PDA

View Full Version : fed up now with all the bickering on here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CarolM
02 Feb 2004, 02:24
Sorry guys just so fed up now with all the arguing on here, :( dont think ill be around much after tonite, :( its just horrible to see how the site is going with all the fighting on here. :( Mousie will still be here :wink: but i cant stomach anymore :( ,all my friends off here ill speak to on msn, :wink: so thats all i have to say :( its getting to a point were i cant even sleep without all this being on my mind :( ,Take Care all cu soon :wink: <i hope when the arguments die down> :D will miss you all so much :( :cry: its just getting me down now. :( Best Wishes, take care .
Carol.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :wink:

black dog
02 Feb 2004, 08:29
I'm sorry to hear that you will not be around much but can understand this decision. I know what you are saying about the argument. There are some threads going at the moment that even though I have a view point I have chosed not to post on because I feel that my opinion will be picked apart.

I haven't been on the forum for very long but will mill your presence and hope you will be back soon.

Ageing Bat
02 Feb 2004, 09:04
Know just what you mean Carol. I've been thinking along those lines myself, but thought I'd give it a few days more before making a decision. I come on here for a light hearted look on life, not for wars of words. Of course everyone is entitled to an opinion, but that doesn't entitle others to attack that opinion so visciously. It certainly doesn't make pleasant reading.

Black Dog has once again taken the words right out of my mouth! Don't stay away too long Carol - your postings make me laugh sometimes!! :D

Keep Rocking
02 Feb 2004, 09:56
Carol, I can understand you. I'm here only for a couple pf months. And get to know this forum as a heartwarming place, where you can always find nice people to "talk" to.
But I don't understand what is happening the last days, do we need war (sorry, it seems to me like that) here?
Hopefully it will change back in a few days and you will come back
Yvonne

Bren
02 Feb 2004, 10:03
Sorry guys just so fed up now with all the arguing on here, :( dont think ill be around much after tonite, :( its just horrible to see how the site is going with all the fighting on here. :( Mousie will still be here :wink: but i cant stomach anymore :( ,all my friends off here ill speak to on msn, :wink: so thats all i have to say :( its getting to a point were i cant even sleep without all this being on my mind :( ,Take Care all cu soon :wink: <i hope when the arguments die down> :D will miss you all so much :( :cry: its just getting me down now. :( Best Wishes, take care .
Carol.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :wink:

same here Carol
I come here to relax and unwind.......talk to my friends
but the way things are at the moment, when i come here i end up angry or very upset by the way things are....
so i too won't be around for the time being......

will talk to you on MSN Carol :D

when i joined here this site had a lovely welcoming, warm friendly atmosphere...and always a lot of fun and laughter......
...so what happened??? how did it get from that to this??

I love this site, have many friends here who's company i love being in
....but like Carol, i too can't cope with the way things are at the moment.......it's just not what i come here for.

i will continue to hope things change for the better,....

bye for now
Bren

dottie
02 Feb 2004, 12:18
I come here to relax and unwind.......talk to my friends
but the way things are at the moment, when i come here i end up angry or very upset by the way things are....

when i joined here this site had a lovely welcoming, warm friendly atmosphere...and always a lot of fun and laughter......
...so what happened??? how did it get from that to this??

I love this site, have many friends here who's company i love being in

i will continue to hope things change for the better,....

My feelings summed up also, I finding this daily tirade of bickering very upsetting, life's to short.......Won't someone please remember that! :(

Guppie
02 Feb 2004, 22:45
Mrs. Mouse, Carol, please reconsider.

I only follow a few topics, because it's just too many posts, but I know you are a well respected member of this forum and I'd hate to see you leave because of what's been going on lately.

I come here almost every day for over a year now. I was here yesterday, I am here today and I will be here tomorrow...

Look at it this way: shit happens. In every community. It can't be a rose garden all the time. Simple because we are all people. And people become friends, but they also argue from time to time.
And when shit happens, you can speak your piece or go offline and do something you enjoy and keep your mind of things. Don't let the fighting get you down. Just go with the flow.... like my son would say: chill.. :D

When I joined, the forum had over 400 members. No it's over 800... things change.

But... things will calm down and get better. Put your trust in R. and the mods here. Like R said in his new rules: this is not a democracy.
R and his mods will see to it that everyone sticks to the rules.
It's a heck of a job, but they're doing a fine job and will continue to do so.

