast"
"Getting Away With Murder"

Puritan
21 Jan 2003, 17:14
I think this thread has gone off topic rather. In terms of the videos that Meatles does not have I have decent copies taped from TV of them except for A Kiss and the new one

With respect to Garrett's interesting post. I have never seen the Getting Away with Murder video but know as he does one exists because there was at one time a very short clip on the web. Surfs Up I have seen the most appalling quality copy - you can make out what it is about and it is interesting

I was however unaware of any video for Nowhere Fast

White of High
21 Jan 2003, 19:51
And you've missed "Piece Of The Action".

Meatles! Go to KaZaA! I have there Modern Girl, Not A Dry Eye, Objects, I'd Do Anything For Love, Is Nothing Sacred, Kiss, Dead Ringer For Love, Rock 'n' Roll Dreams!

gargar
24 Jan 2003, 14:39
the song is SOOOOOOOOOO GREAT!!!!

M.Bison
28 Jan 2003, 21:18
Well, I say the video will be great. The song is good as well but I now think that this won't be the headliner song of the album and about the video here's a nickname for the character: The 40s Man!
Why you are The 40s Man? Why?

Bart
29 Jan 2003, 09:42
The only thing i can say is that this song will be a top ten hit all around the globe.
Back in 1993, on september 6, a monday, when BOOH II came out and the release of the single (the edit version!!), i thought that it's never gonna be a hit! I bought the album, came home and heard the song on the radio.( Meat was there too, promoting his album om the day of its worldwide release. For the older Dutch fans: it was on radio 3, the dj was Carola (he also sang Paradise with her on the radio). In the beginning there was not so much airplay and i hated the edit version, but you see what happened. a hit in England became a hit in europe.
With this song the same thing will happen. I know that at least in germany an england the song will reach the top ten. Try to listen to the song and imagine yourself not being a Meat loaf fan. You'll hear that this is really one of the best singles Meat ever put on the market. I dare to say, once again, that we found an second Steinman, his name is James Michael, the writer of the song. Now we have the prove that at least Steinman is replacable, but we all know that there's only one Meat.....

By the way: Is there anybody out there who has live recordings or videos of the best tour Meat ever did; the Lost Boys and Golden Girls Tour in 1988? I was at a concert in Dusseldorf on 24 april 1988 and it was the best concert i have ever seen. So, can anybody help me?

Tim
29 Jan 2003, 13:31
his name is James Michael, the writer of the song. Now we have the prove that at least Steinman is replacable,

Are you f*cking sick or so???? Replace Steinman??? You don't know what you are talking about!!!
Ofcourse, there are great writers, but no one comes even close with Steinman!!!

This thing you said.....well, HELL NO man!!!
(in dutch: dit schiet mij in het verkeerde keelgat)

Michel
29 Jan 2003, 13:33
Now we have the prove that at least Steinman is replacable!

You're so funny with your jokes. Everybody knows that Steinman isn't replaceble. Meat also isn't replaceble. Both as one team is the best.

I still don't think this is the song to make a comeback, because you miss the Steinman style. This song you understand. A Steinman is very difficult to understand.

About the lost boys and golden girls tour. I have two bootlegs of that tour. Birmingham (complete) and Vienna (complete). Send me an e-mail or private message if you want info about them.

Bart
29 Jan 2003, 13:46
you have to admit that the more you hear it the more you're gonna love it and i don't miss Jim Steinman on this song. It's as good as his songs.
And it's gonna be a hit. I am damn sure about it. I think they expect that it will be a hit too. ZDF is really promoting the song and the album i think. there were also a bunch (20 or so) of violins players whenn he did the song on Wetten Dass and he was presented bij Gottschalk (host) as a superstar. The concert he did last monday was also sponsorde bij ZDF.
i think the strategy is to conquer Europe from Germany.

Bart
29 Jan 2003, 14:04
How the hell do i send you a private e-mail. How this thing works?

