madagascar
14 Sep 2016, 10:44
German midweek charts: Meat is on #2! :D

nikox1
14 Sep 2016, 17:47
Fantastic news

nikox1
14 Sep 2016, 18:12
Braver still at no.3 in the midweeks, but the Beatles very close in 4th.

UK - 3
GER - 2
Doing well :D

robgomm
14 Sep 2016, 18:51
Braver still at no.3 in the midweeks, but the Beatles very close in 4th.

UK - 3
GER - 2
Doing well :D

I feel like it will end up 4 or 5 because Tesco have dropped the ball. It's been sold out for 3+ days now and they haven't restocked, so if it drops I'm blaming Tescos 100%.

nikox1
14 Sep 2016, 19:02
I feel like it will end up 4 or 5 because Tesco have dropped the ball. It's been sold out for 3+ days now and they haven't restocked, so if it drops I'm blaming Tescos 100%.

Has sold twice as many as 5,,, but only 600 copies between 3 - 4

proctorloaf
14 Sep 2016, 19:24
Just bought 2 more as christmas presents (every little helps) lol

nikox1
14 Sep 2016, 19:51
:DJust bought 2 more as christmas presents (every little helps) lol

:D

lorenzoduke
14 Sep 2016, 21:23

Fiance has just let slip she's picked up the Tesco edition for me. Got it at the weekend near Roundhay Park apparently :)

duke knooby
14 Sep 2016, 22:36
and i've just made my first ever itunes purchase

ricgough
14 Sep 2016, 23:49
Will be checking tesco, then my other outlets tomorrow for a hard copy.

nikox1
15 Sep 2016, 02:35
I think Meat could be 7 in Germany? No?

nikox1
15 Sep 2016, 19:21
Braver than we are was still no.3 this morning, but get this it was only 19 copies ahead of the Beatles:shock:,,, so its safe to say Braver is gonna chart at 4
Still another top 5,, he has not missed the top 5 with a studio album since 1986

robgomm
15 Sep 2016, 19:40
Braver than we are was still no.3 this morning, but get this it was only 19 copies ahead of the Beatles:shock:,,, so its safe to say Braver is gonna chart at 4
Still another top 5,, he has not missed the top 5 with a studio album since 1986

That's great but bloody Tesco, I hate them so much more than I already did right now

nikox1
15 Sep 2016, 19:52
That's great but bloody Tesco, I hate them so much more than I already did right now

Yeah it played a huge part for sure, paul mccartney and ringo starr appeared on the one show wednesday night aswell, plus the movie is out tomorrow.
Not a great week to release, next week would of been better, even last week .
Still its sold some decent numbers

ThatWriterGuy
15 Sep 2016, 19:57
Not to mention the fact that the vinyl is STILL out of stock on Amazon UK

ashkent7
15 Sep 2016, 23:27
But but but.....It's a #1 Best Seller....on Cassette!!:shock:

Welcome to 1993! :lol:

http://media.mlxxfc.net/casette.JPG

Kev
16 Sep 2016, 13:56
I'm not too sure why? Universal have stock.

Meat was still at 3 yesterday by a midges di....

robgomm
16 Sep 2016, 14:00
I'm not too sure why? Universal have stock.

Meat was still at 3 yesterday by a midges di....

He can't hold on today then, just not possible, especially with the beatles film coming out as well and tesco not restocking.

Kev
16 Sep 2016, 14:03
But now I know where Meat's album ended up in the chart.

White of High
16 Sep 2016, 14:39
Meat Loaf is not on the list in Hungary as you cannot buy his new album anywhere in the country. They import it from Holland if I need a copy. :-)

nikox1
16 Sep 2016, 18:49
Braver no.4 only 300 sales behind no.3
Well done Meat and co

ThatWriterGuy
16 Sep 2016, 18:53
Braver no.4 only 300 sales behind no.3
Well done Meat and co

Quick -- buy 301 copies!

nikox1
16 Sep 2016, 19:00
Quick -- buy 301 copies!

Charts were announced 2 hours ago:D
No.4

nikox1
16 Sep 2016, 19:14
Uk - 4
Ger - 7
Hol - 13
Bel - 9
Ire - 43

More to come,,,,
Ps - it sold 100,000 copies across Europe.

anotherday
16 Sep 2016, 19:22
Uk - 4
Ger - 7
Hol - 13
Bel - 9
Ire - 43

More to come,,,,
Ps - it sold 100,000 copies across Europe.

HOLY SHIT! :shock:

AndrewG
16 Sep 2016, 19:24
Congrats Meat on another Top 5 album. It was a competitive week.

stretch37
17 Sep 2016, 02:13
It's crazy that the album was out of stock for so long, or at all, at Amazon and Tesco. I have no doubt that it would have been #2 or #3 in the UK if that hadn't have happened.

I suppose I can't say I'm outright "angry". I have way too much going on for that. But is this a normal occurrence for artists with a big release? Could Meat in theory take legal action against those companies for not delivering on their end, if that's what happened?

Almost seems like they brushed him off as "oh Meat won't sell much", and then got blindsided. Thoughts on that?

P.S. I hope the album is a grower on the charts just like it has been as a listener.

P.P.S. Why would they choose a week competing with Nick Cave and Bastille?!

robgomm
17 Sep 2016, 09:43
It's crazy that the album was out of stock for so long, or at all, at Amazon and Tesco. I have no doubt that it would have been #2 or #3 in the UK if that hadn't have happened.

I suppose I can't say I'm outright "angry". I have way too much going on for that. But is this a normal occurrence for artists with a big release? Could Meat in theory take legal action against those companies for not delivering on their end, if that's what happened?

Almost seems like they brushed him off as "oh Meat won't sell much", and then got blindsided. Thoughts on that?

P.S. I hope the album is a grower on the charts just like it has been as a listener.

P.P.S. Why would they choose a week competing with Nick Cave and Bastille?!

They 100% didn't expect it to sell like it has, that was the issue really.

nikox1
19 Sep 2016, 21:23
Midweek charts - braver than we are - 10
Doing ok

robgomm
19 Sep 2016, 22:06
Midweek charts - braver than we are - 10
Doing ok

Tescos are back in only today I believe, so that should give it a bump hopefully.

nikox1
21 Sep 2016, 20:01
Monday- 10 tuesday - 9 wednesday - 11
Braver chart positions

Elijah's way
23 Sep 2016, 20:55
Does anyone know if it charted in the US?

stretch37
23 Sep 2016, 20:59
Does anyone know if it charted in the US?

Looks like it's went in at #7?

http://www.billboard.com/album/7512253/braver-than-we-are

nikox1
23 Sep 2016, 21:34
Looks like it's went in at #7?

It was up to 9 yesterday, number 7 is 100% fantastic :shock:

markyboy1985
24 Sep 2016, 07:40
Sorry to bother you folks but does anyone know why braver than we are is not on spotify anymore....it was last week i added it to my playlist and went to stream it just now and braver is not on spotify now 😑

robgomm
24 Sep 2016, 08:04
Sorry to bother you folks but does anyone know why braver than we are is not on spotify anymore....it was last week i added it to my playlist and went to stream it just now and braver is not on spotify now 😑

Not sure I noticed that too, better to just pick up a copy instead, or 2, or 3.

robgomm
24 Sep 2016, 08:10
Out of interest niklox1 and Kev, do either of you guys know how Braver has sold compared to the last 3 albums, BAT3, HCTB, and HIAHB? It just seemed like it's taken the retailers completely by surprise and they weren't prepared to be sold out which has been frustrating for me. Would be good to know if it's sold more than those albums.

nikox1
24 Sep 2016, 13:45
The last year sales everywhere have dropped alarmingly. Only 7 artists last year sold over 1.2m WORLDWIDE :shock:
So it's difficult to compare.
But its doing better than HIAHB, looking like beating HCTB, but BAT 3 was a decent seller, it was just compared too much to the other 2 in sales. Which is not fair as sales were even on the slide in 2006.
Braver has made an impact in the USA more so than the previous 2

robgomm
24 Sep 2016, 14:33
The last year sales everywhere have dropped alarmingly. Only 7 artists last year sold over 1.2m WORLDWIDE :shock:
So it's difficult to compare.
But its doing better than HIAHB, looking like beating HCTB, but BAT 3 was a decent seller, it was just compared too much to the other 2 in sales. Which is not fair as sales were even on the slide in 2006.
Braver has made an impact in the USA more so than the previous 2

That all sounds good to me though.

I really feel the retailers could have got behind it more though and if they had it really could have broke as Meat calls it. You look at Amazon when it was no. 1 for ages, and they didn't even have it on their music front page as a featured even though they could see it was doing great. Tescos did have it on the frontpage i think but they sold out and didn't restock, and now it looks like they're not even getting the normal album back in :angry:

iTunes NEVER featured it even though it was No.2 on there for a short while, and Sainsburys and WHSmiths etc. didn't even bother to stock it.

Now I do get that it's sold unexpectedly well, but my response to that is once all these places saw that, they should have reacted because it's beneficial to them as well as Meat. So I am frustrated by it, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised given the lack of support in the past for Meats albums.

Sadly, if Meat wants to 'break' this album, I don't he'll have any option but to tour again which is in the balance at the moment anyway health wise.

nikox1
24 Sep 2016, 15:26
That all sounds good to me though.

I really feel the retailers could have got behind it more though and if they had it really could have broke as Meat calls it. You look at Amazon when it was no. 1 for ages, and they didn't even have it on their music front page as a featured even though they could see it was doing great. Tescos did have it on the frontpage i think but they sold out and didn't restock, and now it looks like they're not even getting the normal album back in :angry:

iTunes NEVER featured it even though it was No.2 on there for a short while, and Sainsburys and WHSmiths etc. didn't even bother to stock it.

Now I do get that it's sold unexpectedly well, but my response to that is once all these places saw that, they should have reacted because it's beneficial to them as well as Meat. So I am frustrated by it, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised given the lack of support in the past for Meats albums.

Sadly, if Meat wants to 'break' this album, I don't he'll have any option but to tour again which is in the balance at the moment anyway health wise.

Well if the tour adds had of kicked off, they would of really pushed the album higher, tv commercials and bilboards, and of course newspaper adds etc etc,,

robgomm
24 Sep 2016, 18:03
OMG he's charted at 4 in the US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2nd highest charting apparently, how fantastic is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy, can I get a whoop whoop!!!

nikox1
24 Sep 2016, 18:47

2nd highest charting apparently, how fantastic is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy, can I get a whoop whoop!!!

Really? I was asleep

CarylB
24 Sep 2016, 20:42

I could only find that on their International Listing for UK? They have so many sodding listings!

stretch37
24 Sep 2016, 20:54
I could only find that on their International Listing for UK? They have so many sodding listings!

The only thing I can find is this (#7 after 1 week on the charts)

Oh, ok nvm, they have only just updated the #7 to #4...I checked this about an hour ago and it still said #7.

Ok, so I guess robgomm was right? :cool:

stretch37
24 Sep 2016, 21:11
Ok, shouldn't be double posting, but...

http://www.billboard.com/artist/310320/meat-loaf/chart?f=305&sort=position

If it does go in at #4, it does appear that it will indeed be the highest billboard 200 album chart peak since Bat 2...Wait, does that make sense? Is the billboard 200 based on sales alone, or airplay?

nikox1
24 Sep 2016, 21:33
Ok, shouldn't be double posting, but...

http://www.billboard.com/artist/310320/meat-loaf/chart?f=305&sort=position

If it does go in at #4, it does appear that it will indeed be the highest billboard 200 album chart peak since Bat 2...Wait, does that make sense? Is the billboard 200 based on sales alone, or airplay?

Album will be streaming aswell id say, i heard no.12 myself but?

nikox1
24 Sep 2016, 21:39
Hitsdaily building album chart has it at 12

robgomm
24 Sep 2016, 22:13
Oh maybe I got mixed up between US and UK then :(

CarylB
24 Sep 2016, 23:04
BOOH only did 14 in the US, Welcome 17, CHSIB 85, and HIAH 100 when it charted 5 here .. so don't feel bad. Often a prophet in his own country, anywhere between 12 and 7 is huge achievement :-)