So please reconsider?
Guppie

meatwka
02 Feb 2004, 23:07
its true, theres too much bickering, far too much. What happened to the peaceful & fun forum this used to be?!

Think we all need to get a grip and be mature adults (even if some of us are young, sometimes i think us younger ones are more mature!!??!!) otherwise the forum will lose more an more members!

Come on guys, lets start having fun again. I know most of us are still having fun etc but it just takes 1 post an everyones arguing etc, lets get it sorted, together we can all make it a fun meat loaf forum, not a grumpy forum to argue on :wink: 8)

The Flying Mouse
02 Feb 2004, 23:18
:twisted: Things have been getting pretty OTT in some areas these days :( .Unfortunatly when there is a lot of arguing going on it does make the site not so much fun to visit.
mlukfc has enjoyed a very large boom in membership over the last year.It's only natural that with more people come more opinions, and sometimes those opinions can get VERY contradictionary :wink: .
There has been quite a bit of talk behind the scenes (yes, us mods do do some work now and again :lol: ) to try and find a way where everyone can express their opinion without fear of being shouted at or ridiculed.
Rainer has done a great job in summing up the new forum rules.Hopefully everyone will abide by them and once more help this site to be one of the friendliest places on the web where everyone is respected :up: .If people break the rules, they will be suspended or banned.

As the site gains more members, it also raises new challenges to the forum team.It's a challege that we will continue to strive to meet in the future, and doing our best to bring you the best site we possibly can 8) .

shadow1000001
02 Feb 2004, 23:24
As the site gains more members, it also raises new challenges to the forum team.It's a challege that we will continue to strive to meet in the future, and doing our best to bring you the best site we possibly can 8) .

You guys always do :D

ROSIE
02 Feb 2004, 23:31
We only get one chance at life, this is not a rehearsal,

SO

Lets all start having fun again :lol: :lol:

Carol, please reconsider :o :o

Rosie

Guppie
02 Feb 2004, 23:45
Rainer has done a great job in summing up the new forum rules.Hopefully everyone will abide by them and once more help this site to be one of the friendliest places on the web where everyone is respected :up: .If people break the rules, they will be suspended or banned.

Everyone has to abide by the rules. And if they don't, you kick em out. Simple as that. The forum-team is doing great. I have no worries there.

This forum grew from 400 to over 800 members since I joined, like I said.That's a big change but I am confindent you guys can handle that. :wink:

Cpl Mickey
02 Feb 2004, 23:56
:( Im sorry you are not going to be around Carol and Bren :cry: but hope soon this will die down and you both will come back. I will miss you both

Guppie
03 Feb 2004, 00:08
My nick is Guppie but the Dutchies know that a Guppie can also go into [piranha-modus].
Just wondering if Carol and Bren have long hair... so I can drag them down by their hair to mlukfc, he he...

Please... the hard core posters here: don't stay away because of the recent developments.

What is a forum: it's the people posting there. It's you and me and everybody else.
We all together ARE the forum.
Remember that.

Hang in there :)

Cpl Mickey
03 Feb 2004, 00:27
Well said Guppie. very eloquently put. I sometimes find it hard to put it in words but you did Weel Done again

Guppie
03 Feb 2004, 00:51
Well said Guppie. very eloquently put. I sometimes find it hard to put it in words but you did Weel Done again
Well, I do my best, but English is not my native tongue, that's a big disadvantage, especially in case of discussion or arguments.

I've seen many groups over the years on the internet. And although a group changes when the amount of members increases, or new people become active in a group: it is always a pity when the "old" members fall silent or stay away.... I'd just hate to see that happen on this forum.

I'm a member since december 2002. But long before I joined, this was a group, and if I understand correctly, this was a cosy, friendly group....

Maybe it is an idea to ask R. to add another hidden board. For the people that were here before a certain date?

I myself have no php-knowledge. I run the Dutch forum, using the Yabb software. But I do know, that by making membergroups, you can shield certain area's of the forum. And make it visible to only a certain amount of members.

I did that on the Dutch forum. The people that joined from day one... they are my thinkink-tank, he he...

Not meaning to interere with admin or mods, mind you. Just a thought.

