PDA

View Full Version : A rant?

R.
26 May 2002, 22:27
Ewan from meatloafonline.com (http://www.meatloafonline.com/) made an interesting post on his forums (http://surfsupnet.proboards9.com/).
Feel free to discuss this one here too!

Im taking a big deep gasp as I write this

Im sure I am not the only one here feeling kinda disillusioned by this whole Testify (the album formerly known as Fun House) saga...

Have you just had enough of all the uncertainties surrounding release dates? I only wonder because there are no posts about Testify on this message board, afterall, the Tour board is well posted-up? And those eMails that once swamped my mailbox asking about the release date for Testify... they seem to have stopped?

Maybe like me, you've grown bored of specualtion - and you are just going to embrace Testify when it happens? Maybe its the same feeling you have regarding the Bat Out Of Hell II 2CD set re-issue, and the two conflicting accounts over the fate of this release?

I find that it is also quite disheartening to go to what is Meats only record label website at this time (BeyondMusic.com) only to find that there is absolutley no information about Meat Loaf - and Beyond Music is part of Left Bank - Meats management company?

Have you ever clicked on BonJovi.com, for example? Im also into Bon Jovi - and its a very different experience just being able to go to that one website and find out whats going down with the band - its coordinated - and it says to me: "We (Bon Jovis record label) value our fans enough to tell them as it is..." I know that Meat does value his fans more than anyone... but it just comes back to the same old thing... Meat Loaf (and ultimately his very, very big fan base) not getting the same recognition and respect from the music industry...

This Meat Loaf DVD with a RECENT, unedited arena sized show - plus all the music videos to all his chart-topping songs and the Behind The Music documentary etc etc is still a dream of mine... The Meat Loaf DVD/Video section in your store is shamefully bare - and as a fan, it does begin to niggle after all this time...

Anyway, thats my little rant! Meat, you must know that you'll always be the ONLY one, regardless of a new record - but for everything that you have blessed us with - we are truly grateful

TAKE CARE
Ewan

PS: Any "official" news etc always comes from http://MLUKFC.com first

Ewan, sorry for simply copying your post.
But I think this is a very interesting topic and I wanted it to share with our 'Loafers' as well.

:D
R.

Shane
27 May 2002, 10:07
Ask a dozen different people when they think Testify is coming out, and you'll probably get a dozen different answers. For the record, the last I heard was maybe early summer (northern hemisphere). I too am growing tired of speculation and would appreciate some more official news on this. This is not to say that I am impatient, frustrated or whatever.

Tim
27 May 2002, 10:24
I think that what Ewan wrote is just how i feel, and maybe there are a lot who think the same. It's a pitty, that there is no news from Testify, because we all want to see a new Meat Loaf album.

Also the release of bat 1 and 2 with some extra stuff. Men, i was thrilled. And than i heard that it was fake. Well, there is nothing you can do about all this. I think that's the internet.... a lot of rumors, and a little bit of the thruth.

We'll just have to wait..........

LucyK!
27 May 2002, 18:58
Aww Ewan - your posts are in demand hun! :wink:

Shane
30 May 2002, 12:04
What do you mean Tim, by `fake' (in regard to Bat 1 and 2)?

Bat 1 has been re-released more than once since 1977...the latest at the beginning of 2001 (or was it the beginning of this year?) with two extra tracks, Bolero and Bat Out Of Hell Live (although I hear that the re-release in the UK also has Dead Ringer For Love on it).

And not so long ago, there was an announcement that Bat 2 would be re-released with extra tracks.

Tim
30 May 2002, 13:13
Well, Shane, what i meant with 'fake', is that it was a fake rumour, brought in to the world by someone or some recordcompagny, and that it is a great disappointment, to hear that it isn't true.

You also said something about a re-release of Bat out of Hell 2? Did you have some more info about that? I couldn't find anything about it, so maybe you can help me, of us at this forum with it.

Tom B
30 May 2002, 19:06
The BOOH2 re-issue is a bit of a stop start thing. It was to be released in March or April ... then cancelled. In the latests RVM it says the re-issue WILL happen and I think it's set for the end of June. A few sites have the news now - though oddly not here.

Jaymze
31 May 2002, 16:54
Does anyone know what the extra-material will be on the re-issued Bats??

Shane
01 Jun 2002, 04:59
The Bat 2 rerelease is definitely ON again, after being `cancelled' earlier this year. Here is an extract from a news report (from when it was originally annouced in February) about the extra content:

Now expanded into a two-CD set, BAT OUT OF HELL II: BACK INTO HELL (DELUXE EDITION) adds the single edit of the #1 smash "I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That)" as well as the radio edits of the Top 40 hit "Objects In The Rear View Mirror May Appear Closer Than They Are," Top 20 "Rock And Roll Dreams Come Through" and "Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back."

Also appended are a 1998 remix of "Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back"; an acoustic "Objects In The Rear View Mirror May Appear Closer Than They Are" and its Wild Car Mix, and three live tracks recorded in July 1993, including flashbacks to the original BAT OUT OF HELL ("Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad" plus the previously unreleased "All Revved Up With No Place To Go" and "Heaven Can Wait").

It is available for pre-ordering from cduniverse.com. Click here to see it:

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=3915813&cart=122171814&style=music

Jaymze
02 Jun 2002, 00:39
Oh dear God people, the record companies are yet again trying to shamelesly re-produce a classic. How many copies of Bat Out of Hell can be purchased, I think it's around 3 or 4 and now they've started on BatII. Next they'll be releasing limited edition copies of BatII with tracks including Jim Steinman's sneeze and Meat Loaf flushing the toilet.

Tim
02 Jun 2002, 12:30
Next they'll be releasing limited edition copies of BatII with tracks including Jim Steinman's sneeze and Meat Loaf flushing the toilet.

LOL, i'm very curius how that will sound! :D

No, but i understand what you mean The Lizard. There are some other threats were we also wrote some stuff about the re-releases. But the positif thing about this rerelease, is that there is a second disk, with some mixes and other funny stuff. That's what i like.

Chris
02 Jun 2002, 18:36
The Lizard asked how many copies of Bat could now be bought,

Well......

The original,
Bat Out of Hell 2001 - the release with added tracks such as Bolero
Bat out of Hell 1999 - A rerelease that I am not sure had what extra!
Bat gold - A rerelease on a gold CD
Bat remastered - A rerelease with some extra tracks (fairly old i think)

also, in Virgin megastores, Coventry, they have Bat Millenium which is the original but in a new sleeve for the millenium.

Anyone know of any other releases?

Meatles
02 Jun 2002, 23:34
As for other Bat releases

- Bat revamped featuring DRFL

What they should do is make a bat 1 release with the same tracks and same order, but have them as live versions from the Bat tour. Now that would be a pointful rerealease

Meatles
08 Jun 2002, 02:40
Look at this bat2 rerealease, has anyone seen it before?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=882233875

Puritan
08 Jun 2002, 09:06
Yes. an Australian package I believe

The live tracks are as released on the I'd Do Anything For Love single CDs

R.
08 Jun 2002, 12:14
Yes, i know it and I have it. :p

Quite interesting turnaround in the discussion here, btw. 8O