PDA

View Full Version : Dead Ringer For Love

Jaymze
07 May 2002, 22:42
I've just bought Dead Ringer For Love and Peel Out as well as I'll Kill You If You Don't Come Back are brilliant, but over all my favourite album is Bat II- what's everyone elses fav albums and songs??

R.
07 May 2002, 22:47
Just a hint, u could make a poll out of this, Lizard.

8)
R.

Chris
07 May 2002, 23:47
Not really sure that I have a favourite album. I like songs off all of them and, although it is sad to admit this i know the words to just about every song! If I had to choose an album I would say "Live around the world" as I like the live tracks best and "Storytellers" as I really like the humour in the conversations.

My favourite song would be "Out of the frying pan..." and "Objects in the rear view mirror.." the letter was played in our local ASDA a couple of weeks ago and I was so surprised i started to sing along!!!

Chris

PS As an aside to this, has anyone got a song by another artist that theyw ould really like to hear Meat sing? Mine would be anything done by Air Supply!

Tim
08 May 2002, 12:32
Oh man, what a question. I like all of his albums. But the Bat out of hell albums are the best. Also a lot of bootlegs are great. I mean, Meat Loaf live is super!!!

The song i love most.....well a couple i do love..... Rock and Roll Dreams, Out of the Frying Pan, Life is a Lemon and I want my money back and of course Paradise by the Dashboard Light.

Well, actualy, a lot of songs i like, it's very hard to make a choice, but those songs i play a lot! :D

Steve
08 May 2002, 17:59
Like everyone else, I'm pushed to name favourites - every mood seems to be covered!

If you go by my 6 most played BOOH, Modern Girl, Life Is A Lemon, Kiss, Dead Ringer and Is Nothing Sacred?

How does this compare with the rest of you?

Anonymous
08 May 2002, 19:48
I like Bat he most (The storytellers version is the best). I also often listen to I'd do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That), Out Of The Frying Pan, Rock 'n' Roll Dreams Come Trough and Everything Louder/Dead Ringer (The live version from Bats Out Of Hell Live in Cardiff)

Michel
08 May 2002, 19:52
I forgot to Login. So the message above is mine (and the message under also)

I like Bat he most (The storytellers version is the best). I also often listen to I'd do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That), Out Of The Frying Pan, Rock 'n' Roll Dreams Come Trough and Everything Louder/Dead Ringer (The live version from Bats Out Of Hell Live in Cardiff).

tukayaway
08 May 2002, 21:07
I agree with Michel, the Storytellers version of Bat is best. The guitar/bike solo is the most original and satisfying. But me fave is Objects In The Rear View Mirror.

Tom B
08 May 2002, 21:13
IMO fav tracks:

Not A Dry Eye ... For Crying Out Loud & More Than You Deserve (live)
:)

Chris
08 May 2002, 21:14
I forgot to include "For crying out loud.." One of the most moving songs there is!

Shane
09 May 2002, 12:06
My favourites, in this order:

For Crying Out Loud
Bat Out Of Hell
Life Is A Lemon

Shane
09 May 2002, 12:06
My favourites, in this order:

For Crying Out Loud
Bat Out Of Hell
Life Is A Lemon

Jaymze
12 May 2002, 01:54
Two songs which really show Meat's vocal talent are Home By Now/No Matter What and For Crying Out Loud- which is why I think it would be a good idea to release a piano and vocals album from Jim and Meat.