An about Jim Steinman: off course he's not replacable, but i meant that i don't miss him in this song and it's equally good. i am sorry that i have made some people angry around here. I am a fan myself since 1984, so do'nt tell me how to understand Jim Steinman songs!!

No hard feelings i hope

Tim
29 Jan 2003, 15:16
a Personal Message can you send by going to the post of that person, or to the members list, click on PM button and then type the message. Or you can email that particulair person. :lol:

Michel
29 Jan 2003, 19:45
And if you want my e-mail adres

borgyman2000@hotmail.com

Many non-steinman songs are good. Also this song. But Meat needs to make a comeback, and I think that it is impossible without Jim. So I think the song will sell good. But I think his real comeback will be with Bat III.

R.
29 Jan 2003, 20:08
a Personal Message can you send by going to the post of that person, or to the members list, click on PM button and then type the message. Or you can email that particulair person. :lol:

In order to do that you need to register and login first.

Michel
29 Jan 2003, 20:10

In order to do that you need to register and login first.

That's why I put my e-mail on my message!

Shane
31 Jan 2003, 09:48
Personally, I can't say whether this album or any of its songs will be better or worse than anything that Jim Steinman might have written. I'm going to wait until I hear the whole album before making that sort of judgement. I think Jim Steinman is a great writer, but I'm not going to be his ass kisser.

Bart
31 Jan 2003, 10:02
how you guys can handle all these mailconversations. this conversation was suddenly missing for a couple of days and now it's back.

ML don't need a comeback. he was never gone. and if it is not a hit then it is not a hit. who cares. if it is good then it is good, that's the most important thing.

R.
31 Jan 2003, 14:27
Bart,

how familiar are you with forums like this? You might want to read the FAQ (link top right corner).

Michel
31 Jan 2003, 19:41
Everybody knows that Meat was never gone, but his albums in the eighties didn't sale as good as BOOH. Made had a great comeback with I'd Do Anything For Love. And all the non-meat fans know this song. That's why he needs to make a comeback with a song just like I'd do anything for love. That all people know that song about 20 years.

Tim
01 Feb 2003, 12:06
how you guys can handle all these mailconversations. this conversation was suddenly missing for a couple of days and now it's back.

OH, a forum is very hectic, you know. Then a topic is hot, the next day, you can't even find it :lol:

Oyeah, post 300!!!

Anonymous
01 Feb 2003, 20:47
:P DID I SAY THAT HAS HIT THE GERMAN TOP 20 MUSIC CHARTS,,NOT BAD MEAT

tukayaway
02 Feb 2003, 00:47
I think it'll do better over here. I'll buy every copy I see if i have too! :P

Bart
12 Feb 2003, 13:02
after long, long searching i have found this topic again!!! Where it was the past week.

for myself, i do not care if nobody knows the new single. the only thing that's important to me that'it will be great!
i was a fan in the 80-s and i was all alone out there. nobody ever heard of ML and JS at the time booohooooohooo..

Tim
12 Feb 2003, 15:46
i was a fan in the 80-s and i was all alone out there. nobody ever heard of ML and JS at the time booohooooohooo..

I know what you mean, still on my own, no friends of me like ML.....so still not fun!!

But, i've heard the long version, yes, got the single, and that one is great. In the short version a whole part is missing, to bad. Finaly, Tim starts to like the new song!!! :lol:

tbuck
13 Feb 2003, 02:55
Ahh, but Tim, though I'm new here ( but long-time lurker) and it sure looks like you have some friends here that like ML!
:D

I felt much the same way you did about DIST. My wif :D e liked it a lot, but I just thought it was OK. Then it started to grow on me. Then I heard the full length version and I loved it! :mrgreen:

We also bought the single from Amazon.de. I really like Decadent Wish too. This album ought to be kick azz!

