PDA

View Full Version : are we sad

greg
10 Aug 2002, 23:07
went for a new job interviw on friday .when iwas asked of my intrest i told the, interviewer. my main intrest was listen to meat loaf and following heres work, reply i got back was you are sad greg .from the interviewer. so within a second i got up and left. last words i said on my way out was no point in wasting your time & my time , i can see we are not going to see eye to eye & left,did i do the right thing to tell about my intrest in meat loaf ,or should i have lied & made something up . why should i ml is my main intrest & allways will be .lots more jobs but there will only be one meat loaf . what would you have done let me know. :evil:

The Flying Mouse
11 Aug 2002, 07:02
:twisted: Hi GREG
Why was a guy with such a small amount of public relations skills even allowed to conduct an interview?I mean c'mon interviews can be nerve racking enough,without some prat telling you "YOU ARE SAD".
Take some comfort in the fact that this diplomatic disaster has probabilly got a secret Take That stash,or he may be a world authority on Kajagoogoo. 8O
Meat Loaf is a very hard working man and an unserpassable performer. I think he's a great example to us all,as he always gives everything 110%(not to mention that Bat Out Of Hell has sold somewhere in the region of 34 million copies-the guy must be doing something right).
Always be proud to be a Meat Loaf fan as it shows you have impecable taste.
If you are annoyed enough,you could always try complaining to the company about the way your interview was handled.
Personally,I would have settled for telling him....
"YOU'VE GOT A HELL OF A LOT TO LEARN ABOUT ROCK AND ROLL"

Keep your chin up mate,I hope a better job comes along soon.

Tim
11 Aug 2002, 14:41
That's very bad man. But look at the good site, now you don't have to see that man any more.

But maybe he thought that you did nothing else than listen the whole day to Meat Loaf. Like i do :lol:
No but serieusly, some people don't think, and they say such stupid things. And you met one of them.

And i agree with the flying mouse. Personally,I would have settled for telling him....
"YOU'VE GOT A HELL OF A LOT TO LEARN ABOUT ROCK AND ROLL"

heat
11 Aug 2002, 20:18
Greg,
It ain't your fault that the bloke that interviewed you was a complete and utter twerp. He asked, and you gave him an honest answer...what did he want you to say?...'oh i sit at home studying quatum physics...and in my spare time i relax with a little light reading...such as war and peace...'
It's a bloody good job that in this life, we aint all the same..i mean, some one has to like celine dion...lol. Methinks that this bloke seriously needs educating in the ways of the Meat, untill then, he is destined to remain a fool...

Heat xxx

Jaymze
14 Aug 2002, 02:58
I don't think you should feel humiliated because of your musical tastes- perhaps this interviewer needs reminding that Bat Out of Hell is the biggest selling debut album in ever! Why should you have to lie? If that's what you like then whose he to dictate to you?

Meatles
14 Aug 2002, 05:19
If we are sad, sad is the only way to be! So don't feel bad 8)

ChoccyBat
14 Aug 2002, 22:13
Hey man, you SO don't want to be working for someone like that!! I was in a job interview this week for Black and Decker, and I also stated that Meat is one of my heroes. The lady said she also liked him and was interested as to what it was like seeing him live (Liverpool). When we got talking I explained that he is a brilliant example of perserverence paying off, and never listening to people who try to pull you down.

I never had any hesitation in mentioning that I have huge admiration for the big man, and if anyone told me I was sad for it they'd be Crying Out Loud!!!!!!!!