PDA

View Full Version : Best Steinman Non-Meat Song

ChoccyBat
28 Jul 2002, 00:56
Just read the best non-steinman Meat song (btw mine is Special Girl), so how about the best non-Meat steinman song? Don't get me wrong, no-one could ever sing a Jim song better than Meat, but you gotta admit Jim is a genius and whatever he writes is gonna be awesome. Obviously a certain B Tyler will feature quite heavily, but he wrote a song for Celine Dion on one of her albums (totally forgot the name, its the first song on the album anyway!), and I just came across a beauty he wrote on an Air Supply album - I think they're an old American band. Its called Making Love Out Of Nothing At All, and has the usual Steinman touch of piano introduction, lasts about half an hour and sounds awesome - an excellent song on a pretty average album!

He's worked a bit with A Lloyd Webber and the like so there must be lots of others out there. :??:

Jaymze
28 Jul 2002, 05:03
Favourite Steinman non-Meat song? It has to be Bad For Good, I'm sure if Meat releases it, it'll go straight to number 1 and it would make perfect track for Bat III if it is ever to be written.

Overlord
28 Jul 2002, 14:50
For me, it has to be Steinman's original Rock and Roll Dreams Come Through on the album Bad for Good (Also on Meat Loaf and Friends album). I love the kinda rock and roll/jazzesque nature of it, the choral accompaniment, and most of all, that amazing orchestral ending.

Overlord

Rob The Badger
04 Aug 2002, 12:55
Has to be Total Eclispse of the Heart. Even though Ms. Tyler can't sing very well.

Jaymze
05 Aug 2002, 05:52
You know Steinman paid for her to undergo surgery on her voice so she could sing Total Eclipse of the Heart.

ChoccyBat
05 Aug 2002, 22:38
Blimey! I actually think she's not that bad a singer - or rather she wasn't then. I heard her not long ago, and it sounded like age had caught up on her - unlike Mr Loaf!! You can't deny that the songs he wrote for her were some of his best tho, after the Bat albums of course!!

Jaymze
06 Aug 2002, 04:50
I still think Meat has the best voice for Steinman songs as they're meant to be operatic but I'd have loved nothing more then to see Steinman perform in The Dream Engine.

Garrett
10 Aug 2002, 17:29
My best Steinman Non-Meat songs are:

Bad for good
Stark raving love
Dance in my pants

And my best Meat Non-Steinman songs are:

I'd lie for you
Amnesty is granted
Not a dry eye in the house
Martha
Fallen Angel
Razors Edge
If you really want to
Blind before I stop
Sailor to a siren
Piece of the action

The Flying Mouse
10 Aug 2002, 18:41
:twisted: I like quite a few Bonnie Tyler songs.
Best non Jim Steinman song?So many to choose from but here goes.
1.Razor's edge-Great sound lyrics & video
2.Hot Patootie-I really love that rock + roll.Need I say more?
3.Piece of the action-Wow,goosepimples.The clashes are awesome.
The Mrs likes
1.If you really want to-Great sound,and she likes the coke used as holy water in the video.
2.Standing On The Outside-Reminds her of The Lost Boys movie.
3.Cheatin' In Your Dreams-It's got a really swinging rhythm,like a 50s/60s rock + roll song.

But Steinman will always be the best.

White of High
11 Aug 2002, 02:04
The most important to me is the music, but the best non-Meat Steinman song is Unsettled Scores by Michael Ball.

After Ravishing by Bonnie Tyler (if I want to dance Holding Out For A Hero is better) and Bad For Good. Pray Lewd from Original Sin is fantastic. The Natives Are Restless Tonight is better than Meat's.

I don't like Nowhere Fast by Meat (this is the worst steinman song by Meat), but in Street of Fire is very good. Tonight Is What It Means To Be Young is better.

I have forgotten. Maybe the best is He, Ho Professor from Tanz der Vampire.