PDA

View Full Version : Motorama

White of High
06 Oct 2003, 14:34
Anybody has seen it?
I've seen. Terrible!!! The worst movie of all time! I don't know what did it wanna be...

The Flying Mouse
02 Nov 2003, 17:55
For information purposes,the video case says....

Hitch a ride on the wildest road trip since Thelma met Loise.The wildly original author of "After Hours" hits the target again with this comedy about Gus, a 10-year old delinquent who runs away from home in a stolen Mustang and sets out on an obsessive and perilous journey to become the first winner of a gas station contest.
It turns into the weirdest road trip ever to hit the screen as Gus encounters a gallery of rogues, road hogs and colourful characters, including Meat Loaf, Drew Barrymore and Flea (of Red Hot Chilli Pepper's fame), who contribute greatly to his education of life!
With music by Andy Summers (of The Police), MOTORAMA is a story about growing up and of survival in a harsh, self obsessed world.And above all else, it's a rock-and-roll adventure of a lifetime...

It is a very weird movie,wether that is a good or bad thing is debatable :?
A lot of things don't add up,and I get the impression they're not suposed too.
At one point you actually think you know where the movie is going to go,then they throw that it was just a dream gimmick in and take you back to an earlier point in the film 8O .
As a movie,there are a couple of saving graces.Notibally the pitching horse shoes compertition which was very funny :lol: .Unfortunatly there is not (imo) enough of these moments to keep the movie going :(

Meat wise,he plays a great part 8) .His character (Vern) is not a very nice guy :lol: .It's hardly a staring role,but still much better than the one minute appearances i've seen in other movies :wink: .

One to watch,but not to love.