PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Horror Show

Kitty Kat
15 Dec 2003, 20:13
Can anyone tell me if the 1975 Rocky Horror Picture Show on Boxing Day (12.50am Yorkshire &Tyne Tees) is the one that Meat is in. The film features Susan Sarandon and the year looks about right.

White of High
15 Dec 2003, 20:15
Yes!

Kitty Kat
15 Dec 2003, 20:17
Thanks. I must remember to set the vid as I am partying that night :roll: :roll:

needmoremeat
15 Dec 2003, 20:30
Wow, third time in 4 years that it's been on over one holiday period or another! :wink:

Dave
15 Dec 2003, 21:41
HOOPLA DENTON~!

plukie
15 Dec 2003, 22:12
You're Lucky! I'm Lucky! We're All Lucky!! :lol:

Brilliant film.

black dog
15 Dec 2003, 22:32
Well I must try and remember to record this. Can never make up my mind though if I like it. I suppose it's because I like a good story line and this one is a bit odd. (Maybe it's just me) but I do like Meat Loaf coming out the freezer on the bike.

DebGreaves
15 Dec 2003, 22:48
Love this film. Have already got it on video, so ill probably be watching it while im off uni over xmas

Debs :D

Bigmomma
15 Dec 2003, 23:32
Brilliant film, brilliant stage show( theatre), and an excellent reason to
get dressed up :twisted: i love it. :)
as i am out of range for the t.v. region i will just have to dig out the video.
managed to get a copy after my old one was stolen, (bet they had a shock) think i may watch it later :P

angel eyes
16 Dec 2003, 01:19
:D I got it on DVD when they celebrated 25th anniversary. Has some great extras on. I love Richard O'Brien - he is so clever - and so bizzare.
Would love to go and see the show. It's always been sold out when I have tried for tickets when it has been near where I live. I'll try again next time.

Love

Angelxxx

Dave
16 Dec 2003, 03:00
A Rocky Horror cast saw my DO IT! mask pics on MOTS and now want to do a Blacklight Rocky Horror Party. They are going to use MOTS to help promote. More info soon!!!

ROCK ON ROCKY HORROR!!!

shadow1000001
16 Dec 2003, 04:25
A Rocky Horror cast saw my DO IT! mask pics on MOTS and now want to do a Blacklight Rocky Horror Party. They are going to use MOTS to help promote. More info soon!!!

ROCK ON ROCKY HORROR!!!

Congrats David :D

Shellyb01
16 Dec 2003, 13:49
I went to see Rocky Horror Show this year at the Empire Theatre in Liverpool :D and it was one of the best nights out I've had in ages .... it was the first time I'd ever seen it, but I'd go again without a doubt. We were two rows from the front and it was amazing .... so tacky but fun. The audience 'participation' was excellent, and some of the men looked even better than the women!! (kind of a wierd sort of turn on?!?!?!? :twisted: ).

My fella bought me the 25th Anniversary DVD when that came out as well, I think it's still available in some shops, and the price seems to have come down a hell of a lot on it as well .... cool Christmas present!! :D

Anyway just thought I'd share that load of rubbish with you ..... :wink:

Love'n'stuff

Shelly xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dave
16 Dec 2003, 14:15
My fella bought me the 25th Anniversary DVD when that came out as well, I think it's still available in some shops, and the price seems to have come down a hell of a lot on it as well .... cool Christmas present!! :D

VERY COOL!!!

Shelly, hold on to that if it is the 2 disc set of RHPS. That is now out of print and becoming a good collector's item!

ROCK ON ROCKY HORROR!!!