Cult Of Byron
16 Feb 2003, 14:43
IMHO Did I Say That? is textbook Steinman. It has all the familiar hooklines, melodies and lyrical references (if some of these sound a little cliched), but that is not to take anything away from this song because once the second verse starts up, the old tingles return. Am I right in thinking that Jim hasn't written any completely new songs since the 4 he wrote for Bat 2?

Anonymous
19 Feb 2003, 06:32
:D Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to say that I absolutely love the song "Did I Say That".
I think that the song was a perfect fit for Meat Loaf and was an excellent choice for the albums first single.
I think James Michael is a very talented songwriter. You should check out his website at Luxuride.com, you'd all be amazed at all the music he's written as well as the artists he's collaborated with.
I'm was thrilled when I heard the song!!!!!!!!!! Love It :D

Meat - You Rock Dude!

Lady B
22 Feb 2003, 20:53
I'm responding to this as I sit here listening to my brand new copy of DIST that has both album & AC versions on it (as well as Decadent Wish). Just received in the mail today.

I absolutely LOVE the song!!! There are pluses to both versions and I have seen the video for it as well. As a rule, I'm one who goes for the album cuts of anything if for no other reason than the song just goes longer and I like to soak 'em in. Ahhhhh . . . :mrgreen:

I like the AC version but not really the ending. If the ending of the Album version were to wind up the AC version it would be better. I don't really care for it just ending. Maybe I wouldn't feel that as much if I hadn't heard the extended one but I think it just would tie up the ending nicer. Thoughts anyone?

Either way, the darn thing has been going through my head ever since I first heard it. Snippets in my head at work (so much for focusing), snippets in my head when I'm supposed to be trying to sleep and they keep me up at night 'cuz I can't get rid of them . . . (thanks a whole heap for that one Meat. I love you but I do need to get some sleep! Pleeeeeze? LOL)

Have to say tho' that several times as I watched & listened to DIST thoughts of what happened in the end to Anything For Love (meaning awards) came to my mind. I refuse to jinx the song by saying the word but it felt like that caliber of song to me. That says a lot for me 'cuz altho' I've been a fan since Bat & 2 Outta 3 and love anything the man does, Anything is my absolute fav song. There's power in the song and I feel it in DIST ~ either version.

'nuff rambling . . .

"And I need some sympathy here
I need someone to call my own. . ."

Lady B

Lady B
22 Feb 2003, 21:00
BTW . . . Tear Me Down was also one Meat did this summer in concert and it DID kick you know what! Can't wait for the album!

Lady B

Bart
25 Feb 2003, 13:50
you took the words right out ouf my mouth. Did I Say that rules and rocks!!!!

Bart
25 Feb 2003, 13:58
Look here, finally someone else who is saying it just sounds like Jim Steinman. Nou we are several weeks later after the release and i think the song is to become a real classic one. at least it will be for me. it is getting better and better. after 55 years the fat guy still rocks like there is no tomorrow

Michel
25 Feb 2003, 19:56
Look here, finally someone else who is saying it just sounds like Jim Steinman. Nou we are several weeks later after the release and i think the song is to become a real classic one. at least it will be for me. it is getting better and better. after 55 years the fat guy still rocks like there is no tomorrow

Nobody can write like Jim! That is impossible!
But the song is very good, especially the long version!

Vickip
27 Feb 2003, 00:05
Yeah - right, but I'd like to hear (see) some opinions about the (radio) released single 'Did I Say That'.

8)
R.

Did I Say That is the most amazing song I've ever heard !!!! If this is any indication, the new CD is going to be fantastic :)) I have the CD single .. the edited version is very good, but the album verision is so much better :))

I know I won't be able to wait until August to get it here in the US ... time to go shopping in Germany again !

Vicki

Tim
28 Feb 2003, 10:06
Nobody can write like Jim! That is impossible!

This is so true!!! No one, not one single writer, can outsmart Steinman with his lyrics, words, and sentence.

It is a good song. Not the best i've heard, but that is okay with me, it can't be all good Steinman stuff :lol: