PDA

View Full Version : The Videos: 18. Rock'n'Roll Dreams Come Through

Garrett
26 Aug 2003, 12:41
Videos: Rock'n'Roll Dreams Come Through

Okay, after a longer time of disappearance, I'm back on board. :D The video threads go on!

I know, Meat likes to disguise himself, like he did it in the Anything video, where he played the beast. :lol: In the video to "Rock'n'Roll Dreams Come Through", you can see him in a disguise, too. He plays a Djinn or such creature, captured in an old music box at a junkyard. But there's a young girl who sets him free. And he shows her the meaning of life and music, that all is easier, if you believe in Rock'n'Roll and that some problems aren't the end. The girl was played by Angelina Jolie, and I wonder, if it was her very first role on screen ever. I don't know it. Nobody knows her back in 1993, but today she's one of the most famous young female actors in the world. The video to "Rock'n'Roll Dreams Come Through" is a very good one and it completely suits the song. One of Meat's best ever.

10/10

shadow1000001
26 Aug 2003, 17:06
I totally agree :!:

10/10

White of High
26 Aug 2003, 19:50
I don't know why but I don't like this video. But Angelina Jolie was better woman then like at now...

My score: 7

Tim
27 Aug 2003, 12:18
THis is a very good song, and a very, very good video. Love the jukebox idea and meat as a kind of a witch man.
Also the girl that comes from the sky is very cool. Very good video clip.

9.3/10

Testify
27 Aug 2003, 22:53
love this vid, think its great 9.5/10 :D

RSG
28 Aug 2003, 05:45
This is a really neat video. I normally prefer one like I'd Lie For You 's video. But this is a really neat video. I wonder where I could get a jukebox? Would Meat Loaf be in it :lol: . And I have to say, Angelina Jolie is look mm mm mm. lol She is looking great as always, but more in this video, cause she is more around my age here i am guessing. I wonder if she likes Meat's music?

dottie
29 Aug 2003, 20:40
Love the Video and the Song 10/10

Michel
31 Aug 2003, 09:03
Great video. It's exactly the story of the song.

My score: 9

RSG
17 Sep 2003, 01:48
am i bad :oops: i forgot to put my rating on Rock N Roll Dreams

I'd give Jimmy's an 8.5
and Meat's a 9.5!!

Quigmo
17 Sep 2003, 01:50
I couldn't understand why it took so long for the ML version of this song to show up after the JS version (I've read tons about the dynamics of their partnership over the years so now I understand). This song just screamed "massive hit". Truly one of my favs. 10/10 for both the video and the song itself.