CarolM
03 Feb 2004, 19:08
Hey guys thanks for all your lovely messages it got me thinking ,so here i am, :wink: i am back now and i am STAYING. :D Nothing is gonna tear me down anymore, :roll: once again thanx for all your kind words, :wink: it does mean a lot to me, and is appreciated, :wink: thanx guys love you all. :D Carol.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx all we need now is our Bren back<come back we Bren miss you> :( btw Guppie i do have long hair. :lmao:

heat
03 Feb 2004, 19:24
btw Guppie i do have long hair. :lmao:

"Drag her by the hair.... Take her back to... MLUKFC!!!!"

Glad to see you're sticking with us, Cal :D

mariella
03 Feb 2004, 19:34
This place just would not be the same without you, Carol!

xxx

Mariella

DIZZY DRUMMER
03 Feb 2004, 20:01
carol
Welcome back - do not want to lose any regulars - i love reading your threads - got to go brat kickingme off b bac later

CarolM
03 Feb 2004, 20:06
Awwwwwww thanx Mariella hunnie. :oops:.

Guppie
03 Feb 2004, 20:12
Hey Carol, welcome back.
Glad I didn't have to drag you out here by your pony-tail. 8)

CarolM
03 Feb 2004, 20:26
Great to be here thank you Guppie hun. :wink:

black dog
03 Feb 2004, 20:33
Nice to see you back. You would have been missed.

ChrissybabezNI
04 Feb 2004, 04:10
Im glad you decided to come back Carol Mouse, I dont know about anyone else, but the way you wrote your first message really got to me and made me think about how Im going to reply to people and discuss things in the future.

There are an awful lot of lovely people on here and I can well believe this used to be a cosy place, there is no chance of it being cosy now as theres lots of members lol, :D and sometimes I think we find it hard to get to know everyone properly.

I have been here a good while now but I cant really say I know anyone that well although Id like to.
I think if we all knew each other better we would all get on far better, does no one else think so? But I do appreciate the fact that with around 800 members it could be a wee bit hard to get to know everyone individually!
Anyway Im really happy you came back and I feel so sorry about how you felt when you wrote your first post.

Can I just add one more thing:
Maybe it is an idea to ask R. to add another hidden board. For the people that were here before a certain date?

Nooo I dont want to miss anything lol :D
But maybe we could have one for people whose posts are over a certain number, so all the regulars could get to know each other better (thats probably a really daft idea and would probably encourage people to postwhore, but just a thought)

Thanks for reading this... Chrissy

DIZZY DRUMMER
04 Feb 2004, 07:07
ChrisseybabezNI wrote:

Im glad you decided to come back Carol Mouse, I dont know about anyone else, but the way you wrote your first message really got to me and made me think about how Im going to reply to people and discuss things in the future.

There are an awful lot of lovely people on here and I can well believe this used to be a cosy place, there is no chance of it being cosy now as theres lots of members lol, and sometimes I think we find it hard to get to know everyone properly.

i second that :D

Cpl Mickey
04 Feb 2004, 15:48
:D Welcome back Carol. I haven't been on here for very long, but there are some lovely people here. WELCOME BACK

Bren
04 Feb 2004, 17:23
Just wondering if Carol and Bren have long hair... so I can drag them down by their hair to mlukfc, he he...

Thanks Guppie :D ....btw i have short hair :lmao:

made me laugh reading that.

Carol wrote all we need now is our Bren back<come back we Bren miss you>

thanks Carol :D

Cpl Mickey wrote Im sorry you are not going to be around Carol and Bren but hope soon this will die down and you both will come back. I will miss you both

Bren

CarolM
05 Feb 2004, 01:39
thanx guys for your kind words great to be back, :D most important you all Never Ever Stop Rocking :wink: , Bren hi hun great to see you missed ya hunnie, :wink: love you all guys. :D

shadow1000001
05 Feb 2004, 02:24
thanx guys for your kind words great to be back, :D most important you all Never Ever Stop Rocking :wink: , Bren hi hun great to see you missed ya hunnie, :wink: love you all guys. :D

We love you too :D
Glad to see that you and Bren are back.

Maria

Guppie
05 Feb 2004, 18:35
WB Bren 8)

ladyloaf69
05 Feb 2004, 19:31
i agree too much arguing back and forth. i want to be able to come in and talk to everyone without getting a headache. another website which i shall not name is really tearing meat down especially his girlfriend . its a shame . can't we all just get along