Shellyb01
16 Dec 2003, 14:41
Hey thanks David, I didn't know that it was out of print, it is the 2 disc edition ... lucky me eh??! :lol:

That's excellent too about your MOT's ...... amazing ..... I'd love to have a talent .... something I could show off ..... :(

Don't dream it, be it ..... :D

Shelly xxxxxx

DebGreaves
16 Dec 2003, 21:50
Have got the 25th anniversary edition of Rocky horror but on video

Jayd
16 Dec 2003, 23:23
I got both Region 1 ( America/Canada) and Region 2 (Europe) both 2 disc Collectors editions. Region 1 version is better, lots of cool DVD ROM features included. :D

[RDH]draconia
17 Dec 2003, 07:31
rocky horror will LIVE forever :twisted: :twisted:
no matter how many times i go and see it on stage i always take VIRGINS with me :twisted: :twisted:
poor things but they do tend to LOVE it and go back time and time again :twisted: :twisted:

Steve
17 Dec 2003, 18:12
Can hear your comment even now, Draconia

"Pass me another virgin - this one's warped out!!!!"

Kitty Kat
19 Dec 2003, 12:52
:D I got it on DVD when they celebrated 25th anniversary. Has some great extras on. I love Richard O'Brien - he is so clever - and so bizzare.
Would love to go and see the show. It's always been sold out when I have tried for tickets when it has been near where I live. I'll try again next time.

Love

Angelxxx

I saw the stage show in Leeds with Jason Donovan as Frankenfurter - he looked pretty god in a baaque and high heels.
If you do get to a stage show don't forget to take a water pistol, some rice and newspaper. the reason for this will become obvious as the show progresses. :nuts:

[RDH]draconia
19 Dec 2003, 21:33
haha nice one steve but mainly true
:roll: :roll: :roll:

rockfenris2005
23 Dec 2003, 14:59
Someone said the 25th Anniversary RHPS is out of print. Just saw one the other day - I hope it's still there. I'll have to race out and get it. Wish me luck. Can u get SHOCK TREATMENT on DVD?

[RDH]draconia
23 Dec 2003, 21:07
Can u get SHOCK TREATMENT on DVD?

i wish i would LOVE to get that film on DVD :twisted: :twisted:
as for RHPS out of stock i think if you hunt around you can still get it :twisted: :twisted:

Gez
23 Dec 2003, 22:22
Right draconia.............time for those suspenders again :bunny:

DebGreaves
27 Dec 2003, 20:47
Stopped up to watch this on tv last night even though Ive got it on video, it is one of my fave films

Chris
27 Dec 2003, 21:37
If people have the 2 disc Region 2 set, Have they seen all THREE versions of the film that are ont he discs?

There is the normal version (or at least as normal as Rockyu Horror ever gets!!!!)

There is the fan version with the fan club sing a longs

And there is Richard O'Briens directors version. this is a hidden extra on the discs. The film is in black and white up to the point where riff-raff throws open the ball room door and it erupts into colour for the Time Warp.

If i cna find the file telling me how to get a tthe extra, I will post it here!!!

EDIT
====

Here is how to access the hidden version

From the Main Menu you press left until you see a pair of yellow lips highlighted.
Press enter.

Shortcut to the egg: While either version (UK or US) is playing hit the display button on your remote untill it shows which version of the film is playing (versions 1, 2 or 3). By selecting number 3 you'll start-up the hidden "Wizard of Oz" version of the film.

Hope you all enjoy!!

Apparently it was supposed to be black and white with the only colour being Franks lips until he throws off his cloak!!

LostSoul
28 Dec 2003, 01:48
If you do get to a stage show don't forget to take a water pistol, some rice and newspaper. the reason for this will become obvious as the show progresses. :nuts:

Not necessarely a stage show... here, in Paris, the movie is still aired every saturday night on a tiny theater since it was released (!) and a friend of mine told me people take part of it!

Have to go there once... 8)

I've played it so many times that the tape starts getting defective... :twisted:

[RDH]draconia
28 Dec 2003, 08:02
would you also belive that there is a computer game of the rocky horror out :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

oh yes there is and i cant even get past the first floor either :evil: :evil: :evil:

BadAttitude
28 Dec 2003, 08:21
would you also belive that there is a computer game of the rocky horror out :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

oh yes there is and i cant even get past the first floor either :evil: :evil: :evil:

There is, where did you get it from??? :roll:

I would like to fine a copy of this game for me and my daughter.

Love & Happiness
Autumn